No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is sad is I automatically look at the which news outlet is reporting and know the slant...

Reality is when you provide aid there will be varying degrees of happiness. Aide or even volunteer work is not perfect and you can't be perfect. Whatever story you want, you can find.

My guess is along the lines of Jeff.. they started too slow, were disorganized but things are getting better and lives will be improved. There is room for improvement.. (but realistically, there is room in everything we do..)
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
      So it appears that The Dons tax cuts would increase my tax bill $1500 PER MONTH. At the same time it would cut his tax bill by 26 Million (at least for the one year we have any info about.). It would also lower his tax rate to 25%. Of course, it would also save his kids $4,000,000,000 when he dies.

All while increasing the deficit! Sounds like a real winner to me!
      that's 18K a year

you still get your interest and charities to write off--though it probably doesn't matter you cant get past 24K so you have to take the standard deduction

you raise your exemption from 12k to 24 K--regardless for you to pay 18K a year extra you have to be in the 35% bracket making over 300K a year

heres the article I found of a typical middle classeer and yep they get a bigger bill

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/tax-plan-impact-mystery-middle-class-not-trump-n805331

Comment

• I think I need to smack crash and ent around...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
          what is sad is I automatically look at the which news outlet is reporting and know the slant...

Reality is when you provide aid there will be varying degrees of happiness.
          Aide or even volunteer work is not perfect and you can't be perfect. Whatever story you want, you can find.

My guess is along the lines of Jeff.. they started too slow, were disorganized but things are getting better and lives will be improved. There is room for improvement.. (but realistically, there is room in everything we do..)
          Exactly. People were given trailers to live in after Katrina. GIVEN. And there was widespread bitching about their FREE trailers.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
            that's 18K a year

you still get your interest and charities to write off--though it probably doesn't matter you cant get past 24K so you have to take the standard deduction

you raise your exemption from 12k to 24 K--regardless for you to pay 18K a year extra you have to be in the 35% bracket making over 300K a year

heres the article I found of a typical middle classeer and yep they get a bigger bill

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...-trump-n805331
            thanks Crash.. I like the deductions ideas and the simplifying of levels. If I quickly skimmed the article correctly, having a deduction max for the wealthy so they can't remove taxes completely is also a good idea. I also like the reduction of inheritance taxes, but I'd like to see that more globally instead of just at those dollar amounts.

what I don't like is the 3 levels.. 7 was too many, but maybe 4 or 5 would be better. Huge difference in what people can afford. I also not sure the top tax bracket needs to be lowered. Something I wouldn't touch if I was the R's.

Comment

• Good sleuthing skills crash. My wife and I are both lawyers and are doing ok. *knock wood*

Like I said, we don't mind paying extra taxes, but not so that the truly rich can pay less.
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                thanks Crash.. I like the deductions ideas and the simplifying of levels. If I quickly skimmed the article correctly, having a deduction max for the wealthy so they can't remove taxes completely is also a good idea. I also like the reduction of inheritance taxes, but I'd like to see that more globally instead of just at those dollar amounts.

what I don't like is the 3 levels.. 7 was too many, but maybe 4 or 5 would be better. Huge difference in what people can afford. I also not sure the top tax bracket needs to be lowered. Something I wouldn't touch if I was the R's.
                I'm confused what you mean by deduction maximum? I haven't seen anything to create a deduction maximum. Also, I think it does away with estate taxes altogether. The 5.5M threshold is already in place. No estate worth less than 5.5M pays estate taxes now.

Personally I think the simplifying of levels is needless. People already just look up what they owe in the tax tables, it doesn't matter if there is one or 8000 levels.
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• seat... My inlaws paid a lot of taxes in inheriting land that was not worth 5.5M. I realize they said estate taxes, but I was talking about a reduction in all inheritance taxes. So basically the ubber rich are getting a benefit while others still others still pay the same inheritance tax. I'd adjust inheritance tax across the board. Though in general, I'm for promoting savings and I'm fine with that reduction.

Also.. again, skimmed the article while walking, but I thought there was a point about reducing your tax liability to nothing and eliminating the ability to do so. A deduction max is what I called it. Did I misread?

Comment

• Ubber rich? Did you really mean udder rich?

Comment

• I've never lived on a dairy farm... but my urban slang is on point.

Comment

• Here ya go Ent...some udders to be proud of...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Wiz,

Please start re-sizing your pics.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I agree. They're too small for my phone.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Don't encourage him, Talent.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                                Wiz,

Please start re-sizing your pics.

...what is "pics" a euphemism for there big guy? I'm not sure I'm comfortable with your request...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X