No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoever runs Trump's official WH twitter account is spreading blatant misinformation and live-tweeting the hearing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      CGVT- Look at the difference in font size between Fox's two headlines. This seems to be the Republican strategy: focus on the leaks being the real scandal here; the outright lies peddled by Trump and the investigation itself are both very minor issues in comparison.

https://twitter.com/DJBentley/status/843859063708565504

This sounds oddly familiar...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
        Yes. But where/why?

In Paris... historical monument

Comment

• LOL @ the verbiage: Do "families'' want to hear it? FFS.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
            In Paris... historical monument

Clearly. Just seems odd that suddenly there was a wave of graffiti from '13 where there wasn't any before. I agree that it's shitty to deface public property and there are many many sides of buildings and railyards and the like where graffiti makes things better. But who is making what point about this?

Comment

• Draco Gowdy continuing to ask about leaks is hilarious, he's known to be one of the biggest leakers in Washington. Expallaramus!

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                Clearly. Just seems odd that suddenly there was a wave of graffiti from '13 where there wasn't any before. I agree that it's shitty to deface public property and there are many many sides of buildings and railyards and the like where graffiti makes things better. But who is making what point about this?

I only shared because I found the "acceptance"... sad

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  CGVT- Look at the difference in font size between Fox's two headlines. This seems to be the Republican strategy: focus on the leaks being the real scandal here; the outright lies peddled by Trump and the investigation itself are both very minor issues in comparison.

https://twitter.com/DJBentley/status/843859063708565504
                  Of course it is. Trump is the King of Deflection.

And...his supporters eat it up.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Hack:
                    I'm done, Geezer. Unless you're coming from a facts-based starting point. I'm not going to argue you into one.

Well, when I make a statement, or take issue with one of yours, I attach an example or a link. You don't. Or I concede the point, as I did with " the government doesn't require anyone to build a plant.." or whatever you said. I continually point out the bankruptcy of your ideas, and you cannot defend them.

I strongly suspect that you are realizing that much of what you hold to be true (and to be necessary) is based on climate change, which is the shorthand we have agreed upon for anthropogenic global warming. All of this "..renewable energy of the wave of the future..." won't happen during your lifetime (credit to Hanni), and probably won't happen at all. The US should be finding economically viable ways lower the cost of energy at every opportunity. That is one of the largest comparative advantages the US has in manufacturing, and will also be important as we become more robot-centric in the economy in general. Cheap energy is one thing Talent sells trying to bring plants to Ohio. Why then do we spend time, money, and energy developing renewables? Hey, get your economics out of the 1970's, and your religion out of government.

Comment

• Spicer just said that Paul Manafort played a 'very limited role" for a "very limited time" in Trump's campaign

He was Trump's campaign manager's from like April to August! Very limited role?!

Deduce from this that Manafort is looking dirtier and dirtier, btw

Comment

• a great summary of the Hernandez courtroom today

Comment

• Spicer has seriously claimed that Manafort played a very limited role in the Trump campaign, that Michael Flynn was a mere "campaign volunteer", and implied that Roger Stone (Trump's friend for decades) was a hanger-on

Comment

• Alternate facts, I guess.
                            Last edited by CGVT; March 20, 2017, 10:07 PM.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                              I only shared because I found the "acceptance"... sad

Me too if true. Just makes me curious about those questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                                Hack:

Well, when I make a statement, or take issue with one of yours, I attach an example or a link. You don't. Or I concede the point, as I did with " the government doesn't require anyone to build a plant.." or whatever you said. I continually point out the bankruptcy of your ideas, and you cannot defend them.

I strongly suspect that you are realizing that much of what you hold to be true (and to be necessary) is based on climate change, which is the shorthand we have agreed upon for anthropogenic global warming. All of this "..renewable energy of the wave of the future..." won't happen during your lifetime (credit to Hanni), and probably won't happen at all. The US should be finding economically viable ways lower the cost of energy at every opportunity. That is one of the largest comparative advantages the US has in manufacturing, and will also be important as we become more robot-centric in the economy in general. Cheap energy is one thing Talent sells trying to bring plants to Ohio. Why then do we spend time, money, and energy developing renewables? Hey, get your economics out of the 1970's, and your religion out of government.
                                Look -- you're challenging industry terms with precise definitions coming from investment bankers. I strongly suspect you have to start with the facts and go from there rather than shaping them to fit into what you wish to be true, but that's your problem. Not mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X