No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• with the amount of shared tech and likely some classified tech at that ---interesting we are going to start sharing with them and they with us

moeller has to be made aware of this
    fokkin trump

Comment

• EFZ
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• (belch)

Hey there, dipshits!

Comment

• So it appears that The Dons tax cuts would increase my tax bill $1500 PER MONTH. At the same time it would cut his tax bill by 26 Million (at least for the one year we have any info about.). It would also lower his tax rate to 25%. Of course, it would also save his kids $4,000,000,000 when he dies.

All while increasing the deficit! Sounds like a real winner to me!
          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Yeah, it would fuck us over too, if the things we itemize are taken away.
            Atlanta, GA

Comment

• 10-year-old students called names after reciting Pledge of Allegiance in class

Two students at a metro Atlanta elementary school say they were singled out for what they did during the Pledge of Allegiance.

Tuesday morning at Orrs Elementary School, 10-year-old Jason Newberry said he and one classmate put their hand over their heart while reciting the Pledge of Allegiance. He said when they did, others in the class called them names.

"Me and him got called KKK, Nazi, and we just kept getting bullied the whole day," said Newberry.

Newberry said it wasn't until his second period teacher showed them a news clip of NFL players kneeling that he realized the present controversy surrounding the flag.

The teacher made a poll on paper and passed it out to all the students to see what they thought was right or wrong about taking a knee. The teacher even told students that she would never stand for the Pledge of Allegiance and that if she did stand she would not really mean it.
              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• For the record, I am fine being fucked over, but not so that the uber rich can take advantage of me.
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                  (belch)

Hey there, dipshits!
                  I've never been more proud of you Hoss...nice work...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• More from your article, Who:

In a letter sent home to parents Wednesday, they teacher wrote the following:
                    I apologize for expressing my views to my students. I recognize that while this was not a one-sided lesson, the topic itself and the expression of my views were not appropriate, my intentions were
                    That's something at least, but still, need to tread carefully at that age, there's a fine line between showing both sides and pushing one over the other.

The kids who did the bullying need to be addressed though. Need to nip that in the bud.

Comment

• At my daughters school two different teachers yanked a kid out if his desk when he wouldn't stand for the pledge. I can't wait until this dies down. Lou Whitaker and Chet Lemon didn't stand for the anthem and the republic survived.

Comment

• As a kid in school if we acted up during the pledge we got smacked. Need more smacking going on. Fucking pussy ass society.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I have friends who have family in PR. While things are not good, the point of hammering on the Trump administration is past.

I'm hearing, second had of course, from people on the ground in PR. DOD is engaged and it appears that significant military support, in terms of evac transport and resupply as well as distribution logistics is being executed to the extent possible and engineering support is arriving to aid in that endeavor.

The LtGen in charge of the DOD operation (and I'm not sure how this is coordinated with FEMA) is named Jeff Buchanan; no kidding, it's not me but he sure as shit has a great name!

I'm optimistic short term for life and limb. But the road to recovery for PR is going to be a long one. The silver lining is that I don't think there is any question that the right folks will put their heads together to produce a favorable growth environment for PR that is a a whole lot better than what it was prior to the Hurricane.

I'm seeing this in the BVI and St. Martin. There is a ton of money to be made there. The cruise lines know this and are pouring money and aid in to rebuild port facilities. The government there recognizes the need for easing barriers, including work restrictions, to immigrants looking for work who posses the requisite skills to rebuild stuff .... tradesmen, electricians, carpenters. Immigration for job seekers was, in the past, very restrictive. There is all kinds of work opportunities right now in the construction trades and money is going to start flowing to pay those workers. I'm guessing from sources I'm following that over $5 million has been raised through private donations. Sir Richard Branson of Virgin, who developed a place on Virgin Gorda has pledged another $L2million. Time Duncan - and I think that is the basketball guy - raised over $2 Million in private donation in 8d. There will be insurance proceeds. There is already L$3m and more to come from the UK government.

While the BVi is a much smaller, the path forward for PR and the USVI is pretty clear. Suspend restrictive regulation, promote easy money for investment and rebuilding for the small business owners who run restaurants, bars and hotels and encourage/incentivize corporate relocation to PR to spur job growth.
                          Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; September 28, 2017, 07:55 PM.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Good news Jeff

Comment

• Goes exactly with the few people I know in peurto rico. Seems their own governor is out of touch if he's to be taken at his word. Debatable.

Comment

• The two families here in the US that I know who have family members in PR and that I am speaking with (yes, sample size of two but eyeballs on the ground, not filtered through the press) say this:

(1) If you are living in rural PR - and that means generally 50m outside San Juan, PR proper, fuel, fresh drinking water and aid supplies are scarce and the further out you go the worse it gets. Security is questionable and if you have something bad guys want, the risk of them taking it is high. The PR road system to begin with (and I've driven them) outside of Metro SJ is not great; dirt roads are not at all uncommon. Moreover, they are littered with debris from the storm. Some of these roads and bridges have been washed away. i.e., the logistics of getting stuff to outlying areas is hard and requires a lot of engineering support to clear roads and make them passable for fuel, water, food and aid to be delivered

(2) If you live in metro SJ, structural damage to apartments and homes (roofs and windows) is severe, there is no power, fuel of all types is in short supply because it's not being delivered; same with food. Trucks aren't moving because of the fuel issue. Security is not any worse than it was before the storm which is to say its ok but be careful where you go at night. The roads within metro SJ are ok and all that needs to be done is get debris off them.

At this point, I think the US administration has gotten the ball rolling and done what it can through FEMA and DOD although the lack of planning for a disaster of this scope, given the location of PR and USVI in the Hurricane belt, is troubling .... but that's hindsight.

My guess is that we'll see good news from unbiased observers on the ground going forward. The press has had it's say in hammering the US administration, justifiably so in some instances. But good news, which the press doesn't usually report, will outweigh the bad and therefor the news cycle will cause a dwindling amount of hair on fire negativity.
                                Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; September 29, 2017, 09:01 AM.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X