No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL. Seems a growing faction is pretty sure that Xi is basically using NK as a negotiating tactic against Trump - using his tactic of sowing chaos before coming to the table to negotiate. That could explain why Trump's picking on Canada rather than designating China a currency manipulator. As per this meme, in that scenario a country is able to screw with us simply because Trump is who he is.

Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
    Heh. Trumpkins.

Comment

• Sounds like someone needs a thin mint....awwwww
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• You got the punctuation wrong, but congratulations on posting a full sentence for the first time!

Comment

• Trump on Jackson

Comment

• A recent M alum takes on the progressive campus culture: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...urse-explained

Probably the best thing written by anyone associated with M since they drafted Hoke's contract.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The continuing fascination with Andrew Jackson is odd.

Comment

• good article Talent, particularly as it relates to intellectual snobbery and virtue signaling:

Rensin’s point is that the “hicks” out there are just grossly out of step with the modern world, that the only way they can possibly disagree with progressivism’s tenets is if they are morons. That they oppose the cultural Marxism of gender deconstructionists or demands for so-called reproductive justice (read: an unlimited right to abortion), that their gut reaction is to shudder at mass, illegal immigration or recoil at the Left’s flagrant, frequent, and often fanatical rhetoric and displays of anti-Americanism is simply proof positive that they have been duped, hoodwinked, or otherwise allowed themselves to be misled by right-wing charlatans. They are, in other words, dreadfully mired in their wrong-thinking ways, all the while committing myriad thought crimes.

Comment

• The continuing fascination with Andrew Jackson is odd.
                  No. Arguably, Jackson was the last truly populist President. You might want to read up on it.

Comment

• I think the pres should do that first.

Comment

• I don't need to read up on Jackson, that's why I find his fascination with Jackson to be quite odd. Jackson is thoroughly overrated as a President.

Comment

• the Donald needs to concentrate more on entitlement reform and less about civil war prevention starring presidents with slaves

Comment

• I dunno. I tend to side with Remini on Jackson and the importance of Jacksonian democracy. He was certainly one of the most influential presidents, giving rise to a party which can best be described as "anybody but Jackson".

I'm not sure where he's ranked, but fringe top 10 either way seems appropriate to me. I suspect his ranking will drop over time because he beat the piss out of the injuns.

Comment

• the Donald needs to concentrate more on entitlement reform and less about civil war prevention starring presidents with slaves
                            Heh.

Comment

• I find it odd because he name drops these mid 19th century figures without seemingly knowing that much about them. When you praise Andrew Jackson a lot and then also praise Henry Clay, it perks my ears up. It indicates to me that he doesn't have much more than superficial knowledge and is using these names to get cheap pop from the hometown crowd. Eventually I will be totally immune to this sort of stuff, but not yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                Probably the best thing written by anyone associated with M since they drafted Hoke's contract.
                                Well done.

Comment

Working...
                                X