Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
    I know of no Republican who would support postponing an election. It makes you wonder how these polls determine the group of Rs to include in their poll.

I also find it interesting that you lefties are always bringing up the debate over illegal voters and illegal voting. A couple of months ago someone posted an article that had a poll taken of illegal immigrants and 20% said they did, in fact, vote. In order to get to "millions", one would need two million illegal voters which means that there would have to be 10 million illegals in the country. I think there are many more than that. So, do I think that 2 million illegals voted? Yes, I do. But I have no proof of either how many illegals there are in the US, or how they voted. That is why this commission is a good idea.

Remember, Hannibal was the one who brought up the idea that the Dems are/were trying to change the demographics of the country in order to claim permanent power. One thing is certain: illegal immigrants and convicted felons vote nearly 100% Democrat. That is why the progs here always talk as if illegal voting is minuscule. None of us knows the extent of illegal voting if we are honest about it. Shoot, we don't know within 5 million how many illegal immigrants there are now in the country.

http://www.investors.com/politics/ed...-vote-in-2016/

Your position has admirably remained "I'm going to keep believing it's true, even if I don't have any facts to back it up"

It's been explained to you a number of times before but

A controversial 2014 study used survey data to demonstrate that 38 people might have voted as non-citizens in 2008, and web sites subsequently did a lot of extrapolating.

The study which "proves" there are millions of illegals voting every year is a 2014 Old Dominion University study done using 32,000+ of whom, 339 claimed to be non-citizens (which right wingers like Geezer have modified to "illegals"). Of those 339 people, 38 purportedly claimed to have voted. Of those 38, they were to verify that five had voted.

So 5 people out of 32,000 were possibly verified to have voted illegally. Got it.

Using a sample pool of these 38 individuals they then extrapolated to claim that millions upon millions of non-citizens are voting every year. Remember: they were only able to ever verify five.

There's plenty of detail at the link to explain how easily the response is chalked up to reporting error. On a survey of about 100 questions, when close to 30,000 take part, a few are going to check the wrong box. I imagine this might happen even more often with people whose first language isn't english?

Comment

• Remember when Trump people like Spicer , Conway, and Lewandowski were referring to Paul Manafort as an 'unpaid volunteer' who was only around for a few months and had only the most minimal role in the campaign?

Can every unpaid volunteer that worked for the Trump campaign expect to have the President's personal legal team race to their defense?

A top lawyer for President Trump slammed the special counsel’s office over the FBI raid of former campaign manager Paul Manafort’s Virginia home, accusing investigators of committing a “gross abuse of the judicial process” for the sake of “shock value” – and employing tactics normally seen “in Russia not America.”
      Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; August 10, 2017, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• I'm not sure they should be talking up the unpaid part of Manafort's service, he was unpaid because he was on the Russian payroll. Nobody runs a campaign for free.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          It's a troll poll -- clickbait. A year ago I'm sure a convincing majority of Ds thought Obama should be able to serve a third term.
          Wishing Obama could serve a third term is a bit different than saying "I'm okay with Trump suspending elections until he deems it proper to restart them". And I think a lot of us, even some Republicans, would have gladly taken an Obama third term over Hillary-Donald. Mitch McConnell would certainly be happier right now.

But I concede the point...both polls show partisanship...

Comment

• Trump's choice to head Science at the USDA is a former talk show host with no scientific background who was a Birther and claimed in 2012 that Obama would soon make himself dictator and enslave his political opponents.

Sam Clovis, Donald Trump’s pick to be chief scientist for the Department of Agriculture, pushed unfounded theories about then-President Barack Obama’s upbringing and called then-Attorney General Eric Holder a “racist black,” a CNN KFile review of Clovis’s writings and radio broadcasts during 2012 and 2013 has found.

Comment

• He meets all of the qualifications then. He had him at Birther.

Comment

• Holy shit, how'd I miss that CNN fired Jeffrey Lord??

That said, I have to actually side with him a bit. Clearly he said "seig heil" in an ironic, mocking manner and got canned for that? He's said far worse, contributed nothing of value, and CNN loved him cuz he captured eyeballs

He was fired for tweeting ‘Sieg Heil.’ But Jeffrey Lord has been saying equally ‘indefensible’ things on CNN for a long time now.

Comment

• The law firm that was representing Manafort has dropped him as a client...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    Holy shit, how'd I miss that CNN fired Jeffrey Lord??

That said, I have to actually side with him a bit. Clearly he said "seig heil" in an ironic, mocking manner and got canned for that? He's said far worse, contributed nothing of value, and CNN loved him cuz he captured eyeballs

http://www.thedailybeast.com/the-8-w...-get-him-fired
                    He was terrible. Santorum is a far better rep for the administration.

Comment

• I'm a little surprised DSL hasn't posted about the poor Google employee who wanted to improve gender diversity, suggested ways to do so and was then fired in no small part because of 100% grade A shitty news reporting ("anti-diversity screed").

It goes along with the ludicrous firing of Lord. Sure, I would have never hired him and he was not particularly good. But the ostensible reason for his dismissal is just awful.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1r9_tgRgRk"]Bill Maher's Epic Rant on Political Correctness - January 27, 2017 | Real Time - YouTube[/ame]
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• That said, I should say that when you dare speak against the sacred cow of "diversity" and all it's nonsense -- especially in California! -- well, you get what you have coming. Gotta own the words. There is literally no way for a white male to say anything on diversity other than what the doublespeak folks want and you gotta recognize that.

So, I weep not for him -- certainly not any more than I do for someone like Colin Kaepernick who is also being forced to own his actions and words.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Am I allowed to think both of these are dumb?

A) I'm gonna kneel during the national anthem till racism goes away

B) I'm furious at that guy for kneeling during the national anthem!

On another note, we take it for granted that we sing the national anthem at sporting events but...why? It's sort of like if movie theaters all ran the anthem and the pledge of allegiance before the previews started.

I believe it started as a practice during WWI cuz PATRIOTISM but odd that it stuck with sports and not really anything else

Comment

• Its possible that our presidents’ latest episode of CrazyTalk, with this week’s special guest being the dictator of nuclear-armed North Korea, has overshadowed this latest crisis of PROG THOUGHT. Unfortunate, but this is the media-driven world we live in.

Damn MSM!!!!!1111

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                              Its possible that our presidents? latest episode of CrazyTalk, with this week?s special guest being the dictator of nuclear-armed North Korea, has overshadowed this latest crisis of PROG THOUGHT. Unfortunate, but this is the media-driven world we live in.

Damn MSM!!!!!1111
                              lol...

Comment

• Colin Kaepernick is being forced to own that he is an -at best- mediocre QB who wants a starting role and a contract to match. Sure, he was decent in 2014. He has made Brock Osweiler and Trevor Siemian look like Tom Bradys since then, though.

He would be a serviceable back-up if not for the distractions of the inevitable and constant rhubarbs of "THEY WON'T PLAY HIM BECAUSE OF RACISM!!!!" and his expectations of a starting QB's contract dollars.
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X