No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is from an Israeli website. Basically, US intelligence agencies have supposedly warned the Mossad about sharing any information with the Trump admin that they wouldn't want Russia and Iran to also have.

Israeli intelligence officials fear that top-secret information that has been exposed to the United States will be leaked to Russia—and from Russia to its close ally, Iran.

Comment

• Hoss said:
      Interesting stuff Jeff, thanks.

Follow the money. Always.
      Agree totally. This forum is at its best when posters give actual examples from their areas of expertise.

Can someone explain to me why the federal government is allowed to negotiate prescription pricing with Big Pharma under Medicaid, but not under Medicare. What's the difference?
      Last edited by Da Geezer; January 12, 2017, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• The CIA is just going to have to play the role of the adult in this situation, and mend fences with Trump. People are going to die if the CE is ignoring his intel services, or worse, flat-out doesn't believe what they say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          This is from an Israeli website. Basically, US intelligence agencies have supposedly warned the Mossad about sharing any information with the Trump admin that they wouldn't want Russia and Iran to also have.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...906642,00.html

I don't know much about this source, but if our intelligence is going around and undermining the president,...... My initial reaction is that is not good. The president and the CIA have to be on the same team.
          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• what are people's thoughts on Booker breaking tradition and precedent in testifying against Sessions?

I'd expect the outcome will be a similar treatment for a future senate Dem.. Pubs won't hold back in the future after this, imo.

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/_0Hour1__/status/819397628542746624[/ame]

isn't it a crime for someone in the media to take pictures of federal document? Actually, not just media, but anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                what are people's thoughts on Booker breaking tradition and precedent in testifying against Sessions?

I'd expect the outcome will be a similar treatment for a future senate Dem.. Pubs won't hold back in the future after this, imo.
                He's working his way into the on-deck circle for 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                  https://twitter.com/_0Hour1__/status/819397628542746624

isn't it a crime for someone in the media to take pictures of federal document? Actually, not just media, but anyone?
                  Pretty much everything but breathing has been criminalized, so probably so.

Better question IMO is why is she standing there if not cleared for access to that information. Maybe crowd control is suffering, with simultaneous hearings.

Comment

• did you notice her lookouts?

Comment

• You always have to have lookouts.

Comment

• Re Booker, this is what you get. McConnell's been shitting on the ``club with norms'' approach to the Senate for quite a while now. If we're going to do away with civility, I support any effort to do so that has nothing to do with directly lining one's own pockets. Same with fake news -- if we who support climate change, vaccination, diversity or whatever else find those tactics too distasteful then we are only hurting our own cause. Time to use the tools available.

Comment

• FWIW, there's a thought out there that Trump's kid with Melania is autistic and that's why she will stay with him in New York. It will be interesting to see if Trump will benefit from the Washington rule that the children of presidents are not fair game to talk about. As much as I think he deserves to be hoisted on his own petard, that norm is a very good norm.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                            Re Booker, this is what you get. McConnell's been shitting on the ``club with norms'' approach to the Senate for quite a while now. If we're going to do away with civility, I support any effort to do so that has nothing to do with directly lining one's own pockets. Same with fake news -- if we who support climate change, vaccination, diversity or whatever else find those tactics too distasteful then we are only hurting our own cause. Time to use the tools available.
                            Yeah, pretty much this. If the gloves are off for one side, they come off for both...this is why the norms were important.

Comment

• Next thing you know that Senate will refuse to even consider Presidential nominations in a clear abrogation of their constitutional responsibilities.
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• It IS somewhat amusing that McConnell is ramming through an entire Cabinet in 3 days while saying 10 months wasn't enough time to hold hearings on one Supreme Court Justice

Or wait, did he mainly use the "no govt business should be conducted in an election year" excuse?

Comment

Working...
                                X