Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't agree at all that Beilein doesn't get great effort from his kids. I've seen his teams play hard too many times to buy that. But there have been some unfortunate early defections-- Manny Harris, Darius Morris, and now Evan Smotrycz-- and it might be fair to ask why Beilein and his staff have trouble convincing developing players that it's in their best interest to stay. If Trey Burke leaves early to be a second-round draft pick, I imagine Beilein's going to be asked that question more than once.

Comment

• I'm old enough to remember Ricky Green coming from a JC to UM to play with Phil Hubbard. Why is there no consideration of JC point guards?

Trey Burke was an unknown quantity at the start of the year, and we were lamenting Morris' decision. I believe that a substantial amount of the "development" of Burke was simply because he knew he was "the man" and he played up to that expectation. Shabazz Muhammad has yet to declaire. Tell him he is a point guard and give it a shot.

Comment

• He did basically have 25% of his team transfer. That's a pretty big deal I would think. If Burke leaves that will be half the team turned over in one year. That seems problematic to building continuity.
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
          " but I don't think he inspires his players to play all out for him and so they don't feel the kind of allegiance that might make a Harrison Barnes, Henson, Sully, or that caliber of player come back for another year."

What does this even mean? How would you come to a conclusion like this?
          Those guys probably all would've gone to the NBA if there hadn't been a lockout looming.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
            He did basically have 25% of his team transfer. That's a pretty big deal I would think. If Burke leaves that will be half the team turned over in one year. That seems problematic to building continuity.
            I'm pretty sure he's had 2 other transfers over the other 4 years. Of the whole Bunch, Udoh was the only one that took something away (shot-blocking) that was irreplaceable.

Comment

• well I hope all of you are right, and I freely admit to possibly be over-reacting. As I said, that's just the vibe I get yet.

Also, I probably shouldn't have implied that his players don't play hard ... I just don't see the adoration for their coach pouring out from our players like we see for some other coaches.
              Last edited by Pasadena Blue; March 24, 2012, 01:15 AM.

Comment

• Udoh was 'bought' away from M.

Comment

• Beilien has lost Morris, Harris, Brundidge, Smot, and Christian since 2010. If he loses Burke, then that would make six players in three years, which is absolutely staggering for a basketball program. Harris left and went undrafted, and Morris left with a looming lockout. Smotrycz left even though he's a good fit for Beilien's system.
                  Last edited by Hannibal; March 24, 2012, 08:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                    Udoh was 'bought' away from M.
                    Yeah, what is the deal w/ Baylor? It is odd to see these schools like Baylor magically become Kentucky lite on the recruiting trail. Are there rumours out there they are cheatin' to the top?
                    The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• There are all kinds of rumors that Baylor basketball is dirty.

Comment

• Couple that with the fact that one of their players was involved in a murder and the coach lied about it and attempted to cover it up....only to see Baylor rise from the ashes in very quick fashion.

Plenty to support those rumors, I would say.

Comment

• Baylor apparently has a couple wealthy boosters who likes to make friends with basketball recruits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                            Beilien has lost Morris, Harris, Brundidge, Smot, and Christian since 2010. If he loses Burke, then that would make six players in three years, which is absolutely staggering for a basketball program. Harris left and went undrafted, and Morris left with a looming lockout. Smotrycz left even though he's a good fit for Beilien's system.
                            So, he's lost two starters to the NBA (at least on a part-time basis), one rotation bench player and 2 guys that weren't playing more than 1 minute a game.

I beleive Izzo lost 3 (non-graduated) players from last year's team.

Calipari loses 3 to 4 players every year.

I think you're looking at something to get upset about just for upset's sake.

Is anyone freaking out about all of the player's Coach Hoke has lost?

Comment

• You mean Rich Rod Rejects?
                              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• "I think you're looking at something to get upset about just for upset's sake."

You finally figured out Hannibal?

Comment

Working...
                                X