Clear All

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
    I voted for trumps agenda

tightening borders

trying to keep GDP at 3%

shoring up the military

simplifying tax code

unscrewing the middle class worker

he's done some of those things and is trying in other areas.........
    I can empathize.

At the same time, if your posts represent you and are a reflection of other well meaning Trump supporters, it is disappointing that the group that elected him didn't recognize the show stopping aspects of DJT's character and personality.

For those who were skeptical about his character, the appropriateness and viability of his platform, especially as it applied to the the exclusionary aspects of his immigration plank, the Trump presidency has turned out to be the disaster they figured out before they cast their vote it would be.

Probably the best of what the Trump presidency has brought for those who were looking for a change of direction away from supporting the "gimmycdats" and more towards a less governed "rugged individualists," has to do with the many Obama administrations's EOs that have been cancelled or re-written. A lot of this isn't being reported.

Some EOs dealing with the environment/CO2 emissions have either been cancelled or re-written. The direct impact of that has been increased stock prices in companies within segments of the US economy most negatively effected (as defined by profits) by these EOs.

Same with Dodd Frank and financials. Some of the provisions of this legislation have been weakened and there are those in this industry that believe this is a good thing. There are arguments for and against these actions on both sides but in general, Trump can claim some responsibility for improvements in the US economy as measured by standard means to do so.

IMO, the most dangerous things the Trump presidency has done are, one, relinquished the leadership role of the US on the world stage. Clearly, and for good reasons, his contemporaries across the globe view him as a buffoon, perhaps a dangerous one as evidenced by his public dialogue with Kim Jong-Un. Two, the inescapable view that the President of the United States, in the personage of Donald Trump, holds racist views has unleashed violent confrontations between extreme elements of both the left and the right. At the very least, his demeanor and pronouncements of the various subjects dealing with the issue of race has encouraged the most abhorrent characters to crawl out from under the rocks they previously resided for obviously divergent reasons.

So, as much as Trump supporters try to put lipstick on this pig, the more laughable their defense of him becomes. And make no mistake, I have said from the beginning, I am against impeachment; recently, I've become more aggravated with the politics of immobilization and isolation of him by both parties and the undeniable impairment of the wheels of governance. For me, there's nothing to do but hope that we'll make it through the next 3.5y without a black swan financial crash or a poorly thought out military operation that results in major disruptions in world trade.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post

I don't think you can date a black girl for 6 mos and be called a racist
      I'm curious as to why you think this is true? What is it about dating a black Woman that make you not a racist?
      Last edited by SeattleLionsFan; August 21, 2017, 04:05 PM. Reason: Cmon autocorrect!
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Wow, you took time to actually respond to that shit?

Maybe I was waiting for him to bring up his black friend.

Comment

• Comment

• I'm pretty sure that if you're an R then you're racist, crash. That's the way the game is played. Fuck all black chicks you want.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Huh...and here I was thinking that that the funny part was crash acting like 6 months was some kind of long-term relationship.

Comment

• I thought the funny part was crash's variation of 'I have had many black friends'.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• well we're all racist in some form or another

but taking the time to get to know a black girl--parading her out in public making out with her in a movie theatre kinda implies that you don't have an issue with the color of her skin

but talents point is well taken

btw 68 % of American including majority of blacks don't believe the confederate statues should be moved. but of course who wants to listen to the American people they don't know whats best for them do they

only 27 percent of people want the statues removed according to the NPR poll

Comment

• Plenty of non-racist R's out there, but if you want to keep dismissing honest conversation with glib denials, guess there's not much to do. I will say for the record that I disagree that consenting to be seen with a black woman during HS insulates you from racism. There are a number of black folk that have been seen around white people, and yet I hear all the time about how so and so is racist.

Interesting about the polling. If it is up to the people, let the people decide. Like they did in Charlottesville, New Orleans, and Maryland.

Comment

• Being seen in public is one thing, but willing to make out only in a darkened theater is #sad.

Some days you think we've come so far...

Comment

• What do you fellows think of this fellow Kessler? To me, if the reports are close to true, this is an Anarchist who is dangerous. IF he was involved with occupy-Wall Street, and with the white nationalists in Charlottesville, that is a special type of anarchism. You know, there is only a fine line between anarchism and libertarianism.

Not posted because I agree, just as a point of reference
                        . Sounds like dailywire is pretty alt-right.

Comment

• Jeff a lot of that executive-order stuff is complete nonsense though. One of the first regs he cancelled was one mandating transparency over the payments US extractives companies make to foreign governments. Exxon to the Nigerian govt, Newmont to the Indonesian one, etc. This idea originated in Dodd-Frank, and the oil industry in particular said it would put them at a competitive disadvantage. They were still making the same argument up until January, when Trump killed the regulation. Thing is, in that time the concept has become quite popular and there are copycat laws now in Canada and Europe. Exxon, Chevron and others have disclosed this information as a result of having their shares traded in stock exchanges there, and nothing adverse happened to their competitive abilities. Saying that passing the law in the US would put them at a competitive disadvantage is complete nonsense.

The failing of the media here is to swallow the ``global competitiveness'' argument. It's a bullshit argument, and media cannot be taken all that seriously as long as it fails to check the validity of these arguments. Corporations and politicians make the global competitiveness even when it's demonstrably untrue, and aren't called on it. It's no longer an immediate concern re tax reform, because this administration seemingly has no ability to walk and chew gum at the same time much less achieve something complex like that, but there could come a time when tax reform is posed as a way to become more globally competitive, and it will be important for individuals to have the ability to understand why this is complete nonsense.

Comment

• "Glib denials" and "honest conversation"

Lol. I understand. Admit to all accusations and concede all points.

Comment

• Thanks for proving my point.

Comment

• Any time. Just call me a racist and you'll win the internet.

Comment

Working...
                                X