X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not seconded
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I really hope that Georgia, TCU, and UM all win this weekend. It sets up a very winnable 2 vs 3 game for UM. The chaos scenario has a high probability of having to face Lincoln Riley or an SEC team in round 1.

Comment

• USC's defense is as un-scary (lit up by Pac 12 offenses) as their offense is scary, type of team you take the over...

Comment

• They are West Oklahoma.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Mike Valenti predicts Michigan will win the NC...

"They pulled OSU's undies up above their heads and hung them on the goalposts" 😂
            Last edited by Hannibal; November 28, 2022, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• Fuck him, I knew he would say that - he did it last year - didn't listen.

Comment

• I never listen to Valenti. His opinion means absolutely nothing.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Erick All is apparently coming back for year 5? That's huge.

Comment

• Where have you heard this? That would be amazing.

Comment

• mgoblog -- but I can't find confirmation outside of the message board there.

Comment

• Blake Corum did an interview with 247 yesterday evening where he said he has a "nagging" injury. He said, He'll "see if plays on Saturday" or not. So, what's he dealing with?

The consensus I'm reading is that he has a bone bruise to an area of the lateral femur that sticks out (the femoral condyle). You can feel it below your knee cap on the outside of your leg. Bones have similar properties to your skin. There are layers, three to be exact in bones. The outer layer is the periosteum - a bruise hear is often mild and heals quickly. Not likely what Corum is dealing with. The next two layers are the compact bone and spongy bone from outside to in.

A traumatic injury like Corum experienced when his femoral condyle was forcefully struck by a defender's helmet injured one or two of those inner layers of the bone. That type of injury causes blood to pool around the compact bone beneath the periosteum, called a subperiosteal hematoma. This leads to swelling around your bones, cartilage, ligaments, and tendons. If bleeding occurs in the center, softer part of your bone, it’s an intraosseous bone bruise. That's a significant injury to an athlete that can be and, in Corum's case, is limiting.

These things are a pain - literally and figuratively. Their debilitating nature can last from weeks to months. We all saw Corum's left leg all bandaged up last Saturday. He may have been wearing a compact sports brace under the wrap. These things have gotten versatile in recent years and can be worn without impeding an athletes use of the knee but, at the same time, are protective to further injury. Obviously the pain must be pretty intense as he tried to go and just couldn't. It's not an injury that gets worse if you play but, like high ankle sprains, it can take a long time before you can play football without limitations, in Corums case, push off and cutting.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• There's no sense in even dressing Corum on Saturday. He needs proper time to heal. The national semifinal is 30 days away.

Also, I'm surprised there aren't more of these types of injuries considering players these days don't have any knee pads. They're basically wearing shorts out there.

Comment

• Ripping English when he blitzes with PA, hitting deep routes, running JJ responsibly with ROs and letting Edwards and others do the dirty work behind great OL play is the pathway to a win. Leave Corum on the sidelines.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              There's no sense in even dressing Corum on Saturday. He needs proper time to heal. The national semifinal is 30 days away.

Also, I'm surprised there aren't more of these types of injuries considering players these days don't have any knee pads. They're basically wearing shorts out there.
                              How long have you been watching Michigan football again?

Comment

• Long enough that I know when to be confident and when not to be. I expected a blow out last year in Indy and Michigan delivered. Let's put it this way: I think we can all agree that Michigan is a deserving playoff team as of today. Worthy of the #2 ranking. What recent playoff teams would you be worried about beating Purdue on a neutral field?

Comment

Working...
                                X