No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wooooooooooooooooooooooo! Boy!!!!!! Suck on that Evgeni !!! LOL!! USA!

Comment

• Comment

• Beat lowly Slovenia tomorrow and we win the group. Probably the 3 seed in the quarters unless Canada-Finland goes OT.

Comment

• Stevie Y , Ken Holland and Babcock in the stands, Datsyuk scores two goals in regulation and another in the shootout, but T.J. Oshie scores four times in the shootout and gets the winner in the eighth round, leading the United States past Russia 3-2 Saturday.

:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

Comment

• OK, looking ahead to the elimination stage (assuming we beat Slovenia tomorrow and win our group).

It appears we'd be the #3 seed behind Sweden and the Canada/Finland winner. Our only hope to move up is for Canada/Finland to go OT so nobody gets 3 points. Then goal differential would decide who gets the #2 seed between USA and Can/Fin, who would both finish pool play with 8 points.

Seeding is important, IMO, because a 1 or 2 would likely keep you away from a traditional "hockey country" in the quarters. As the #1 seed in 2010 we drew Switzerland in the quarters and the #3 seed, Russia, played Canada. That is the exact opposite of what you want to happen if you win your group. Canada isn't stubbing its toe in the prelims this time around but the point remains. At the end of the day you just have to beat whoever is in front of you but I think it's fun to analyze the field a bit.

At any rate, great win today. We actually had a bit of good luck with the disallowed goal late in the game. We very easily could have lost in regulation and had to play an extra game so the win is huge in that it gets us through to the quarters (assuming we beat Slovenia, of course).

Comment

• Team photo, day 2, actually the uniforms look damn good.

Jesus, they are horrible - Canada usually has the best uniforms, not this year. Then black - lol ? That's right I forgot, you love Justin Bieber (along with Cindy) too. Anything goes as long its from Canada - Blind Faith

Comment

• FYI part-timers Canada has had a black Jersey for at least 30 years, even longer I'd imagine. Remember, it's always Gold around the neck.

Captain Joe Sakic, one of the best ever.

Speaking of which, NHL Salaries:

Malkin 9.5M , Datsyuk 6.7M, Kovalchuk 11.3M (before he breached his NHL contract and left to return to Russia).

TJ Oshie (St. Loius Blues) 4M

Money Round starts February 19th, win three games in a row and capture GOLD.
                Last edited by Optimus Prime; February 15, 2014, 02:58 PM.
                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• The Russians appeared to have the go-ahead goal late in the third period. I'm still looking for video to back this up, but it's easy to believe that the net didn't just happen to come off the mooring. Jonathan Quick was in full scramble mode immediately before he was beaten by Tyutin's shot. Clever move if it was intentional ... and wildly lucky if not.

According Slava Voynov:

Voynov on Quick dislodging the net before the Tyutin disallowed goal: "I play with him. I know that's his style." #USAvRUS
                  ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• All the more reason Quick was the right choice!

Comment

• Yeah, it's also called delay of game, a 2-minute penalty. *uck Russia!

Suppose the officials will watch him in future games.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                        Jesus, they are horrible - Canada usually has the best uniforms, not this year. Then black - lol ? That's right I forgot, you love Justin Bieber (along with Cindy) too. Anything goes as long its from Canada - Blind Faith

Packy, where have you been?

Time to meet this Team Canada, the defending Gold Medalist.

Here's a cheat sheet for the medal round!

Last edited by Optimus Prime; February 15, 2014, 03:03 PM.

Comment

• Sweden is through to the quarters at 3-0. Switzerland scored 2 goals in 3 games and went 2-1. Yes, that's right. They played 3 straight 1-0 games that made soccer look exciting. They might end up the #6 and play us in the quarters. Sounds good to me.

Here's what needs to happen: Russia beats Slovakia to finish with 7 points and Canada/Finland is decided in regulation. That would make the top seeds, who get a bye into the quarterfinals:

#1 Canada/Finland (9 pts. best goal dif.)
                          #2 Sweden (9 pts. +5 goal dif.)
                          #3 USA (8 pts.)
                          #4 Russia. (7 pts.)

This would be perfect as it keeps us away from Canada and Russia until the gold medal game. I like how we match up with Sweden. Even though they went 3-0 they didn't impress me much in a weak group. They are without Zetterberg and have an aging team. So remember... We need Russia to win tomorrow and this scenario is contingent on us beating Slovenia. If it plays out like I expect, we'll play for gold.
                          Last edited by Mike; February 15, 2014, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• USA win was fantastic, wish it was in the medal round!

Sweden is toast. Too old, fat & rich playing in the NHL, as 24 of 25 currently do.

Their best line of Langskog, Steen & Zetterberg was impressive until Hank shortened or possibly ended his Wings' career by selfishly playing in Sochi. On yeah, Steen was actually born in Winnipeg , Manitoba, a product of Canadian hockey.

More notable benevolence, Team USA Paul Stastny was actually born in Quebec and Parise, a dual-national anchor baby, born in Minnesota while his old man played for the North Stars. JP Parise played for Team Canada in the '72 Summit Series with the Soviets but we are happy to share the wealth.

A Canadian v. US or Russia Final will be off the scale!

Comment

• I agree with that ......

I don't watch much of the play-ins or pay much attention but I would be glued to the set if the Rooskies play either team USA or Canada.

Any other match-up ..... ehh.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I'd love to see a Russia-Canada quarter-final which would happen if Finland beats Canada tomorrow. I'm not counting on that, though, so I'll have to hope they meet in the semis.

Comment

Working...
                                X