Michigan 45, TCU 51 Post Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan 45, TCU 51 Post Game Thread

The marquee ESPN game will be UGA v. OSU in the Peach Bowl, Atlanta, GA at 8p. That puts M v. TCU at 4pm in the Fiesta, Glendale AZ.

At least I figured out where TCU is - Fort Worth Texas - a nice place. I don't know anything at all about TCU other than they lost to #10 Kansas State yesterday in their CCG and the Big XII throws it around a lot and doesn't play much defense. I did not see any of the game as this was one of those Saturdays where social priorities ruled the day.

I don't know if there's ways to compare M's win over pass happy Purdue that throws the ball a lot and M's potential for a win v. TCU. Yes, Purdue is unranked and plays in a weak league - weaker than the BIGXII? Probably not and, I'll bet Illinois, Iowa and maybe Minny or Wisconsin have better defenses than TCU. Out of that bunch, Purdue beat Illinois and Minnesota. Purdue played PSU as a cross over game and nearly won that game.

The point is that despite Purdue being almost exclusively a throw it around football team, M's D did it's usual thing to them allowing 3 FGs and a TD in the first half and a measly 2 FGs in the second. Purdue threw for a lot of yardage but couldn't punch it in when they actually were in the red zone, 2x inside the 10. TCU can run the ball, unlike Purdue and had 218 yards, half of that on Dugan's legs - so TCU's offense presents a considerably different threat to M's run defense than Purdue. They also have a more balanced offense than Purdue (passed for 259).

I'm not going with the predictions that M is going to roll TCU or are going to "fuck the fuck out of them." Duggan has to be dealt with and the threat of a running QB doing RO things is hard to negate. Red Zone play? TCU scores from the RZ 93.48% of the time, rank #8 nationally and just behind M at #7 (93.75). But, and this is interesting ........

TCU has had 50 RZ attempts, 35 TDs, 11 FGs and 4 RZ turnovers. M has had 64 RZ attempts, 43 TDs, 17 FGs and 4 TOs. M had trouble scoring TDs in the early going but has made up for it late. M's offense is hihgly efficinet based on tis measure. There are others that I'm sure will be explored over the next 3 weeks.
    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; December 4, 2022, 01:20 PM.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Edit: UGA picks first and wants to play in the Peach - well no shit. M goes to Glendale and the Fiesta Bowl.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Thanks Cap'n Obvious.
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

I was surprised to read that Michigan and TCU have never played

Comment

Obliteration. Total bye into the final against Georgia.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Physical mismatch. TCU has a little speed that might give M some problems but the LOS is going to be pwn'd by HARBAUGH!!!!!!!
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

You two are nutz. Look Wiz predicted Armageddon for Purdue. M struggled early v. Purdue without Corum and was getting stuffed in the run game on early downs for much of the game. Weiss and Moore did a nice job of getting Edwards and JJ going - nothing exotic just good coaching of M's OL correcting the little things on the complex run plays, including the RO, that characterize M football under JH. This wasn't "obliteration." You want details? No? then GTFO, ESAD.

It was, as it has been in most cases this season, slow strangulation. So if you want to say that M will slowly stangulate TCU and win in the second have and beat the spread, fine, go fo it. Otherwise you can both STFU. This is HARBAUGH!!!!!!'s playbook

Unfortunately, Wiz came damn close to picking the score puffing him up in the process but I had predicted 38-17 and until very late in the game the score was 36-19. Purdue kicked a FG at 5;06 remaining (a blown call by Brohm, BTW. Should have gone for it) to make the score 36-23 with M scoring at 1.22 to make it 43 23. This game was no cake walk. Sure to the casual observer, it looked like an obliteration but that take is foolish...... just like the takes that M will obliterate TCU.

Comment

At half I said M would prevail 45-20ish. They ended up 43-22.

STFU
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

I had 45-20 in my B10 predictions. Whatever.

TCU is straight dogshit. Probably as bad as Cincinnati in terms of worst teams ever in CFP
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Purdue would probably beat TCU. If TCU were in the B1G East they would be clearly #4. In the West they would be just another middlin team trying to win that fuckstorm.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

No, you are loathsome.

The word of the day is loathsome. The limited vocabulary of denigrating terms and their overuse by the minds of the several morons who post here and relentlessly post clutter is tiresome.

I do think AA and talent at least are creative and try ...... the dimwit that posts as THE_WIZARD, OTH needs to read more Shakespeare and consider an online course for improving vocabulary and writing skills.

Comment

JB... your wit ’is as thick as a Tewkesbury mustard...

Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Henry the IV, Falstaff: “his wit's as thick as Tewkesbury Mustard. That would be Ned Poins”

But good job. I looked it up...... and don't try to tell us here that came off the top of your head. You looked up a few good Shakespeare line and posted one here. Hah.​

Comment

False. I am a Shakespeare connaisseur. I would beat thee...but I would infect my hands...

Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Perfect scenario M could have asked for, still have to go and take care of business.

Comment

Working...
                              X