X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fear the fro
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Michigan's put out a couple of offers recently; one to 2017 SF Kris Wilkes (#12 composite) and to 2018 SF Brandon Johns (#76).

Comment

• Also Robby Carmody, #48 in '18, I read about this morning. Also potentially the transfer of Charles Matthews from UK, who looks to me like an iffy shooter and bad finisher, but a jumper and defender.

I'm excited to see what the new look's gonna be all about. Despite all my criticism and frustration with Beilein, it's clear that he sees it too and isn't stupid. He knows what the problems are and have been, and he's gone out and made an attempt to address them. Worries about big-man depth for this upcoming year, and they're going to be lighter on talent than any year since '12, so it's not going to be a big-expectations year. But it would be fantastic to see them establish a baseline of competence on defense and pull a top recruit like Wilkes. Could get back in the game in a hurry if this all works according to plan. Could be problems if Beilein's don't-foul-on-D approach limits what Donlon can do on that end.

Either way, just like in football, Michigan shot itself in the foot and MSU was there to reap the rewards. Langford, in this case. MSU could be hellacious next few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
          Also Robby Carmody, #48 in '18, I read about this morning.
          He's a target but I don't think he;s been offered yet. umhoops has nothing about it and his only tweets about offers since yesterday are from NW and Stanford. Also, 247 has him at #104 in their composite.

Comment

• MSU could be hellacious next few years.
            Maybe one or two years.

The NBA will take care of that.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
              He's a target but I don't think he;s been offered yet. umhoops has nothing about it and his only tweets about offers since yesterday are from NW and Stanford. Also, 247 has him at #104 in their composite.
              Carmody hasn't done the full academic tour yet, but will when he visits in a couple weeks and will be offered then.

Comment

• Kentucky wing transferring to Michigan.

Is the guy any good?

Comment

• He can be. He'll immediately be our best athlete and defender when he becomes eligible. If he can develop a consistent jumper over the next 16 months, he could be really good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                    Kentucky wing transferring to Michigan.

Is the guy any good?
                    Rated a composite #59 as a H.S. Senior but didn't do much last year at UK. Still, super athletic and defensive-minded. With a year to prepare him for JB's system, I think this is a good get. I expect him to be somewhere on the GR3-level.

Comment

• [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA3eFGz654s"]Charles Matthews Ready to Make Impact at Kentucky! Official Senior Mixtape - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• I'll take the Kentucky cast offs any day
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I'm just delighted to hear the words ``athletic defender''. Brian I thought had a good take: Beilein's supposedly great at coaching up kids in just the area this kid needs, and he'll have plenty of time in the system to work at it.

Sounds good.

Comment

• ^

re: athletic defender!

He's similar in talent & athletic ability to GR3, which is very much a compliment. Slightly different game. He's going to improve the team defense and athletic ability which was one of the biggest worries after next season. Unfortunately it's a worry this season too, LeVert wasn't a great defender but he was critical to the team's defense and it took a huge step back when he was injured the past season plus as who replaced him were sieves to most wings who could score.

Comment

• This season seems like it'll be a transition year. Least amount of talent since the '13 infusion, and players learning to play a new way. Possble or likely that Beilein and Donlon need some trial/error to figure out how to boost defense on the agenda without making offense suffer too much.

Comment

• Michigan offers 2017 G Brad Davison. He's regarded as a very good shooter. 247 has him ranked #89 but there's no composite. Other schools of note that have offered him are Wisconsin, Stanford, NC State, GA Tech, NW, and Nebraska.

Comment

Working...
                                X