This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post
    It's a good venue- not like those shitholes in East Lansing, West Lafayette or Evanston.
    Those might be the 3 worst venues I've ever been to in my life. Just depressing to even look at.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

Those might be the 3 worst venues I've ever been to in my life. Just depressing to even look at.
      The worst has to be Spartan Stadium. It looks like a marginal HS stadium that they kept adding to. For me the next to worst was Indiana's stadium, just because of the location. Purdue is not a whole lot better than Spartan stadium. I don't mind Ryan Field in Evanston, because when Michigan plays there its almost like Michigan Stadium West. Michigan fans ALWAYS outnumber NW's.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I'm still considering coming to AA for the UNL-M game liney...but only if you buy the beer...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Mike - The walk to Kinnick Stadium will surprise you. Been to 5 games there (2 vs UM), each time dressed in full UM regalia. The whole walk we were greeted, saluted, and invited to tailgate. Many face painted Hawkeyes claimed M was their 2nd favorite team. No overly intense catcalls, spitting, or coins thrown like at Madison. Just a pleasant experience all around.

Bring your earplugs though. It is the loudest stadium you will experience. Their fans scream and holler like they've scored the game winning TD after EVERY FRICKIN' play. The last game we went to, we had a woman my wife dubbed 'Bullhorn Bertha' sitting next to us. She looked to be a hundred with a voice of equally numbered decibels. JFC, she must have taken lessons to be able to drown out aircraft with that mouth. Just sayin', be prepared.
          Last edited by Obi-Jon; June 24, 2022, 06:31 AM.
          I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Iowa fans that come to Michigan are the same way. Generally respectful and friendly. They just come to watch their team, and enjoy the day.

Comment

• Here's a shot from the 2002 Spring Game. Liney and myself are easy enough to pick out. Who are the others?

2002.jpg

Comment

• Here's a shot from a random 2007 tailgate. We have the long lost Jamie Hall in the center. Who's standing next to Tom? I can't think of his name for the life of me.

2007.jpg

Comment

• From 2015. Who's standing next to Mike? Not Doc and Nick - to his left..

2015.jpg

Comment

• Lastly, from 2013. The rarely photographed George W and Stan the Man.

2013.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Obi-Jon View Post
                      Here's a shot from the 2002 Spring Game. Liney and myself are easy enough to pick out. Who are the others?

2002.jpg
                      Top row: Jon, me, and original Borg charter members "Timmy" and Tim Prost. Haven't heard from either Tim in over 20 years.

Next row is my son Charlie, his friend Matt, I think the boy in the red hat is Paul S's oldest son, and then my son Matt.

Paul S was there, but not in the pic for some reason. (Maybe he took the pic?) I believe "Entropy" joined us later.

Both "Matts" in that pic are now M alumni. They were both in HS at this time.
                      Last edited by lineygoblue; July 3, 2022, 02:16 AM.

Comment

• No, no. It'll do here. Maybe even try the SEC thread next time.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• What is with the hideous maize and blue outfits?
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Has anyone heard from Doc Hodgman in a while? He was a nice guy

Comment

• Witness Protection Program.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Not since the last pre pandemic season in 2019. We tried to get him to come to a game but his son, who would have brought him there, didn't think he was up to it. Reportedly, still sharp as a tack but with mobility issues you'd expect in a person, I think he was, in his early 90s in 2019.
                                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X