Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb16OUjuPnM"]YouTube - ‪AUSTIN HATCH COMMITS TO UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN BASKETBALL‬‏[/ame]

Comment

• I figured that if the Tigers can get "stuck" then the Hoops team deserves the same treatment.

Comment

• Yes, agree. Especially with our '13 PG TBD.

Comment

• I'm not sure how but Austin Hatch lost his mom, brother and sister in 2003.

Having lost a parent at a young age, I can somewhat imagine how rough must be for him but it may also explain why he sounds so mature.

Comment

• Terrible news

Recent Michigan basketball pledge Austin Hatch, a class of 2013 standout out of Fort Wayne (Ind.), was in critical condition Saturday morning following a small plane crash in Northern Michigan. Hatch's father, Steven, and Steven's wife Kim were reportedly killed in the accident.
            Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Wow. Just awful news here. Austin Hatch's family is once again involved in a plane crash. This time, his father and step-mother were killed and he is in critical condition. My heart goes out to him. No kid should have to deal with such tragedy.

Comment

• Via twitter:

The_MDA Mr. Anderson
                Update on Austin Hatch: 2 punctured lungs, fractured skull but no brain bleeding, is in an induced coma. #PrayForAustinHatch
                13 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Comment

• Probably broken ribs too which caused the punctures to his lungs.

Comment

• Wow. That's horrible
                    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Just heartbreaking irony too to see where the plane crashed:

I took away the big photo and just linked it. It's not graphic but it still is a mangled plane and kind of made me sick to look at a enlarged version of the photo. UM hoops has the photo posted smaller. The plane came to a stop almost directly under a basketball hoop.
                      Last edited by *JD*; June 25, 2011, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• That is just horrible.

Comment

• How awful.......damn.

Comment

• Kid has now lost his mother, father, sister, brother and step-mother in plane crashes. That is just more horrible than I can imagine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamie H View Post
                              Kid has now lost his mother, father, sister, brother and step-mother in plane crashes. That is just more horrible than I can imagine.
                              And, he survived both crashes. Talk about survivor's guilt. Poor kid.

My brother is in the process of getting his pilot's license, and I realize that flying is statistically safer than driving, but stories like this make me wish he didn't love doing it so much.
                              What's the difference between an OSU grad and a park bench? A park bench can support a family of four.

Comment

Working...
                              X