• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
    First world problems.
    Feels good!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
      I can't imagine Nunez staying. If Brooks can earn his degree before next year, maybe he leaves too for playing time? Castleton doesn't appear to have much potential for minutes and Bajema already isn't getting any for some reason. Lots of transfer candidates on the roster. Hopefully, we'll keep everyone that we need.
      I don't really see Nunez staying either but I guess there's always the chance that he loves the school, likes his teammates, and would rather be a part of a championship squad (and get a Michigan degree) as opposed to being a rotation guy at a MAC-level school.

By the way, I don't think this has been mentioned but Brandon Wade joined the team and will be a preferred walk-on next season. He's a PG who graduated from Skyline, was all-state, and played at Duquesne his Freshman year. With such a packed roster, I doubt he'll get much run but I would've thought the same about CJ Lee, David Merritt, and Andrew Dakich. I think he's a good emergency guy to have around and, at the very least, a good practice player.

I went to HS with his dad Keith, who was a star at Pioneer and a 4-year starter for Toledo back in the day. I didn't really know him well back then but hung out with him some when I was back in A2 in 2010-11, due to a mutual friend. Anyway, I've got a little rooting interest in Brandon.

Comment

• Nunez = the next Ibi Watson.
        He gone.

Speaking of Ibi Watson. He is a decent role player on Dayton right now. Dayton is in line to get a 2 seed.
        Makes paying attention to Dayton more interesting come tourney time.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
          Nunez = the next Ibi Watson.
          He gone.

Speaking of Ibi Watson. He is a decent role player on Dayton right now. Dayton is in line to get a 2 seed.
          Makes paying attention to Dayton more interesting come tourney time.
          Watson is far more athletic than Nunez but I get what you're saying.

Comment

• No issues with scholarships anymore! And 2021 is wide open for a big class.

Comment

• It's declaration day for Josh Christopher- let's hope those Crystal Balls are right!

Comment

• ASU for JC.

Comment

• Crystal ball must have been cracked. The revenge of Bill Frieder lives ...
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Last edited by Kstat; April 14, 2020, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• I wouldn't toss in the towel on Howard yet. He had a mixed bag of a season this year using Beilein's kids, and he has no control over those who decide to go hoop it up in the NBA. Some think they're ready when they're really not. (see Iggy) ..

The kids who are committed are not too bad. I don't see a NC in their immediate future, but they'll be in the top five of the Big Ten. Its hard to win NC's when so many kids bail out early for the NBA, but it could happen.

I think we're going to be in a wait-and-see mode with Howard for at least a couple more seasons.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• No Todd either. Lol. Decommitted and is heading overseas. Unreal.

2 five star recruits lost within the past 12 hours.
                        AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• And Isaiah Todd is now signing with an agent and pursuing pro opportunities. Rough last 12 hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                            I wouldn't toss in the towel on Howard yet. He had a mixed bag of a season this year using Beilein's kids, and he has no control over those who decide to go hoop it up in the NBA. Some think they're ready when they're really not. (see Iggy) ..

The kids who are committed are not too bad. I don't see a NC in their immediate future, but they'll be in the top five of the Big Ten. Its hard to win NC's when so many kids bail out early for the NBA, but it could happen.

I think we're going to be in a wait-and-see mode with Howard for at least a couple more seasons.
                            Yep. He still has 3 commits in the top-85, with one in the top 40. Pretty much the better end of Beilein's recruiting, save 2013. Not a home run but still very solid for starting in the summer.

There's also a small chance they get Greg Brown, though Texas appears to be a near-lock.

Comment

• Beilein could actually coach on gamenight. His players consistently outperformed whatever their stupid star rating was.

Juwan isn't a good coach,at least not yet. He needs home runs. At this rate he's going to nosedive into the B1G basement and we'll see how his recruiting goes then...

He could be out of a job in a year.
                              Last edited by Kstat; April 14, 2020, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• "At least he can recruit" definitely took a hit in the last couple of days.

Comment

Working...
                                X