Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McDonald's a huge loss, completely changed the defensive approach and put players in situations they could handle. The secondary went from a massive liability to a strength in an off-season with the same players. The d-line deserves an assist as does the B1G having pretty weak OL's/QB's but they played mostly the same teams in '20 too where they gave up 34 a game.

They'll need a good hire at DC to replace him.

Comment

• Comment

• Whatever happened to "God willing and the creek don't rise."?
        I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• I didn't realize HARBAUGH!!! really wanted out. Fortunately for M fans, he's so damn weird and off-putting that I still find it unlikely an NFL team will go all-in for him.

Fortunately, he'll in Columbus on November 26, 2022.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I'm about 50/50 surprised/not surprised at the Vikings interview. All indications until now were that Harbaugh was preparing for 2022 and beyond at Michigan. He's been making recruiting trips and hiring coaches. Today, he's actually spoken with an NFL team about its HC position. I guess that could mean that things are not going well with negotiations at M. Maybe they're balking at the competitive/NIL issues. That's the part that doesn't surprise me, if true.

My biggest disappointment so far this off season is the loss of McDonald. He has a bright future as a DC and someday as a HC. Michigan really needed to keep him.

Oh well, Brady Hoke is rested, restored, and ready. I'm sure he'll walk to Ann Arbor for another chance. That's the kind of replacement that Michigan will be looking for.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Harbaugh is replaceable. But as we found out with Lloyd, he's probably better than given credit for; and M could do way worse.

Harbaugh wins (almost) 10 games a season but usually loses to Ohio State and bowl games. M would need a good hire to replace him to sustain his standard.

Comment

• M has definitely proven they can do waaaay worse.

Comment

• To me it seems like the Vikes are less likely to give the Gruden contract than the Raiders would. I would hope for Michigan's sake they already have a short list of candidates they would contact. You don't cut the coaches salary in half and have a contingency plan in place in the event an NFL team gives Coach Jim the car keys.

Comment

• You don't cut the coaches salary in half and (not I think you meant) have a contingency plan in place in the event an NFL team gives Coach Jim the car keys.
                    You greatly over-estimate how competent M's administrative arm of the U can be. If Harbaugh leaves, and my needle has moved to 60/40 he leaves, M will shit the bed in any coaching search at this point in the approach to spring camp.

An appropriate move for Ward Manuel to make is to recommend to whoever the hell will have input on M head football coach is to make Gattis interim and keep as much of the coaching staff in place as possible. That move is the best of a bunch of really shitty alternatives and may also stop the 2022/23 recruiting classes from imploding ..... and I have no doubt they will to some extent.

This kind of predicament is all on M. Their hemming and hawing on numerous fronts in this matter is typical and produces predictable outcomes.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Having a short list of 5 guys to go to in case of emergency is like the bare minimum of competency.

Comment

• Now that’s it’s fairly obvious that HARBAUGH!!! wants to leave, I’d expect Miami to be a huge player.

Comment

• There were almost certainly at least 5 viable candidates a month ago. Now? Anybody worthwhile has pretty much found a safe and secure place.

I’m still of the belief that Harbaugh isn’t going anywhere and that NFL talk is just idle chatter. But that’s based, in part, on the assumption that NFL GMs will recognize that he’s just not that well suited to head back to the pros. Maybe that’s giving them too much credit.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            Now that’s it’s fairly obvious that HARBAUGH!!! wants to leave, I’d expect Miami to be a huge player.
                            Right ...... and this sort of makes your point about that he wants to leave: From NFL.com this am.

The Vikings requested and received permission from Michigan to speak with Harbaugh -- standard process for NFL teams -- and had an exploratory conversation with him Saturday afternoon to gauge his interest, sources say. Nothing further is scheduled, but Harbaugh remains a candidate for the job and it wouldn't be surprising if the Vikings bring him to the facility this week.

People that I'm reading on Harbaugh say, there is nothing wrong or unethical with a him looking for what he wants, under the conditions he wants. Happens everywhere in the professional world. Acknowledge that and fan angst over this reduces.... or at least it should. Speculation is rampant. I'm interested in the outcome of Jim's shopping spree but I'm not wedded to it.

Ross is definitely an interested party. He has a couple of options: offer the Miami HC job to Jim or pay the Vikings/whoever more money than they are willing to pay him to coach in the NFL to stay at Michigan. Both of those options may be in play.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• If the Wolverines are willing.to fork over 8-10 million a year, there are a lot of head coaches they could poach.

Comment

• Harbaugh won't go to Miami unless he absolutely, 100% wants to leave Michigan. Steve Ross has already said he will not be the guy that 'takes' Harbaugh from Michigan. But, if Harbaugh feels that its time to go, and there is no sense in staying in Ann Arbor, then I think Ross becomes a serious player.

Harbaugh/Cousins as a HC/QB combo. LOL That would have some entertainment value.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X