Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
    Also, the hillbilly Pittsburgh FIRE CHiEF that called Tomlin a N***** in his wackjob rant can go fuck himself. Doesnt he know the 60s are over and racism is dead?
    Completely disgusting.

Obviously Racism isn't only a southern thing.
    Atlanta, GA

Comment

NFL ratings were up this weekend.
      Huh?

In metered market numbers, the primetime matchup that saw the Washington Redskins beat the Oakland Raiders 27-10 snared an 11.6/20, the worst SNF has performed this season so far. It’s an 8% dip from the early numbers of last week’s game, Atlanta’s 34-23 win over Green Bay. Amid cheers and boos from fans at FedEx Field in Maryland last night, the third week of the SNF season declined 10% from early numbers of the comparable game of last year on September 25, 2016.
      NFL ratings are down double-digits this season so far after taking a similar tackle-for-loss last year. Add to that, Sunday’s game was the worst a Week 3 SNF has done in 11-years.
      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• That's the problem of releasing ratings before the cowboys play. After MNF, they were up 3%, MNF itself was up 63% because last year fell on a debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
          Completely disgusting.

Rural. Flyover. The Forgotten. I Iived it.

Comment

Rural.
            This most of all. Rural Michigan no less than rural Alabama (for instance)
            Atlanta, GA

Comment

That's the problem of releasing ratings before the cowboys play. After MNF, they were up 3%, MNF itself was up 63% because last year fell on a debate.
              Perhaps MNF was the outlier if the rest of the ratings are down?

Nah.
              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Well the cowboys are the biggest draw, by far, so doesn't make sense to release them before they play.

A million different factors play a part in ratings, including the amount of non competitive games the first 2 weeks. Blowouts everywhere. People "protesting" because of the anthem and patting themselves on the back is ignorant. Won't matter in the long run a bit.

Comment

Absolutely not.

Comment

Completely disgusting.

Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                    Rural. Flyover. The Forgotten. I Iived it.
                    Originally posted by whodean View Post
                    Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                    Absolutely not.
                    Yep. My wife is from North Carolina. She used to get mad at me when I would talk about dumbass redncecks because she thought I was only referring to people from the South. Then she met some of my friends from Western Michigan.

I told her there are ignorant rednecks everywhere. The only difference in them is the accent.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

A million different factors play a part in ratings
                      Now this is true. The NFL has a ratings problem in general with many root causes.
                      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• many in America don't want to go to see U2 or Pink floyd and listen to bono or waters political views--same goes with football.
                        same goes with LeBron james and his comment of how he doesn't respect the president--he has the right to say stuff like that but I sure as hell have no interest in watching anything cavailier related this year

see what happens

but trump needs to learn when to quit throwing gas on a fire that was going out anyway

Comment

• Ignorance is bliss
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                            many in America don't want to go to see U2 or Pink floyd and listen to bono or waters political views--same goes with football.
                            same goes with LeBron james and his comment of how he doesn't respect the president--he has the right to say stuff like that but I sure as hell have no interest in watching anything cavailier related this year

see what happens

but trump needs to learn when to quit throwing gas on a fire that was going out anyway
                            Gonna go out on a limb and say you're not the demographic the NBA really gives a shit about.

Comment

• Ha!

Comment

• The Governor of Puerto Rico:

First of all, we are very grateful for the administration. They have responded quickly. The president has been very attentive to the situation, personally calling me several times. FEMA and the FEMA director have been here in Puerto Rico twice. As a matter of fact, they were here with us today, making sure that all the resources in FEMA were working in conjunction with the central government. We have been working together. We have been getting results. The magnitude of this catastrophe is enormous. This is going to take a lot of help, a lot of collaboration. So, my call is to congressmen and congresswomen to take action quickly and conclusively with an aid package for Puerto Rico.
                                The Mayor of San Juan has also praised FEMA.

The Governor and other PR officials praised the federal government for planning its response in detail before the storm hit.

Watching the Ds try to turn this catastrophe into political points is appalling and, yet, so predictable. Maybe they should talk to PRs first. Facts are a bitch.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X