X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be shooting the game on Friday.

Comment

• Since there was only one post in the last year, I've unstuck this thread. If traffic returns, we can restick it.

Comment

• For a nice positive change in 2020, the hockey team looks good and is very fun to watch. A lot of talent- NHL level on the team and in particular with the freshman. The talent level should keep them competitive in every game.

Comment

• The hockey team is still doing well. They are taking some lumps and learning, but still pulling out wins and being competitive. They did get swept by ND last weekend, but the games were close and I consider those learning games - because ND plays the neutral zone trap a la the 90s era NJ Devils. The young guys need to learn how to effectively deal with that. Still a lot to like with the team.

Comment

• Yeah. The team is very young and skilled. We have 3 freshmen that were first round NHL draft picks last year and the puck movement and control is reminiscent of the team's during Red's heyday. Strauss Mann has been very solid in goal. After starting the season 4-0, they climbed to #3 in the rankings but then, as Paul said, got swept by ND 3-2 & 2-1 and are currently #7. They won 3-1 last night at PSU to improve to 5-2 on the season. Certainly a bright spot for Michigan athletics and worth watching.

I've noticed that with the NHL and NBA off their usual schedules, FSD is showing more college hockey. They were on ESPNU last night. I think sports channels are looking for content which is good for college hockey playing their season at the normal time. They also seem to be playing a lot of weekday games as opposed to the usual Friday-Saturday double-header.

Comment

• OK, so we turned a 4-3 lead into a 9-5 loss last night to, wait for it.... an 0-5 Penn State team.

Comment

• What did M do? Pull its goalie for the entire 3rd period?
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Gave up 5 in the 2nd. Mann allowed 6 goals on 19 shots after stopping 38 of 39 on Wednesday.

Comment

• #5 Michigan hosts #4 Minnesota tonight and tomorrow on BTN! Tonight is 8:30, tomorrow is at 6:00.

Comment

• The games against Minn were tough. They are now what UM hopes to be in a year or 2 - skilled and deep. It did not help that UM was missing 5 guys and their best offensive weapons to the world juniors. They have to take the lumps now and learn from them. Still hopeful for the remainder of the season.

Comment

• USA won the World Juniors this week with a 2-0 victory over Canada in the gold medal game. 5 Wolverines made the team but 2 of them were Covid’d.

Michigan returned to action last night against Sparty at Yost and Michigan curb stomped them 9-0! Good news on the hockey front at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          USA won the World Juniors this week with a 2-0 victory over Canada in the gold medal game. 5 Wolverines made the team but 2 of them were Covid’d.

Michigan returned to action last night against Sparty at Yost and Michigan curb stomped them 9-0! Good news on the hockey front at least.
                          Are Michigan's guys back with the team yet?
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Yes, they are. And of course we turn around and blow a late lead to lose 3-2 yesterday.

Comment

• Up and down year, I did love that hurting on Sparty though

Comment

• Michigan hockey returns to action today at 2:00 (BTN) against Wisconsin. Michigan only ended up missing 3 games, I'm thinking they had a bye week in there. Anyway, Wisconsin is surging and is 2nd in the Big Ten and #7 in the latest polls. Michigan dropped a spot to #8. Both games of the series are matinees at Yost. Michigan swept both games in Madison early in the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X