Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep.

Comment

• At least your opinion of Michigan is consistent. Can always count on that! :^)
      I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
        McNamara was 7 of 15 for 44 yards. 33 of those yards came on one play. He was really really bad. He was Nick Sheridan bad. The passing game, as a whole, was 2008 RichRod bad.
        Thankfully, McCarthy isn't Steven Threet. And pasting Washington by 3 TDs isn't as pathetic as losing to Toledo. If this is the REAL McNamara that shows up in conference play, they'll find a clipboard for him to hold until the transfer portal opens up.

Comment

• Harbaugh said after the game that the original game plan was not to go after U-W with the passing game, because their corners and safety were very good. He said they felt they could run effectively, and that's what they prepared for. He said the running game was much better than he expected, so he pretty much took the air out of the ball and ran it. McNamara wasn't required to pass to win the game.

I also noticed that Michigan was shortening the game by taking nearly all of the 40 second clock before snapping. They were below 5 seconds many times at the snap. I think this was deliberate as well, so as to cut down on the number of posessions that Washington could get. It was obvious to me that Michigan's Db's, with the exception of Hill, are ripe to be plucked. Future opponents will note that.

I don't expect much resistance from the next round of Huskies. Rutgers will be well prepared so that will be somewhat of a test. The real fun comes in 3 weeks in Madison.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
            McNamara was 7 of 15 for 44 yards. 33 of those yards came on one play. He was really really bad. He was Nick Sheridan bad. The passing game, as a whole, was 2008 RichRod bad.
            I like Jon's take on your post. I hate you for being right more often than wrong😁

There's a shit ton of detail to how a passing play works or doesn't work. I prefer this to blanket statements McNamarra was "really bad." I think a detailed look at his performance and that of the WR group as a whole makes for a more robust description of his performance:

​​​​​​https://mgoblog.com/diaries/passing-game-vs-washington
            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• I just found this on the Michigan Marching Band site. These kids put on an amazing show. Its a good thing I wasn't there in person, because there were several moments during the show where I would have been blubbering like a big baby.

Great job!

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I saw it live and I blubbered. Best production I've seen from M band. Ever. Very moving.
                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Working...
                X