No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff, I think you misinterpreted my post sarcasm directed at talent.

There is plenty to see here
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I don't think this is business as usual for American government. It may be business as usual for the powerful business elite and I don't use that term to describe those persons respectfully. It's deal making: you do this for me and I'll do this for you.
      Jeff, could you please give me an example of what the Russians got as a quid pro quo out any of these meetings?

Have any of you progs thought that it is possible for DJTJ and Kushner to have spoken of multiple things in their meeting with the Russian lawyer? Hypothetically, why is it not possible for the two Trumpsters to have gone to the meeting thinking they were going to get dirt on Hillary, but also talked about the Maginsky Act which would probably include talking of adoptions?

The value of Trump's businesses will rise and fall with his success as President. He doesn't need to cut any under-the-table deals like you always postulate with zero proof. Trump is first and foremost a brander. If he wants to make serious money, like going from a net worth of 10B to 20B it will be because he is successful at getting the US economy going again.

Comment

• Yeah, if it was all on the up and up they wouldn't continue to lie about their meetings.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          So the Russians were going to give emails they already hacked to DJTJ? And then they went ahead and continued to release emails via Wikileaks as they've had done previously?

The more rational explanation was the Russian lawyer used the pretext of damaging HRC emails to arrange the meeting and backdoor lobbying shit. I mean, what fucking political operative wouldn't want damaging information on their opponent? (Excuse me, Ms. Clinton, we have a "grab them in their pussy" tape, would you like it?). Of course they're going to meet.

What baffles me beyond belief is why the Russians and their presumably complex intelligence operation with an established reliable channel for release (Wikileaks) would veer from that course to use some hack laywer to all of sudden be the point man.

I'll give the NYT some credit -- at least this story appears to be non-fabricated unlike, say, their bullshit that Trump had repeated contacts with Russian intelligence (thank you, Comey).

BOMBSHELL!!!! Believe me, THIS ONE IS IT!

In the mean time, we're still waiting for the quid quo pro.

Also, I look forward to the next BOMBSHELL next weekend. Like clockwork. And Froot will be in here touting it out that ass -- JUST WAIT FOR THE NEXT BOMBSHELL!!!!

yep. I'll say it again, this is feeling just like all the birthers who had this BOMBSHELL that was coming and would prove BO was illegally in office. The "believers" think the shoe is about to drop.

I guess this makes people feel better. Invalidating the opponent is another form of demonizing them. Hence, you're ultimately right and the other side is therefore wrong. Much easier to live that way, I guess. But to me, it is the same crap, just from a different wing of the same bird.
          Last edited by entropy; July 10, 2017, 11:07 AM.
          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Jeff..

Ideally, I'd like all our future presidential candidates to have limited to no relationships with foreign powers... to avoid any bias or sense of "loyalty". But that's not possible. I was critical of HC's relationship with SA during her campaign and posted that here numerous times. I certainly don't like Trumps relationship with Russia either. I don't trust either country. But, the world we live is probably means we will have to pick and evaluate those relationships going forward. Hopefully (though not optimistic), we will have an understanding of those relationships
            Last edited by entropy; July 10, 2017, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• Really good article. Such an opportunity lost. The ending really sums of America well

Comment

• The idiocy involved in flying the Stripes and Bars in conjunction with one another never ceases to amuse me.

But...that?s 2017.

Comment

• But it's heritage not hate.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• no.. it's showing you're a rebel against DC. but you need to fly the US flag too, so nobody thinks your un-American. But dang it, you're a rebel too.

And who said teenage angst was tough..

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      So the Russians were going to give emails they already hacked to DJTJ? And then they went ahead and continued to release emails via Wikileaks as they've had done previously?

The more rational explanation was the Russian lawyer used the pretext of damaging HRC emails to arrange the meeting and backdoor lobbying shit. I mean, what fucking political operative wouldn't want damaging information on their opponent? (Excuse me, Ms. Clinton, we have a "grab them in their pussy" tape, would you like it?). Of course they're going to meet.

What baffles me beyond belief is why the Russians and their presumably complex intelligence operation with an established reliable channel for release (Wikileaks) would veer from that course to use some hack laywer to all of sudden be the point man.

I'll give the NYT some credit -- at least this story appears to be non-fabricated unlike, say, their bullshit that Trump had repeated contacts with Russian intelligence (thank you, Comey).

BOMBSHELL!!!! Believe me, THIS ONE IS IT!

In the mean time, we're still waiting for the quid quo pro.

Also, I look forward to the next BOMBSHELL next weekend. Like clockwork. And Froot will be in here touting it out that ass -- JUST WAIT FOR THE NEXT BOMBSHELL!!!!
                      Is it typical politics to seek out oppo research from foreign nationals? That part doesn't raise any eyebrows in the slightest?

If there's nothing abnormal about this, why did Don Jr. lie in his first story and insist the meeting was just about adoptions. Clearly in the next 24 hours he got word that the Times, and maybe the various investigations, were aware that he set up the meeting expecting to receive solid dirt on Clinton.

Don Jr. also claimed he didn't even know who he was meeting...but felt it was important enough to bring along Manafort and Kushner?

Comment

• These people vote.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                          Jeff, could you please give me an example of what the Russians got as a quid pro quo out any of these meetings?
                          Geeze, I was very careful in choosing the language in my post. One person can justifiably conclude one thing about the Kushner, et. al meeting with Veselnitskaya (they talked only about restoring the ability of Americans to adopt Russian babies) or one could conclude a deal was made involving we'll give you this (restoring adoption rights) if you'll give us that. I have no idea what that is nor have a I made any accusations that anything at all was given by the Americans in exchange for restoring adoption rights.

What I do feel confident in asserting is that in the world of billionaires doing business, underlings like Jared Kushner and Veselnitskaya could be setting up a quid pro quo involving Kushner's billionaire Father in Law and Veselnitskaya billionaire Vladamir Putin. Two elite business men, just doing business. I'd have no problem with that if it were two business men. It's not.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• "seek out" -- heh.

Otherwise, DSL, I'd suggest you remove the question marks, desist with the ridiculous "questions" routine and just make them declarative sentences. But, to each their own.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• He arranged a meeting with a foreign national with the expectation that they could deliver dirt on Clinton. He's admitted to all that, although only after backtracking on his initial story. And coincidentally it was a Russian foreign national with Kremlin ties. Without even touching the legal aspect, I think that's at least somewhat scandalous. Your mileage may (and apparently does) vary.

Comment

• This is all fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X