X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iam416
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

You really should deliver one of your condescending lectures to your wife tonight, replete with your trademarked sarcasm, on how she's a moron for caring so much about the abortion issue when policy talk like EPA overreach is so much more important. So typical of a woman to think that Republican extremism on this issue is actually a deal-breaker! They aren't rational like we men!! Sex must have consequences!!!!!! At least for the woman!!!

Completely unrelated, but is your couch comfy?
    My wife actually acknowledges how inept The Chairman is and fully acknowledges that the concerns about the economy are real -- and that folks shouldn't "just live with it."

And, of course, we live in Ohio where we were afforded the opportunity by the Supreme Court to be heard on the issue of abortion and WE WERE.

But, you know... LANDSLIDE

Leave a comment:

• Tom W
    replied
    Being able to act irresponsibly without any consequences will always find an audience.

Leave a comment:

• Hannibal
    replied
    Originally posted by Tom W View Post

It's only BORING because, even though it was settled, it won't GO AWAY. Now, granted that's largely the doing of the far right. It sure would be nice to be able to ignore them and go about our business, but the equal and opposite reaction that abortion is a "Right" without any associated responsibilities isn't all that appealing, either.
    It's appealing to a lot of women.

And it's a big time losing issue right now for the Rs. Just about any state is in play if abortion is on the ballot.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Buchanan
    replied
    I've said this before but Iran is an Islamic Fundamentalist state. Their proxy militant groups carry out their terrorist dirty work to support a publicly stated official policy of death to America and elimination of the state of Israel. The alliance - the so called Axis of Resistance - is very good at shaping a narrative that makes them look like the good guys and Israel and the US look like the bad guys. I'd guess a large number of world leaders and citizens of the world see it that way. It's hard to deny Israel hasn't acted in a disproportionate way in response to the Hamas attack on Israel in October. The dead body count that mounts every day in Gaza is hard to overlook.

But, no one should deny that Iran and it's proxies present a very real threat to America. They are fighting a war with a long term view. Like a cancer, if you don't eliminate its ability to do us harm, it will eventually harm us. To what degree is TBD but they won't strop trying until they obtain maximum impact. Over and over again, This Axis has been offered peace through accommodation and over and over, regardless of who's running the show at the time of the offers, they've been rejected.

That's the real story here but the MSM continue to lap up the propaganda the Axis spreads, and write about it. I have a hard time finding journalist who are willing to offer the real story. Accordingly, a lot like Putin's misinformation and propaganda machine that is also effective in shaping a a long term view of the future within Europe where more and more it looks like he will succeed in Ukraine, Islamic leaders are doing the same in the ME and have been building towards that goal since the 70s.

Leave a comment:

• Tom W
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Conservative man can’t understand why women care about this BORING ISSUE when they obviously should stand by their husbands. Baffled why his party struggles to appeal to them.
    It's only BORING because, even though it was settled, it won't GO AWAY. Now, granted that's largely the doing of the far right. It sure would be nice to be able to ignore them and go about our business, but the equal and opposite reaction that abortion is a "Right" without any associated responsibilities isn't all that appealing, either.

Leave a comment:

• Hannibal
    replied
    Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Hard not to see a D landslide coming in 2024. Everyone, everywhere agrees with them on all issues.
    The Ds are infinitely better than the Rs at punishing their opponents for a mistake or for an unpopular belief. It's remarkable how easy it is to do that if you just have a smidgeon of balls.

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    If they missed him, better luck next time.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Buchanan
    replied
    Doing some informed guessing but the IDF, through it's intelligence network, may have thought Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh was in Gaza and bombed where they thought he might be. The BBC is reporting that Haniyeh is now claiming his 3 sons and several grand children were killed in an IDF AF strike.

Just saying but Hamas puts out all kinds of misinformation and this might be part of that campaign. OTH spook shit like this - a plan to knock off Haniyeh if he stepped foot out of Qatar - is right out of Moussad's playbook.

Leave a comment:

• THE_WIZARD_
    replied
    heh

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    I plead insanity on the charges...
    Checks out...

Leave a comment:

• THE_WIZARD_
    replied
    Your dishonor...I plead insanity on the charges...

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Strangelove
    replied
    You, sir, partake in that lugubrious potion otherwise known as WHISKEY and your abuse of that intoxicating liquid so offended the good sir AlabamAlum that his was forced to withdraw (post haste) for a manner of months.

Leave a comment:

• THE_WIZARD_
    replied
    JFC...you sniffling son of a twatwaffle...you spread LIES!!!! LAIR!!!!!11111

I don't live in Grand Island!!!

You sir...with your lies...are a threat to the democracy of this forum.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Strangelove
    replied
    Why aren't you in Ocala selling googly-eyed seashells to inbred tourists from back home in Grand Island, you slack-jawed chucklefuck?

Leave a comment:

• THE_WIZARD_
    replied
    LAIR!!!!!11111

Leave a comment:

Working...
X