No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty good chance that the golden shower thing is a 4chan hoax. lmao...
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The birther in chief complaining about political witch hunts is rich.

Comment

• Kellyanne Conway complaining that someone other than Donald Trump is 'inciting dark emotions' in the public is rich.

Comment

• A fucking anti-vax jackass? That's almost as bad as a Anti public school creationist in charge of education.

Did people really vote for this shit?
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• lol
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• the anti-vax thing has spun out of control. Instead of addressing the concerns with vaccine quality, their response is to toss out good science.
              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Regarding trump... I certainly think it is plausible that trump was bragging in Russia and was secretly being taped and taken. No question I can see him walking into that...

Comment

• so.. what will be Obama's legacy in your mind? What will people talk about 20 yrs from now?

I initially thought Obamacare, but for all those who benefitted, an equal number were harmed (financially). I'm not sure if you add up all the + and - it equates to something great. Yes, I do acknowledge the R's made it difficult, but is his legacy that he started it? He tried?

Economy is better today, not in the Bill Clinton improved way, but better.. but I've often argued every president gets too much blame or credit for the economy (at least short term)

At the same time, I'm not sure he did anything damaging to the country during his presidency.. So he wasn't great, but wasn't bad either. Maybe it's too soon to tell/guess.

He is a great speaker. No question about that..
                  Last edited by entropy; January 10, 2017, 10:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                    the anti-vax thing has spun out of control. Instead of addressing the concerns with vaccine quality, their response is to toss out good science.
                    Even if mercury or tainted vaccines may be a problem, it's not nearly as significant as the 10% fatality rate from the Measles when you have inadequate treatment. People treat these diseases as a joke in modern times BECAUSE vaccines have largely removed them from public memory. The anti-Vax movement threatens to reverse all that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      Even if mercury or tainted vaccines may be a problem, it's not nearly as significant as the 10% fatality rate from the Measles when you have inadequate treatment. People treat these diseases as a joke in modern times BECAUSE vaccines have largely removed them from public memory. The anti-Vax movement threatens to reverse all that.

tainted vaccines are a problem when you are talking about my kids..

But I thought my point was clear.. address the problem, don't eliminate vaccines.

Comment

• If the pee story is indeed a 4chan hoax, it's the greatest thing ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                          If the pee story is indeed a 4chan hoax, it's the greatest thing ever.

my money would be on it's not a hoax...

yes.. disturbing

Comment

• The gist of the 4chan allegations:

Comment

• Well, what CNN said was:

The raw memos on which the synopsis is based were prepared by the former MI6 agent, who was posted in Russia in the 1990s and now runs a private intelligence gathering firm. His investigations related to Mr. Trump were initially funded by groups and donors supporting Republican opponents of Mr. Trump during the GOP primaries, multiple sources confirmed to CNN. Those sources also said that once Mr. Trump became the nominee, further investigation was funded by groups and donors supporting Hillary Clinton.

so these are allegations made by anonymous sources, themselves relying on anonymous sources, who were paid for opposition research. Well, that surely is clinching evidence if I ever saw it! Put that in the same file with "reports" of Bill jetting off to an island to have sex with children and Hillary being a closet lesbian.

If any of this were true, why didn't Hillary use it? It appears Harry Reid was willing to go with it.

As to any press conference relative to Trump's conflict of interest, he won't have that any more than he will release his tax returns. Once he is inaugurated, he, by law, cannot be charged with conflict of interest. (any more than George Washington could have been charged)
                              Last edited by Da Geezer; January 10, 2017, 10:46 PM.

Comment

• Well there's still the matter of the hotel lease and the emoluments clause, but there's also common sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X