Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Both Caleb Houstan and Moussa Diabate have faxed in their signed LOI's today for Michigan Basketball. Both are considered 5 star athletes, and two of the highest rated players signed by Michigan in the last decade.

Both are probably one-and-done, but it will be fun watching them for the season they are here.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Michigan now has all 6 LOI's for its 2021 basketball recruiting class. The class is considered to be the top recruiting class in the country according to 24/7

From the article: "U-M's addition of five-stars Moussa Diabate and Caleb Houstan, four-stars Kobe Bufkin, Frankie Collins and Isaiah Barnes and three-star Will Tschetter give the Wolverines' foundational pieces for the program moving forward as well future recruiting momentum for head coach Juwan Howard."

Comment

• Michigan is one of only three (3) states that is not playing HS basketball right now. All of our neighbors are. Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, .. all are playing HS basketball. Michigan's HS basketball season is "tentatively" scheduled to allow practices beginning in early February with actual games by the 24th.

Michigan's HS basketball season usually begins in the 2nd week of December, and ends with the state tournament in March.

The MHSAA continues to hope that there will be a full basketball season, and all spring sports.

Comment

• Better safe than sorry.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• That "14 day pause" that Queen Gretch ordered the MDHHS to issue may not actually affect 14 days. It may be longer. According to Warde Manuel, once the order is lifted, the athletes will need to "transition" back into their sport. So, the basketball team(s) (mens and womens) will need to have a transition time which will allow them to get ready for competition. So, bottom line, more games may have to be postponed.

And there appears to be disagreement between Queen Gretch, the MDHHS and U-M Athletics about the current order. The MDHHS says that the 14 day shutdown was only a "recommendation", while U-M Athletics says they believe it was an "order". Its a fishy situation of course, considering that the "order/recommendation" didn't seem to affect MSU. They're playing.

And, Michigan is one of only three states in the ENTIRE COUNTRY that is NOT playing High School sports. Gretch refuses to budge on that front as well.

Comment

• Well as soon as the UK virus started popping up down in AA you know a stoppage was coming.
              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• At least we get to see Izzo calling a timeout down 15 with 42 seconds left. lol

Comment

• I saw that. I'm sitting there wondering, wtf? .. I thought he might be putting in subs, but nope. He's still "trying to win" with a 15 point deficit and 42 seconds left.

But then again, Izzo ...

Comment

• Speaking of Izzo, .. a third MSU player has entered the transfer portal since the end of the season. Thomas Kithier placed his name on the transfer list today, joining Rocket Watts and Jack Hoiberg as departures.

The decline of "Izzo" at MSU continues.

Comment

• I dunno. I'd rather Kithier getting minutes than the actually talented players on the roster.

I'd like to believe Izzo is declining, but I don't. This year, they took that mess of a roster and got a split against the best Michigan team since '13. He can still make chicken salad, and there's some nice young talent coming in next year, and I don't mean Bates.

Comment

• When you combine early departures with transfer portal entries, I see decline. And all the drama that took place during and after the UCLA game was not a good look for him or his players. He's 66 years old now, and this year was out recruited by Juwan Howard in a big way. And that win against Michigan was more about Michigan letting down, than it was MSU superiority.

3-5 years from now Izzo will be gone. Howard will just be hitting his stride. Say good night MSU basketball. And take football with you.

Comment

• I sure would like to believe it. On the one hand he's not that far removed from three Big Ten championships in a row outright or shared. On the other, it's going to take another Cassius Winston kind of four-year player to do it. I bet you in the next 5 years Howard is going to have a better program with more wins and banners, but Izzo is still going to be around. Overachieving, winning more games than he should against Michigan in particular, and probably sneaking into one more final four with the roster other coaches turn into an NIT bid.

Comment

• Michigan picked up a commitment on Saturday from Davante Jones, a SG from Coastal Carolina via the transfer portal. Jones fills the spot left by the departure of Mike Smith, who was also a transfer player. Jones was the Sun Belt player of the year last season, and has been one of the top players in the conference for the last three seasons.

Michigan is now one player over the limit for scholarships but they expect to lose at least one of Franz Wagner or Hunter Dickinson. Jones will also be testing the NBA waters to be evaluated, so its possible he may choose to go to the NBA instead.

Comment

• I think we’re fine on schollies because Brooks’ doesn’t count toward the cap (Covid year). But I still expect Wagner to leave.

Comment

• Yeah, that's pretty much how I see it. Wagner is gone, but Dickinson will stay. Returning Brooks and Dickinson should compliment the incoming freshmen very well. They'll be a fun team to watch again.

Comment

Working...
                                X