No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You' re not bringing the floating bar? Many people will be disappointed ...
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Is mgoblog up and running? Last post I have been able to see is dated August 19th.

Comment

• Never mind!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
          You' re not bringing the floating bar? Many people will be disappointed ...

lol.. no. That is too long of a drive.
          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• AP_Top25: APNewsAlert: KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Person familiar with situation says UT coach Pat Summitt diagnosed with early onset dementia.
            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Sad news. She says, however, that she intends to keep coaching as long as the Good Lord will let her. While she's never been a favorite of mine as far as college coaches go, I wish her well in her battle.

Early Onset Dementia/Alzheimers is a disease that has claimed two people that I was close to. My best high school buddy Doug lost his dad years ago----I believe his dad was just 57 or 58 when diagnosed, and died at about age 63. He was a very intelligent man and a successful CPA before the onset of the disease, which quickly robbed him of his abilities.

Then a few years later, my Aunt Nancy was also diagnosed with Alzheimers, at the age of just 56. Aunt Nancy was one of the most talented, vibrant people I've ever known, among other things an accomplished pianist who could also play several other instruments at a very advanced level. My dear Uncle Bud, bless his heart, insisted on keeping her at home and caring for her himself, which probably prolonged her life several years beyond normal expectations until she passed a few years ago.

I heard that Coach Summit is just 59---much too young to be facing such an uncertain future.

Comment

• FWIW, I thought the scoreboards looked real good on TV. Not only that, but they appeared to work well in some very bad weather.

Comment

• In person, the video quality of the new scoreboards>>>>>>>>>>the old ones. I caught myself at times watching the game at The Big House on "TV" and had to remind myself that there was a game on the field I should be watching instead.

I didn't like, however, the lack of real-time game info on the big screens. It doesn't tell you the yard line of the line of scrimmage, and the down/ytg info was often way too slow in getting updated, a couple of times an entire play behind. I sure hope they make some adjustments and improvements.

Big Koodoos to the "A/V" dept. for posting the live radar shots on the big screens. While to the naked eye looking at the sky it appeared that they would be able to resume the game, those radar shots told the tale much better, and it was obvious the right call to call off the rest of the game. About 30 minutes after finally cancelling resumption, yet another round of strong storms, with high winds, more lightning, and much colder air came thru---in fact, windy enough to take down a couple of small trees over by Briarwood Mall while we were inside a nearby restaurant eating and waiting out the storm.
                  Last edited by Rob F; September 4, 2011, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• I suspect it was also positive that the screens held up agains some pretty good winds. Guess that means the concrete was dry, the steel (?) wasn't substandard, and the workers were not taking herbal medication.

Saw a picture on mgoblog of the radar on the screen. Pretty cool stuff.

Comment

• The image on the screen was great. But unless you wanted to stare at a close caption feed of the game, they were useless. I think there was more info on the old scoreboards from 1950.

They really need to rework how they display info. Honestly, they should have made them about 33% wider and used that space to display stats and stuff. Now they are either going to have to leave stats totally off or take up a big chunk of the game feed. Maybe they can zoom the feed down to a smaller-size in between plays, but that could be distracting.

Comment

• Brandon got some hate email on the lack of game stats on the new boards. His response was that the stat computer failed and there are still some software glitches (e.g, down and distance and where the ball is).

Said its going to be fixed before next weekend.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• friggin' computers
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• They need to just axe the close-captioning and use that space for stats. Not that I don't feel for the hearing impaired, but it is done so horribly that it seems useless. The close-captioning must be using voice-recognition software, and it just isn't working. It spits out gobbletygook about 50% of the time.

Comment

• The stats were supposed to be there. As Dad mentioned, there was a glitch in the program that prevented them from being up there. They'll be back. It's a work in progress.

Sound familiar?

Comment

• Heh. Just saw this for the first time. Skip forward to 8:50 for the best part.

[youtube]ghmVNwEyK-I[/youtube]

Comment

Working...
                                X