Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Springer chatter is suddenly more positive today. Longer he goes without announcing for Tennessee the better, obv. Speculation that he likes us, but everyone around him likes Tennessee. Dunno myself. Nor do I have a feel for who amongst Springer, Burnett and Christopher really stands out. I hate watching highlights of five-star kids Michigan normally never gets.

Comment

• Comment

• Yeeeesssssss!
        AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Big time recruit. Let's get some more!

Comment

• Here are Isaiah Todd's EYBL Highlights.Make sure to follow HoopDiamonds on all our social platforms!Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/hoopdiamondsTwitter: ...

Highlights

Comment

• Two and out? Or one and done?

Comment

• I don't know how 247 works their points out but the recruit-ranking average for Michigan is now 4th best in the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                  Two and out? Or one and done?
                  I think anyone ranked in the top 25 considers themselves a 1 and done. Todd is ranked as high as #7 (ESPN) so he's certainly in that mix.
                  Plus, there's still a small chance Todd goes to play overseas this season. It sounds like he's leaning towards staying in college but I wouldn't expect him to be suiting up in Maize and Blue for the Fall of 2021.

Comment

• Where does he fit in next year? Will he get the minutes to go one-and-done?
                    Last edited by Hannibal; October 17, 2019, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• He'll play a ton and tough to not see him starting. His athleticism and size give him a high floor even as a true freshman.

Comment

• Depends on if Johns locks down the 4 spot, or even transfers out. Todd may have to force his way into the lineup. Of course as a heavy-use bench player he could still be a one-and-done anyways. It would be insane if he fit at 3, but Wagner is prototype there -- unless he's a one-and-done, which seems less likely given how much he talks about the overall experience. The key with the '2020 team is who is going to dominate the ball in the first year post-Zavier Simpson. Makes me think that off the three combo guards, Burnett might be the best fit if you can play Todd at 3. You'd have Castleton, Johns, Todd and Wagner. Haven't even talked about Bajema.

Wonderful problem to have. But of course it also means Juwan's gotta be out there recruiting the next one after him, and there will be transfers. But holy fuck I'm excited about the possibilities here. We are going to be sending out some fucking dudes in that Michigan uniform the next few years. I want to see Juwan also looking around for the 2-3-year system guys.
                        Last edited by hack; October 18, 2019, 07:51 AM.

Comment

• Looks like this MFer can recruit.

I agree we do need some system guys too. Unless Juwan can recruit like Kentucky, which I'm not counting on.

Comment

• Nor is it all that effective. Teams are winning with mostly sophmores and juniors leading the way. It's less common for one-and-done-led teams to take it all, and even those usually have a senior leader.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                              Looks like this MFer can recruit.

I agree we do need some system guys too. Unless Juwan can recruit like Kentucky, which I'm not counting on.
                              I'd expect Jace Howard to be one of those guys in this year's class, Bajema is probably one from the '19 class, and everyone that returned (provided they don't transfer or blow up) from the '18 class. It's better to have at least 2 guys from each class that project as good-to-very-good college players, like a MAAR, but if top-20 talent really wants to come, you roll the dice.

Comment

• Jace is a low three-star. Maybe Juwan can be like Beilein and coach up MAAR-level recruits like that all the time, but maybe not. I'm talking about guys like Bajema exactly, or Zavier Simpson, or Livers, who was IIRC a top-100 recruit. Guys in that 40-70 range. You often get as much out of them as juniors as you do out of a very talented one-and-done frosh, especially off the ball where they can play a supporting role, show the NBA enough to bet on potential, and then move on.

Comment

Working...
                                X