No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nobody said it's ``like'' any other sport. Soccer has a better claim to the whole ``world's sport'' title than any other, no question about it. Why is that? Surely there is more than one reason, and amongst them is a pretty clear correlation that holds for more than just soccer. ``Marketplace of ideas'' suggests a more conscious choice than is the actual reality. Whilst I appreciate your timeline-based suggestion, the bottom line is that the colonizers influence the colonized. Is true. The rest is a matter of degree, and at that point, for me, whatever.

Comment

• Onward. In especially OT sports, I would like to take up a collection to buy me a Dogma 65.1 bike, though I'll also take an F8. Thanks in advance for your support!
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• When it comes to having a lowest common denominator appeal, soccer definitely runs circles around football or baseball. That's not really saying much though.

Comment

• You can have a quarter from me to spend on your own very butch Columbus Crew scarf. Anyone else wanna pitch in?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
            When it comes to having a lowest common denominator appeal, soccer definitely runs circles around football or baseball. That's not really saying much though.
            No idea what to do with that other to note that it's fairly retarded and definitely gay.

Comment

• I reckon I'm still roughly $12K short. Thanks for nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                No idea what to do with that other to note that it's fairly retarded and definitely gay.
                Just pointing out that being immensely popular can have more to do with being being simple and/or cheap than being inherently good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  I reckon I'm still roughly $12K short. Thanks for nothing.
                  Shouldn't you be pricing that in euros, or whatever it is they use over there? (Those scarce few of them that have any actually money, I mean.)

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    Onward. In especially OT sports, I would like to take up a collection to buy me a Dogma 65.1 bike, though I'll also take an F8. Thanks in advance for your support!
                    Since you like high end bikes, are you interested in CAT racing bikes from Switzerland? I've known the company owner's wife for 20 years. If you're willing to spend the big bucks and travel to Switzerland to have the bike custom built to your body, let me know. Seriously.
                    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• No Country for Old Men is one great movie.

Just not turning on sport center right now, ESPN is NOT jamming soccer down my throat!

Comment

• I rank Soccer slightly below the "Land Divers" of Pentecost Island, Vanuatu & slightly above the Mad Yak Racers of Qinghai Province.

?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Since you like high end bikes, are you interested in CAT racing bikes from Switzerland? I've known the company owner's wife for 20 years. If you're willing to spend the big bucks and travel to Switzerland to have the bike custom built to your body, let me know. Seriously.
                          That would be spectacular, but it would require a divorce. I'm filing that away, though, if I should ever come into a bunch of money. For now, my R3 will do and I'll focus on getting a wheelset upgrade.

Comment

• LOL. That's how it's done.

Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
                            I rank Soccer slightly below the "Land Divers" of Pentecost Island, Vanuatu & slightly above the Mad Yak Racers of Qinghai Province.

Comment

• LOL..

Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Stay classy Hope

NY Daily News:

Hope Solo’s nephew used BB gun to stop booze-fueled assault: report

Two-time Olympic soccer gold medalist Hope Solo got sprung from jail Monday, as it was revealed she allegedly punched her teen nephew while he tried to fend her off with a BB gun.

The 32-year-old goalie, busted for assaulting her sister and nephew Saturday, was freed without bail and ordered by a judge to stay away from booze.

She drunkenly barged into her 17-year-old relative’s Seattle-area home, told the teen he’s “too fat and crazy” to become a pro athlete and punched him, the boy stated in court documents, TMZ reported. She also called him “a p---y.”

He said he “went into a back room and got an old gun that does not work, pointed it at her and she kept coming at me.”

Solo was also ordered not to have contact with her sister and her nephew. Her next court appearance is Aug. 11
                                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X