No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I find it odd because he name drops these mid 19th century figures without seemingly knowing that much about them. When you praise Andrew Jackson a lot and then also praise Henry Clay, it perks my ears up
    Well, heh, correct.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Gabe Sherman is reporting that Bill Shine is out at Fox News.

Also Diane Falzone of Fox News filed a gender discrimination against them today, she claims she was sideline after reporting on her endimetriosis.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        Gabe Sherman is reporting that Bill Shine is out at Fox News.

Also Diane Falzone of Fox News filed a gender discrimination against them today, she claims she was sideline after reporting on her endimetriosis.
        Hannity was hysterical over the idea of Shine being fired. He might actually quit.

Incredible that in less than a year Fox has lost Roger Ailes, Ailes' right-hand man, O'Reilly, Megyn Kelly, Van Sustern, and might lose Hannity too...

Comment

• This piece sheds some light on Trump's Andrew Jackson love. Cliff notes: Trump has no idea what he is talking about, and this is a surprise to anyone?

The president's latest musings on history betray a lack of understanding of the reasons the war was fought
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Big shakeup coming at the Heritage FOundation. There are rumblings that the Trump wing of the party has pulled a coup d'etat within Heritage and Bannon, of all people, might take over (this not mentioned in this particular article but elsewhere).

Jim DeMint is being forced out as the leader of the conservative Heritage Foundation think tank amid internal tensions at the organization over its direction, several sources have confirmed to Fox News.

Comment

• More perspective on Trump's love for Andy Jackson

[ame]https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/859365861945159681[/ame]

[ame]https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/859369534188396549[/ame]

Comment

• So after like 104 days in office he thinks he's Andrew Jackson. Not terribly surprising I suppose.

Comment

• I'm waiting for the fake news claims from the Trump people with most journalists, both good and bad ones, hammering Trump for associating Andrew Jackson with notions that he could have single handedly, through his leadership, averted the Civil War.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• How they could have averted the Civil War is question that is evergreen. I anxiously await the answer that has escaped everyone's imagination.

Comment

• Well, I thought the Atlantic article I linked to spelled it out pretty clearly ......

The CW was fought over slavery, nothing else that, in it's aftermath, revisionist historians tried to say otherwise.

I thought the part of that article interesting that demonstrated how legislators starting in 1776 had kicked that can down the road with legislative compromises for nearly 100 years before there was no more kicking room and the war over it began.

That alone is instructive in the context of current legislative battles. I believe there are only a handful of President's, in concert with their congressional leadership, who were able to put legislation in place that was uncompromising in advancing a particular national interest above party politics.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        How they could have averted the Civil War is question that is evergreen. I anxiously await the answer that has escaped everyone's imagination.
                        Great deals.

Comment

• Art of the Deal: works on the Civil War, but none of the current legislative agenda?

Comment

• Trumps newish infatuation with Jackson comes from Bannon. He's got the mind of a child.

Comment

• Trump personally hired the guy who negotiated the prices of the toilets at Trump Tower-Chicago.

Who knew negotiating healthcare could be tougher than that??

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                                Well, I thought the Atlantic article I linked to spelled it out pretty clearly ......

The CW was fought over slavery, nothing else that, in it's aftermath, revisionist historians tried to say otherwise.

I thought the part of that article interesting that demonstrated how legislators starting in 1776 had kicked that can down the road with legislative compromises for nearly 100 years before there was no more kicking room and the war over it began.

That alone is instructive in the context of current legislative battles. I believe there are only a handful of President's, in concert with their congressional leadership, who were able to put legislation in place that was uncompromising in advancing a particular national interest above party politics.
                                I was referring to wanting to hear what he thought the deal could have been to avoid. The Atlantic article was fine. Most biographies of politicians from the revolution on to the Civil War deal with the issue on how it could have been prevented. There is no easy answer to it especially after Whitney invented the Cotton Gin.

Comment

Working...
                                X