No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, you're right. Gardner is more like Tate Forcier in running ability than he is like Pryor ....
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• shaddup
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Massive difference between those three quarterbacks, liney in running ability/style.

Comment

• interesting article about fan attendance...

Live attendance in pro U.S. sports, basketball, football, and even motor car racing and college football, has declined or leveled off.
          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• less interesting...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=y1fV3edEdfE"]Wynkoop Brewing Company's Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• On fan attendance ......

This is not at all surprising to me. There has been some serious discussion among our tailgating group that comes from all over the US for home games that we enjoy the tailgate more than getting pissed off about whatever we don't like that day about the live game experience. We've thought, "why not stay in our tailgate area and watch the game on the TVs that Doug brings." Besides there are frosty drinks, some are even alcoholic and food, much better food, and for a fraction of the price we pay in the stadium.

You do have to put up with a lot of what is mentioned in the article to get to the stadium to watch the game. For me, when I travel from ATL to AA, its deciding on whether I can tolerate watching the game on TV (usually muted) or selling my ticket for whatever I can get so I don't have to be insulted by Dave Brandon's idea of a Fall Saturday in the Big House.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I have to agree. I've went to Doug's tailgate party and I didn't even have tickets to the game. Instead, I stayed at the tailgate, and "watched" Doug's stuff, so that he didn't have to put everything away while he was at the game. I stayed and watched the game on TV. Afterward, everyone came back, and we had cold beverages and a great meal, with some great talk. I think I had as much fun as the folks actually in the stadium.

Comment

• and more comfy seating
                  Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• We been doing it this way increasingly too.

Comment

• Tony - exactly!

With my girth, its probably the better option anyway ... :-)

Comment

• It's been 16 long years since Keith Olbermann left ESPN's SportsCenter to make his name as a political commentator at MSNBC and, most recently, Current TV. But as Variety first reported this evening, Olbermann will be returning to the network he helped put on the map as an anchor alongside Dan Patrick on SportsCenter.

Olbermann to return to espn.. which means another reason for me not to watch espn

Comment

• Olberman < Any other anchor there except Bob Ley
                          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• interesting that his show will be out of NY and not in Bristol.

Comment

• Skipper had said he would be back at Bristol over his dead body.

Also, from the book on ESPN I've read, Bristol is the pits to be in. NYC is a much nicer place

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                                Olberman < Any other anchor there except Bob Ley
                                Huh? What's wrong with Bob Ley?

Comment

Working...
                                X