• Show
Clear All

• I think OP meant post #1792...

;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob F View Post
      I think OP meant post #1792...

;-)
      I Think so Rob, for this Boss Hog anyway and I suspect Wizard knows that.

Always prepared to take a "Wiz" off the back of my transom while in International waters and anywhere in the state of Nebraska for that matter too.
      Last edited by Optimus Prime; August 28, 2013, 12:38 PM.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• interesting... not sure if it's true, but interesting...

A few months back, when I was swatting away the absolutely absurd notion that Brittney Griner could play in the NBA, I snarked, "Then again, Billie Jean King did beat a 55-year-old former pro that one time, so maybe Griner will totes fit into the NBA." But even that bit of credit was unwarranted, apparently. Because it turns out the infamous battle of the sexes—in which the 30-year-old King routed the 55-year-old Bobby Riggs—wasn't a legit match. Allegedly, the fix was in:
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Irrelevant is the word that comes to mind for me
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I think it's interesting. And while I'm not a gambler, I think it's a good reminder of the importance of sports -- even exhibition matches -- deriving their legitimacy from being genuine contests, and not things controlled behind the scenes. Legitimacy is a really important issue for me.

Comment

• It's such a remote and unsubstantiated blurb though for an event from 40 years ago.
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I thought it was common knowledge that Riggs threw the match. The reason I usually hear is because he was a strong supporter of women's lib and wanted to help further the cause. I also didn't know that he trounced Margaret Court a few months earlier.

Comment

• I knew about the Margret Court match, I was 13 at the time. My question is more the timing of this being released now. What's the motive for this release?

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
                    Does anyone know the forum posting protocol for adding "Mp4" apple I-phone 7 water camera videos? The BB codes list multiple formats but not Mp4?

I have the vids hosted at Photobucket.
                    You should be able to just paste the link here and it will automatically embed the video. Photobucket videos are one of the many auto-parsed links the forum software handles (like YouTube).
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• My guess is that some of the mobsters who would have killed the guy who supposedly overheard the conversation in which Riggs was told to throw the match are now dead. Definitely the rumour has been out there.

Comment

• The whole idea of it was stupid. It might have made for a good spectacle at the time, but trying to extrapolate anything about gender from that one match is something so retarded even Dave Brandon wouldn't do it

...probably.
                        Last edited by Hannibal; August 28, 2013, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• Agree. Probably.

Comment

• Former Patriots player Aaron Hernandez might have been one of the NFL's all-time greats, but he could never escape drugs, guns and a life of violence.

gangster in the huddle
                            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Blimpy Burger to come crashing down.

Over the past several days, lines at Blimpy Burger have been as long as three hours as customers have waited to have one final burger before the iconic establishment on South Division Street closed Wednesday.
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I'd like to see them get a new building that actually has parking ... :-)
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X