No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw Joe Cocker in London in 2013. He was great. One of the best live performances I had ever seen. So often, the live pales in comparison to the recorded stuff (and for a good reason).

But him and Melody Gardot are every bit as good.

Anyway, that was Cocker's last UK performance. He died about a year later.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• We need more bands ripping off from the Beatles. The whole ripping off thing is silly, of course you are ripping off people, that's the point!

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
        ELO was often compared to The Beatles, and they were often criticised for "ripping off" the band. Lynne admitted that he "was very influenced by the Beatles'
        Absolutely. When they formed, a stated mission was to be the "new Beatles."
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• ELO is trash but, not as trash as that dude who ducked out on the bet. Proabably an Auburn fan.
          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I had this kid 22 years old work for me this summer and driving me around. First day he picked me up listening to Pink Floyd - I was thinking he just did it for me to listen, but after a few weeks he had The Beatles station on for 2 weeks (all day). lol I must of had 30 questions a day. - Who's sings this song? Who wrote this one? Why didn't Gorge sing more? ect ...And why the Fuck didn't they get a better drummer than Ringo? (true story) He just went back to school at Wayne state last week.

Comment

• Better drummer than Ringo? Ringo was the perfect drummer for the Beatles.

Comment

• yep
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Yea it was so funny though when he asked me that, not knowing nothing about the band but only for a few days. He picked me up one day and said there was a song by John with his wife (?) (Yoko) just screaming! I miss that kid, he will be back with me though.

Comment

• He must have watched Yokos screaming on YouTube. Would watch YouTube and Netflix waiting on me, (in the car) glad his ears were not bleeding when I got back in.

Comment

• Yeah Lennon had a decent output post Beatles but although the Beatles were more his band than Paul's band it was obvious he leaned on Paul and George Martin than the other way around. The Yoko stuff is an indulgence.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                        What you like, Oracle?
                        Everything but country, but you people are bringing up shit from back in the day I've never seen. Get real here. Shiiiiit.

Comment

• So, you like everything but country and classic rock like Credence? Your stuff needs to be newer? You're into things like "despacito" or something by Bruno Mars or Taylor Swift or whatever?

Comment

• I think that's correct. By "everything" "The" Oracle means pop hits from 2007-present.

That said, ELO is hot fucking donkey shit. Dear god. They're almost as unlistenable as Canada's shame.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Canada's shame. Heh. Nothing is as bad as Rush. Nothing.

Comment

• When you consider the magnitude of Canadian shame exportation, it's remarkable that a single act so clearly sits atop that prolific heap of humiliation.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X