No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL. You should read twittering about your current President. Hell, at the big women's march they had a speaker saying they should kill DJT and the crowd went wild. Why double hell, there's been at least two people arrested and charged for actually threatening to kill DJT as opposed to posting a graphic.

So, you know...quit playing the diversionary game...
    Last edited by iam416; February 16, 2017, 05:38 PM.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Sources now say that Flynn denied talking sanctions in interview with FBI but may be hard to bring charges because he parsed his language carefully

This is what Talent gets for trusting FAKE NEWS CNN!

Comment

• Interesting to note that when something beneficial to Trump leaks, it tends to come from the FBI. When something negative leaks it's from CIA, NSA, or DOS (most likely)

Comment

• It seems like the Post story confirms that charges won't be brought.

As for the bureaucracy, it's clear there's a significant portion of it in open revolt against the President. That's problematic.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            LOL. You should read twittering about your current President. Hell, at the big women's march they had a speaker saying they should kill DJT and the crowd went wild. Why double hell, there's been at least two people arrested and charged for actually threatening to kill DJT as opposed to posting a graphic.

So, you know...quit playing the diversionary game...
            I think it is one thing when protesters at a non-affiliated event do it, and when it becomes a common refrain at official campaign events. Step in up anoth level when a cabinet nominee leads the chant, as Flynn did. Another degree of escalation when the candidate himself said that "second-amendment people" might take care of Hillary's SCOTUS appointments.

No false equivalence please.

Comment

• SLF:
              Nope. He did not. He said the FBI was recommending against prosecution because there was insufficient evidence of the intent necessary to prove a crime had occurred. (I.e. In his mind she couldn't be convicted)
              Intent was never necessary, it was a fiction that Comey made up to justify no prosecution.

However, you did indeed find a Republican who said kill Hillary. I stand corrected. All I ever heard was "lock her up.....", but that was by,....oh....roughly 60% of the R base.
              Last edited by Da Geezer; February 16, 2017, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• Equivocating the Ds to the Rs would be false and unfair to the Rs in this case.

And hack, you can't possibly be saying that kill Hillary was a common refrain at campaign events.

But the larger point is the desire to paint the opposition with the outliers. I find that remarkably unhelpful, but it's always easier to dismiss your opposition if they're a caricature. So when SLF goes out his way to talk about Rs threatening to kill HRC I'm going to take issue.

Lock her up!=whatever. She was under investigation.

I will also say I'm guilty. I love to tweak Ds about ridiculous campus behavior that, in truth, is absolutely unrepresentative of higher education as a whole. It may be consistent with a rparticular school, but Oberlin is not representative of universities as a whole.
                Last edited by iam416; February 16, 2017, 07:14 PM.

Comment

• Vice Admiral Harward, the former Navy Seal, has turned down the offer to replace Flynn. The White House refused to allow him to choose his own staff so he said, "no thanks"

Harward, a former Navy SEAL and deputy commander of U.S. Central Command, was asked to replace Michael Flynn

Comment

• Thad Matta may free soon. Good lord.

Comment

• "Hang that Bitch"? A non-lethal hanging?

Comment

• Matta for NSA

Interesting little note I hadn't heard before today but apparently the two leading candidates in Ecuador's Presidential election have vowed to kick Assange out of the London embassy

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                          SLF:

Intent was never necessary, it was a fiction that Comey made up to justify no prosecution.

However, you did indeed find a Republican who said kill Hillary. I stand corrected. All I ever heard was "lock her up.....", but that was by,....oh....roughly 60% of the R base.
                          For the record that was a local Republican Party that said that.

And there are very few criminal acts that do not require intent.
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            Equivocating the Ds to the Rs would be false and unfair to the Rs in this case.

And hack, you can't possibly be saying that kill Hillary was a common refrain at campaign events.

But the larger point is the desire to paint the opposition with the outliers. I find that remarkably unhelpful, but it's always easier to dismiss your opposition if they're a caricature. So when SLF goes out his way to talk about Rs threatening to kill HRC I'm going to take issue.

Lock her up!=whatever. She was under investigation.

I will also say I'm guilty. I love to tweak Ds about ridiculous campus behavior that, in truth, is absolutely unrepresentative of higher education as a whole. It may be consistent with a rparticular school, but Oberlin is not representative of universities as a whole.
                            I'm not talking about fringe folks Talent. The Twitter was from the Riverside County's Republican Party.

Al Baldasaro is a trump advisor who said Hillary should be excited for treason.

It's not just some randos. I understand you want to downplay it, but the ugliness is there.
                            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• "Hang that Bitch"? A non-lethal hanging?
                              Oh, from various attendees. SLF was referring to an actual Republican offical - singular.

Search twitter for "Kill Trump"/"Assassinate Trump".

In any event, we disagree. I don't think it's really possible to see "which side is worse" without some partisanship. Perhaps I don't give you enough credit. I don't give myself that credit, and as I'm more of an R than a D, I probably notice the lefty hysterics more -- and the actual arrests and charges for threatening to kill Trump. So, I doubt my mind will change much -- but in no small part because I just don't care enough about the "who hates whom more" issue. Despite my several posts indicating the contrary.

Comment

• It's not just some randos. I understand you want to downplay it, but the ugliness is there.
                                Actually, it is just some randos. I mean, unless you come up with dozens of examples it's actually a textbook definition of random.

If you want to make a macro argument -- which is what you want to make -- then make it with traditional macro tools. One offs don't cut it.

Comment

Working...
                                X