No announcement yet.

Another Harbaugh Choke Postgame Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are pretty solid reasons why Sparty needs to lose- as often as possible, and by as much as possible.

Regarding Valenti, as pathetic as he is in his claims to keep his bias out of being objective, he is consistent and is correct that Harbaugh really needs to win this one. His teams have yet to play up to their potential in this series, and this is the best showcase yet to do so.

And yeah, it would be kind of funny to hear that Valenti's house got egged on Devil's Night by a bunch of Michigan fans.

Comment

On hating State ....... a lot of that derives for me from Dantonio, Narduzi and Izzo and their disrespectful clown acts. Mel Tucker seems like a decent guy and a pretty darn good HC. What's a troubling condition on college campuses is what's born of the toxic characteristics of the times that kids are growing up in in HS. It takes some pretty high level parenting skills to keep kids focused on school, doing well and moving ahead to become productive members of society and good citizens. Kids that don't get that and nevertheless matriculate from HS and get accepted in college become terrors on their own within a college campus setting. That picture above is a singular example. There are hundreds of kids on college campuses who are irresponsible, exercise poor judgement and make terrible choices when it comes to behavior. I'm just glad I'm not raising kids right now and I'm unlikely to attend any more of M's away games becasue, frankly, that can be a risky undertaking when what seems like harmless taunting become violence when alcohol is involved.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
        I'm unlikely to attend any more of M's away games because, frankly, that can be a risky undertaking when what seems like harmless taunting become violence when alcohol is involved.
        It depends which away game for me. We are planning a trip to Iowa for the game next year. That's a trip I've wanted to make for a long time and I've heard a lot of positive reviews about their fans, etc. I will not go to the Shoe again but at least that can be crossed off the list. I really want to get a Nebraska trip in and I'd like to go to Happy Valley as well, although I'm sure that is on the less hospitable end of the spectrum.

I went to the last couple games in EL (both wins) but turned down the opportunity this year. Despite the magnitude of this year's game, it is that exact reason I'm glad I won't be there. Too many fired up assholes in one place. People who are disappointed it's not a prime time game obviously have no intention of going in person. That game should never be played at night in EL. Ann Arbor maybe but a game of this magnitude with the heated rivalry aspect thrown in would be an absolute disaster if you had a stadium full of hot head dipshits who've been drinking for 10 hours. I hope Michigan - OSU is never a night game either. Not that plan on attending that shitshow in Ann Arbor, Columbus, or the fucking moon.

Comment

I attended one M v MSU game at EL, and I'll not do it again. I've told my story about how I was separated from my group, and ended up walking by myself. I was spotted by some of MSU's "finest" students on the way back, and they got up in my face (I was wearing Michigan garb) with all kinds of insults, trying to provoke me to do something. Fortunately I found my group again, and they decided to leave me alone. Never again. I've attended dozens of games at Michigan Stadium, and I've never, ever treated opposing fans that way. Ever. Never would.

As Mike said, I'd also like to take in Lincoln sometime, as well as Iowa City. About the only way I'd consider a OSU game would be if I went with Paul S., and they weren't playing Michigan. Paul said he'd steer me away from the debauchery and stupidity. I once thought I'd like to go to Minnesota, but since they've decided to forego law enforcement there, I'm not likely to go there. I've been to Purdue, Indiana and NW, and they are sane enough. I might go with a group to HV, but never by myself. Rutgers and Maryland are too far, and too East. I lived in NYC for 3 years when I was in the USCG, and that's enough of the east coast for me.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

I remember that MSU game because we were in the same group! I also had to walk across campus alone... after an OT Sparty win. Not fun. That reminds me, I hate that POS stadium. Takes forever getting up and down from the upper deck. People like to make fun of Michigan's "hole in the ground" but it is a fantastically efficient way to get 100,000 people in and out of a stadium.

Comment

Yeah, we were with Doug's group, and I ended up walking (I believe) toward the West when I should have walked North. I ended up wandering into a dormitory area filled with students. Thats where I got spotted, and subsequently harrassed. I don't know what they expected a 60-something fat guy to do, but they had fun messing with me. I managed to find Doug's group just before he got back to his setup. I was never so glad to see the big guy .. :-)

Never again, though. Nope.

Comment

That reminds me, I hate that POS stadium. Takes forever getting up and down from the upper deck. People like to make fun of Michigan's "hole in the ground" but it is a fantastically efficient way to get 100,000 people in and out of a stadium.
                You're right about that. Its a joke for a Big Ten stadium. Even Ryan Field is better. Spartan Stadium looks like it started out as a mid-size high school stadium that they just kept adding seats to. Its a piece of junk. Michigan Stadium isn't the best stadium in the world, but its laid out a whole lot better, and you can get to your 18" seat fairly easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  ...It depends which away game for me. We are planning a trip to Iowa for the game next year...
                  Great venue. Taken in 5 games at Kinnick Stadium (3 UM, 1 Wisky, 1 Minihaha), all dressed in full UM regalia. Never had a better experience as an opposing fan. Walking to the stadium, the wife and I got more invites to join tailgates than we got hisses and boo's. Very classy fans.

Bring earplugs though. It is LOUD. Each game we were surrounded by 4 Bullhorn Berthas and 5 BigMouth Billies. Iowa gets stuffed on 3 and long and they all scream "LETS GO HAWKS" at 200 decibels. Check that - every play is like that. But it's part of the Hawkeye experience.
                  I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

Looking forward to it!

Comment

All of you are welcome to come to Lincoln...Wiz will roll out the red carpet for ya...

...well except DSL and Talent. I'll kill them. But the rest of you...all the frozen wings and warm beer you can drink!!!
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Wait, I’m not on the kill list with DSL and Talent?
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                          Wait, I’m not on the kill list with DSL and Talent?
                          Demonstrates your lack of good character. Wiz thinks you're worth keeping around for his ThunderDome of Debauchery

Comment

If I come will I have to watch Nebraska play football?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              If I come will I have to watch Nebraska play football?
                              If the wings and warm Genessee Light don't kill you...

Comment

And to clarify, Wiz serves canned Genny Light out of Dixie Cups he finds in the dumpster behind a dental supplies warehouse in Omaha (his weekly trip to the "big city")

Comment

Working...
                                X