Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Wait, is SLF still all about you are whatever sex you think you are the silliness of arbitrary rules separating the sexes? Cool.
    Nope. Just pointing out outrage from the right wing outrage machine.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/910231408563638272[/ame]

Ahhh, so the problem is...Trump's being advised by people who don't know what insurance is...

Comment

• On a more serious note, it could take Puerto Rico a decade or more to recover from this

Scary videos out of Mexico City as well
        Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; September 19, 2017, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• Have a friend living in St. Croix, hope she makes it out unscathed. Heading right for her.

Comment

• hurricane season only 1/2 way over

Comment

• I rode out Hurricane Ivan on the Gulf Coast several years back. It was very stupid of me. Growing up in NOLA, dad always took us inland a couple of hundred miles when a hurricane was due to hit the area (I was too young to fully grasp what Camille did).

After my ridiculous stunt with Ivan, I saw why he left. As long as I am fortunate enough to have the financial resources to leave a hurricane, I will, if I am within 100 miles or so of the coast.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I wish you had kayaked to Puerto Rico this week.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Oh, look who is mimicking the "mighty" hedgehog.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Quotes around mighty never get old. Turns milquetoast wizardry into passable sass.

Comment

• Wizard is the mind-killer. Wizard is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face Wizard. I will permit it to stfu me and fart noise me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where Wizard has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Comment

• quotes around milquetoast wizardry never get old

Comment

• Wizard is the mind-killer. Wizard is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face Wizard. I will permit it to stfu me and fart noise me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where Wizard has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
                          Is that from the Federalist Papers? Can't recall. Probably because it's one those half-assed John Jay rants of incoherency that portended the horrors of that incomprehensible Irish layabout Joyce.

Comment

• I'm not sure who should be the most insulted, John Jay, Frank Herbert, or Wiz.

I'm going with Wiz.

Comment

• interesting questions

This week CNN is reporting more details on the Obama Administration’s 2016 surveillance of people connected to the presidential campaign of the party out of power. It seems that once President Obama’s appointee to run the FBI, James Comey, had secured authorization for wiretapping, the bureau continued its surveillance into 2017. CNN reports:
                              US investigators wiretapped former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort under secret court orders before and after the election, sources tell CNN, an extraordinary step involving a high-ranking campaign official now at the center of the Russia meddling probe.
                              The government snooping continued into early this year, including a period when Manafort was known to talk to President Donald Trump.
                              Some of the intelligence collected includes communications that sparked concerns among investigators that Manafort had encouraged the Russians to help with the campaign, according to three sources familiar with the investigation. Two of these sources, however, cautioned that the evidence is not conclusive.
                              This means the wiretapping was authorized more than ten months ago and perhaps more than a year ago. It was presumably a tough decision for a judge to issue a secret warrant under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, enabling the administration to spy on someone connected with the presidential campaign of its political adversaries.
                              Last edited by crashcourse; September 20, 2017, 08:42 AM.

Comment

• Trump: I was "wire tapped"
                                CNN: Haha. That idiot @realDonaldTrump thinks he was wiretapped.
                                ..Six months later..
                                CNN: Trump was wiretapped
                                — Julian Assange �� (@JulianAssange)

Comment

Working...
                                X