No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the Columbia 12 albums for a penny deal, I had ALL the albums.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      ELO was great until they put out that Kilroy album with Mr. Roboto
      Heh.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
        Now I Can't Get It Out of My Head

Yeah. Earworm warning.

Comment

• "Honey, it's Christmas, and the kids want to dance. Let's put on this Jackie Gleason album I got through Columbia House! Better yet: AL JOLSON!"

Sorry. I've been drinking too.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
            Yeah. Earworm warning.
            It's a Strange Magic
            Atlanta, GA

Comment

• I think I was turned off to ELO in 1976 or so when they had a two concerts on back to back nights on Cobo Hall and they were exactly the same length.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Lynne is best experienced from the recording studio.
                Atlanta, GA

Comment

• ELO is either oppressive if I'm not in the mood or ABSOLUTELY PERFECT when I am.

Comment

• ELO is not my fav. Much prefer Credence, Marshall Tucker, Nitty Gritty, Skynyrd, Allman Bros, and few others of that ilk from a few years before ELO got famous.

ELO is like Boston, Kansas, ARS, Styx, and a few others that have a few tunes I really like and the rest I don't hate, but wouldn't go out of my way to listen to.

Comment

• Lynne was kind of "the other guy" for me in the Traveling Wilburys (who wouldn't be next to Orbison, Harrison, Dylan and Petty). Best supergroup ever.

I Did an ELO deep dive some years later and gained appreciation.

Can you believe ELO was not in the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame until just this year?
                      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Meh
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                          Meh
                          Don't Bring Me Down
                          Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Lynne belongs, IMO.

I wouldn't hold out much hope for the Creedence.

Comment

• Rush got in, so anything is possible

Comment

• no Warren Zevon is the real crime.
                                Atlanta, GA

Comment

Working...
                                X