Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Googled NGINX:

"nginx (pronounced "engine x") is an open source reverse proxy server for HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, POP3, and IMAP protocols, as well as a load balancer, HTTP cache, and a web server (origin server). nginx project started with a strong focus on high concurrency, high performance and low memory usage. It is licensed under the 2-clause BSD-like license and it runs on Linux, BSD variants, Mac OS X, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, as well as on other *nix flavors. It also has a proof of concept port for Microsoft Windows.[6]"

Guess that explains it!

Comment

• Well that settles it...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        Some amusing articles about the ratings decline over at the "Worldwide Leader"

Earlier this week we told you about ESPN's recent ratings woes. The numbers dropped significantly in the second quarter this year. They were down in the first quarter, too, and they were flat last year. Now that the news is getting around, ESPN PR—which usually projects an air of lordly remove in the face of bad…

http://deadspin.com/espns-july-ratin...-too-967158007
        Good. I've grown tired of their SEC worship without asking any critical questions.
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• If anyone had any doubt about Satan and other SEC coaches doling out the cash...

Comment

• hoss and I talked about this on Friday night.. I'm not sure why the NCAA doesn't suspend the kids until they can prove where they got the cash.

Comment

• They should at least be asked.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Are there any indications of fallout at all? It's been a week or so...

Comment

• None. Doubt the NCAA leadership cares...

Comment

• I call oxymoron

Comment

• The NCAA is investigating whether Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel was paid for signing hundreds of autographs on photos and sports memorabilia in January, "Outside the Lines" has learned.

Sources: NCAA investigating Manziel
                      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• NOTHING will come of that either.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• ..... probably a correct observation Liney.

The problem is going to be proving he took money. I get a sense that family, in the name of Dad, is pretty smart about this kind of stuff having created a business in his son's name to protect his interests.

I actually sort of agree with his Dad. He's saying, look, my son's future has value. His name has value. WTF. Why does the aTm or the NCAA have any business penalizing Johnny for that fact?

I think there are similarities with the EA Sports thing. Why should someone else profit from the accomplishments of a college athlete without that athlete having the opportunity to do the same or to receive some level of compensation for using a likeness, an autograph, and so forth?

All of this is going to come crashing down on the asshats that are cashing in on college players at their expense. It can't happen soon enough, IMO .... and if the Big Five break away from the NCAA, like I know they are eventually going to do, the stupid NCAA notion of the amateur athlete in the college sports is going to be dead, just like it is now in the Olympics. Good.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• As I recall you had a different perspective on players profiting from their accomplishments back in 2011 during Tattoogate?

Comment

• Johnny Football is a celebrity, different rules.
                              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                As I recall you had a different perspective on players profiting from their accomplishments back in 2011 during Tattoogate?
                                ..... not really. I agreed with talent then when he expressed contempt for the NCAA rules about profiting from the sale of memorabilia and receiving benefits. I agree with him now with respect to Manziel ..... stupid rules.

The issue for me with osu was then and still is now the top down cover up and lying.

I would have been much more forgiving of what went down with Tatgate if the deciders had preemptively dismissed major violators from the team, meeting out lesser penalties to the minor violators. Everyone in charge new what was going on and could have put a stop to it, or at least given those thinking about rule breaking reason for pause.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X