X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
    Hack is a closet American.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    You won't talk me out of this closet unless you can assure me that Wiz is not standing right on the other side in the ready position. It smells like he is.

Sent from my closet using none of your damn business

Comment

• I do disagree with the "as high as possible" line. I'd probably phrase it as "sufficient to realize the premium location" or some such thing.

I could go for that. And, fair enough. Risk/reward.

Comment

• Over the past 24 hours, President Donald Trump has taken two actions aimed at mortally wounding the Affordable Care Act.
        Last edited by crashcourse; October 13, 2017, 09:46 AM.

Comment

• The Affordable Care Act will still leave 'between 29 million and 31 million' nonelderly Americans without medical insurance by 2025, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

50K every person what a joke

leave it to the govt to quadruple the cost of medical care

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
            http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...et-report.html

50K every person what a joke

leave it to the govt to quadruple the cost of medical care
            Putting aside the substance, what conservative website directed you to this 3 year old link to a Rupert-Murdoch owned tabloid? Drudge? Breitbart?

Comment

• Hahaha
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Trump's EO in favor of insurance companies is going to kill the ACA's Insurance exchanges. After all the finagling within Congress to get them set up and functional they still did not serve the American health care consumer well. So, I can't weep for them.

The problem is that with the EO rates are going to go up. I've not seen any reasonable estimates of how much by unbiased parties. Those will come.

If I din't think DJT was a blithering idiot and the concept of signing this EO and the consequences of doing so well thought out, I could see it as a step to forcing Congress to actually grapple with the fundamental problems in the US Health Care System and that is skyrocketing costs.

There are a lot ways to control these without dreaded Federal cost control measures. There are ways to avoid the down side of single payer systems. But, IMO, it's just not worth it to get all lathered up about it because it's not likely any of that will be seriously looked into.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• What they pay in Ireland is deducted from what they'll pay here. No double taxation.

But there is no money overseas that actually isn't functionally already in the US economy. The overseas holdings are mostly in US bonds anyways; there will be no net addition of money. If companies wanted to invest they can sell bonds at less than a quarter of the cost of repatriation at a one-time lowered rate. They're not investing because there's no opportunities, and repatriation won't change that.
                  ... but, in truth, the US government is elected to represent its citizens, and not its corporations. ...Taxes rates for corps should be as high as possible WITHOUT DISTORTING THE ECONOMY, including discouraging investment. They are not discouraging investment now. There is no other jurisdiction to which US firms can move and get a better deal.
                  Back to back posts saying exactly the opposite thing. Amazing.

1. We are dealing with corporate taxation in this discussion. US corporations get a $ $100,000 exemption from repatriated profits. All the profit after the $ 100,000 is fully taxed in say Ireland, and fully taxed in the US when repatriated. Individuals do not have double taxation on foreign earned income, and, while that may be true for you as an individual, it is not true for corporations.

One unique aspect of the United States’ taxA tax is a mandatory payment or charge collected by local, state, and national governments from individuals or businesses to cover the costs of general government services, goods, and activities. code is that it taxes the income of all its citizens no matter where they live. In recent […]

2. Corporations are an artifice designed to pool capital. The SC has said they are persons. Your continuous railing against corporations just shows your Marxist ideology. If something goes wrong (like the Weinstein Company) don't blame the tool (heh), blame the humans who are misusing the tool.

3. Eritrea is the only other country on the planet using a non-territorial system. Mea Culpa.
                  Last edited by Da Geezer; October 13, 2017, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Incorrect. They do not pay tax twice on the same income in any country with which there is a double-taxation treaty. Here's a list of countries with which the US has signed
                    a double-taxation treaty. Ireland's on it. https://www.irs.gov/businesses/inter...reaties-a-to-z. Like I said, there are areas of this in which you know your shit and I don't, and areas in which I know my shit and you don't.

The SC has said they are persons. Your continuous railing against corporations just shows your Marxist ideology.

I think any sane person can spot the difference between a homo sapien and a legal entity that is something other than a carbon-based lifeform. THEY DON'T EVEN USE CARBON PAPER ANYMORE.

Comment

• The posts don't contradict each other. Just because money isn't physically located in the US doesn't mean it can't be practically put to use there. You can go look on Apple's balance sheet and see for yourself that the money it holds overseas and out of the reach of the IRS is invested in corporate bonds, t-bills, and other government securities. It's already invested here. There will be no new economic activity created in the way Trump and the GOP say it will. Even if they only taxed it at 5% -- half the rate Trump proposed -- that's still a more expensive way to fund an investment than selling bonds at 2-4%. There will be no new economic activity because overseas cash is repatriated.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                        You won't talk me out of this closet unless you can assure me that Wiz is not standing right on the other side in the ready position. It smells like he is.

Sent from my closet using none of your damn business
                        :::lurking:::
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It is small business that gets hammered by the corporate tax rate, not so much big business. If you want to reduce the overall corp tax rate, that's fine, I'm good with that. But also implement a minimum tax. There is absolutely no reason that companies with mega billion dollar income streams (like GE) pay zero corporate taxes and Joe Shmuck has to write a check every April.
                          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• It is small business that gets hammered by the corporate tax rate, not so much big business

EF-Fucking-Z
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I think everyone agrees that changes would be great to reduce the role of the highest-paid accountants that only the largest corps and richest people can afford. Save for those corps and at least some of those people. Warren Buffett's on the right side of this.

Comment

• The Oracle of Omaha...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X