This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jamie H View Post
    I'd be way more excited about 2011-12 if we still had Morris. I think we are going to severly miss him.
    Yes I think it doesn't need to be said that losing the best passer in the B10 is going to effect us negatively.
    2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamie H View Post
      I'd be way more excited about 2011-12 if we still had Morris. I think we are going to severly miss him.
      While he's a Freshman, I have a fair bit of faith in Trey Burke. I would've rather seen him be a back-up but he looks very skilled and has a work ethic like Morris.

I think we wind up having around the same record as last year. We'll still have a shot at making the Sweet 16.

Comment

• Darius Morris will be missed greatly unless Trey Burke is a lot more B10 ready than I fear. There is more experience/talent emerging around Burke than their was for Morris so that'll help offset his loss but Morris made those around him a lot better with his passing.

I'll be impressed if they make the tourney next season; the B10 looks quite a bit weaker so that will help the w/l record.

Comment

• Originally posted by lions&tigers&wings...yea View Post
          Yes I think it doesn't need to be said that losing the best passer in the B10 is going to effect us negatively.
          Morris was IMO the best point guard we'd had in 20 years, and maybe more. And he was going to be even better this year.

I hate the NBA system and how it has gutted college basketball.

Comment

• I agree about Morris. I do wish he'd stayed and if the lockout kills the season, he might as well have stayed but that ship has sailed.

I still am really excited about Burke. I think he can be at least as helpful as that apple-cheeked gomer residing down in stinktown, Craft.

Comment

• It's just so hard to be a college bball fan anymore. Anytime your team gets good players, they immediately go pro.

Can you imagine guys like Gary Grant, Glen Rice, Terry Mills, etc. sticking around for 4 years any more? Forget about it. Heck, Tarpley would have been gone right away too.

Comment

• Yup, if your a fan of a major basketball program, often times your rooting for a player who will only be at your college for a couple years, if that. Its difficult to get attached to a teams better players.

Comment

• LOL, gomer is the perfect word for him. He's remarkably annoying.

Comment

• Too many kids leave early and have nonexistent careers when they should have stuck around.

Comment

• I still think Darius landed on a great team for him but he really would benefit from a summer league.

That said, I heard the lakes are letting Shannon Brown go so I think Morris will at least get his minutes and could take some of Steve Blake's as well. I could easily see him getting 15 minutes a game for the lakes if there's a season.

Comment

• Pro basketball has just about killed CBB. I worry it is only a matter of time before the same thing happens to CFB. Money runs everything in sports and it is getting worse. Same thing is happening in our government.

Sigh!

Comment

• CFB is still sort of safe at the moment, since players need a lot of development out of high school. Other than maybe wide receivers and running backs.

Comment

• CFB will be fine as long as the NFL keeps their minimum 3-years out of High School rule.

Comment

• There is a ton of development both physically and mentally to be ready to play in the NFL as opposed to the NBA. You can get to the NBA after a year in college by being a freak of an athlete with minimal skills...

That said, a 'minor league' system (which the NFL doesn't want, less costs) could certainly cut into the quality of college football talent. I'm mildly disappointed the XFL or whatever didn't work out, it was poorly implemented and marketed and the man behind it had too high of initial expectations.

Comment

• How could anyone be disappointed that the XFL didn't succeed, outside of the fools who invested in it?

Comment

Working...
                                X