No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is no doubt there are many cases of depraved fucks doing awful things. I shed no tears for their deaths. I don't like the state killing people though. Especially since the system is made of humans and therefore flawed.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
      There is no doubt there are many cases of depraved fucks doing awful things. I shed no tears for their deaths. I don't like the state killing people though. Especially since the system is made of humans and therefore flawed.
      It's why I only support it when there is no doubt to someone's guilt.

Those parents for example... they knew their baby was in the swing, it's rotting body was stinking up the home for a week. That life was their responsibility.

They are guilty. There is no mistake. There is no doubt. There is no flaw.

They deserve to be executed... once convicted that is.

Comment

• Which is ultimately the deciding factor for me. That, and Ol Sparky in Florida. When it didn't work right one time in the late 90s, some state legislator said, basically, "doesn't matter how we do it but the important thing is to keep killing people."

This isn't a responsibility we are equipped to have.

Comment

• STFU
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
              It's why I only support it when there is no doubt to someone's guilt.

Those parents for example... they knew their baby was in the swing, it's rotting body was stinking up the home for a week. That life was their responsibility.

They are guilty. There is no mistake. There is no doubt. There is no flaw.

They deserve to be executed... once convicted that is.
              Of course there is some question of someone's guilt. We are humans and humans make mistakes all the time.
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                Of course there is some question of someone's guilt. We are humans and humans make mistakes all the time.
                Sometimes there is no question. Plenty of examples, like the act being caught on film. I understand that mistakes have been made, which is why any questionable circumstances shouldn't be up for the death penalty. I believe the terms is dead to rights.

Comment

• I wish I didn't click on that link or read that story...
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                    I wish I didn't click on that link or read that story...
                    yep. It's still bothering me, and I can't tell any of my coworkers. I dare not say anything to my wife about it, so I am going to have to eat this one by myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                      I know you were. We had argued about it years ago. Coming up on our 20th anniversary, sweetheart. Get me something nice.

I still find it remarkable that you used to be a shade to the left of DSL; now I am a shade (or three) left of you.
                      Twenty years of living in rustbucket Ohio....like spending two decades next door to the Springfield Power Plant, it has adverse effects.

Comment

• Sometimes there is no question
                        Correct. IMO that is the case more often than not. The couple in Iowa -- it's hard to imagine there being a question. They can both rot in fucking hell as expeditiously as possible.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• SLF:
                          I don't like the state killing people though. Especially since the system is made of humans and therefore flawed.
                          hack:
                          Which is ultimately the deciding factor for me. That, and Ol Sparky in Florida. When it didn't work right one time in the late 90s, some state legislator said, basically, "doesn't matter how we do it but the important thing is to keep killing people."

This isn't a responsibility we are equipped to have.
                          I'm against the death penalty, for the above reasons. I'm old enough to remember when DNA testing first came out and scores of persons on death row turned out to be innocent.

But I find it interesting that two of the most progressive voices here have no reservations when handing great power to bureaucrats. If people are unequipped to handle executions, how are they better equipped to determine whether the plug should be pulled on a dying person? The ACA contained a provision for what has become known as "death panels" as a cost containment matter. What makes these functionaries of the State less susceptible to human error?

It also seems to me that if you are pro-life (as I am), you should avoid situational ethics and favor life in cases like the death penalty.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                            Wisconsin ran 52 Voter ID ads, but zero in Milwaukee where 70% of the entire state's AA live.

RACISM IZ DED THO!!!
                            where do you come up with shit like that

trump won by 23,000 plus votes

So 23,000 blacks in Milwaukee could have made it to the coming attractions watched the ID ad then Mother earth would be dealing with Hillary not DJT!

somebody tell Mueller!

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                              SLF:

hack:

I'm against the death penalty, for the above reasons. I'm old enough to remember when DNA testing first came out and scores of persons on death row turned out to be innocent.

But I find it interesting that two of the most progressive voices here have no reservations when handing great power to bureaucrats. If people are unequipped to handle executions, how are they better equipped to determine whether the plug should be pulled on a dying person? The ACA contained a provision for what has become known as "death panels" as a cost containment matter. What makes these functionaries of the State less susceptible to human error?

It also seems to me that if you are pro-life (as I am), you should avoid situational ethics and favor life in cases like the death penalty.
                              Point taken. My own thought is that nobody applies every principle with 100% fealty 100% of the time. You're pro-life? My belief in reproductive freedom I guess doesn't put make me a libertarian, but it certainly fits with the theme.

I think this is appropriate. Rarely is what's right most of the time right all of the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                                yep. It's still bothering me, and I can't tell any of my coworkers. I dare not say anything to my wife about it, so I am going to have to eat this one by myself.
                                Calm the fuck down; shit happens. At least swings are fun. They could have left it sitting at a desk.

Comment

Working...
                                X