No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump's bad enough. Allowing Huskers to travel abroad could irreparably destroy our relations with the civilized world.

Comment

• So its official today; the Raiders are moving to Vegas. $2B indoor stadium to be built, opening in 2020 and I suspect will be hosting the Super Bowl that year.

The team is supposed to start playing there in 2019.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
        Did you tell them you are not a black person trying to register to vote?

Damn... ouch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
          So its official today; the Raiders are moving to Vegas. $2B indoor stadium to be built, opening in 2020 and I suspect will be hosting the Super Bowl that year.

The team is supposed to start playing there in 2019.

If I was an Oakland fan I'd never accept them back..

Comment

• Which bowl game moves to Vegas first?

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
              For those of you wanting more gov't control or greater ability to make decisions... try and get your child a passport. So looking online it appeared only one post office has Saturday hours, yet after spending over 2 hrs trying to call and getting someone to answer (off and on) we were told their website is wrong and they don't do Saturday passports. But we could come in between the hours of 9am and 2:30 pm (except for 10-10:30 when they have lunch)... but 2 other places have Saturday hours, even though they don't show online.

Called the first.. nope, the location who told us that was mistaken. They quit taking Saturday appointments. however, that other place still does them... 6 attempts, still no answer.
              Had no problems at our local post office recently.

Comment

• Ent: I ran into the same type of situation in Scottsdale AZ trying to collect a certified letter.

No solution except going to the office and standing there until someone helps you. Web sites and phone calls are useless. They don't have reasonable hours, and then they wonder why they are busy during the hour or so they are open each day.

Comment

• Elon Musk says he is going to try to connect a computer to a brain to tell what the brain is thinking. Probably got the idea from this SNL skit.

Comment

For those of you wanting more gov't control or greater ability to make decisions... try and get your child a passport. So looking online it appeared only one post office has Saturday hours, yet after spending over 2 hrs trying to call and getting someone to answer (off and on) we were told their website is wrong and they don't do Saturday passports. But we could come in between the hours of 9am and 2:30 pm (except for 10-10:30 when they have lunch)... but 2 other places have Saturday hours, even though they don't show online.

Called the first.. nope, the location who told us that was mistaken. They quit taking Saturday appointments. however, that other place still does them... 6 attempts, still no answer.
                    Try and have a plumber make weekend calls.
                    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      Trump's bad enough. Allowing Huskers to travel abroad could irreparably destroy our relations with the civilized world.
                      STFU or I will move to C-bus
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Which bowl game moves to Vegas first?

I bet Vegas will be in the running for the CFP Champ game in short order.

No way the Raiders play in Oakland in 2018.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The 31-1 vote is misleading...part of it is the owners backlash against the Davis family...but most is tge fact that tge the owners in general are going to prosper financially bigtime down the road because of this move.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• We got passports last year for my wife, youngest daughter and I last year and we got them for my other two kids in January. Had no problems either time and got them within 3 weeks each time.

Comment

If I was an Oakland fan I'd never accept them back..

If Oakland fans filled that tiny stadium the organization might not be leaving. They don't, and thus it is. Again.

IDK if Vegas will be much better, but the revenue stream in Oakland was a trickle compared to most organizations. The Raiders can almost literally not do any worse.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Froot.. the time to get a passport isn't an issue. Having to either take them out of school (and take off work) or guess who has Saturday capabilities is the issue. Just answer the f'ing phone. Govt at its finest, imo

Last edited by entropy; March 27, 2017, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X