No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the govt shuts down on Dec. 8 it'll be the first govt shutdown when the same Party controls the WH , the House, and the Senate.

But of course, it will be the fault of Democrats if it happens. Even though the Republicans can literally pass a bill without a single Dem vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      Anyone have a way around the WSJ paywall? Kinda want to read their new story on Flynn and his promotion of a nuclear plant deal in the Middle East that would have possibly benefited himself and most definitely a bunch of former business partners. He got as far as drafting a proposal for Trump to sign

There's a summary below but the actual story would be better

Flynn's lawyer (who cut off all communication with Trump's lawyers) met with the Mueller team yesterday.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/micha...ry?id=51412187
      It's pretty cheap, DSL. They run a lot of specials.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Give Murdoch money? He's in the top ten, along with Scalia and Cheney.

Comment

• I'll fetch it for you in a bit, DSL.

Comment

• Another article on Flynn and the creepy details about his various foreign deals that are slowly emerging. As the article notes, Flynn's misdeeds increasingly look a lot bigger than simply filling out paperwork incorrectly. This Zarrab guy has flipped and if he knows things about Flynn...yeesh.

I'll say right now that there's nothing to incriminate Trump in here, other than his judgment.

Comment

• Hilarious, hack.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                I'll fetch it for you in a bit, DSL.
                That's alright. I got the gist of it.

AA- I'm not terribly cheap but the Wash Post and NY Times give you 10 free articles a month. Stingy Uncle Rupert doesn't believe in handouts!

Comment

• Trump now telling some people that he thinks the Access Hollywood tape may have been 'faked'. (He apologized for it last year and called it mere locker room talk, you'll recall).

He thinks the Mueller probe will be over by the end of the year (I have brilliant lawyers- the best!)

Approval ratings are 'fake'.

No President has had so many accomlishments in 70 years

“He creates his own reality and lives in his own reality and tries to bend reality around himself and his own deep narcissistic needs,” said Peter Wehner, a veteran of three Republican administrations and a senior fellow at the Ethics and Public Policy Center. “But, of course, in the end reality wins out, and trying to disfigure it or reinterpret it doesn’t work.”

Comment

That's alright. I got the gist of it.

AA- I'm not terribly cheap but the Wash Post and NY Times give you 10 free articles a month. Stingy Uncle Rupert doesn't believe in handouts!
                    You can get 2 months for $1. But you stay vigilant against the WSJ wanting to be paid -something- for their content.

Comment

• Tis a princely sum on the emerald shores of Scotland

Comment

• Emerald shores is Ireland. Scotland has dark, cold waters...like our hearts.

Comment

• shaddup
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• BTW, you probably already know this, but if you have Amazon Prime you can get 6 months of the WashPost for free

Comment

• A piece of technological advice, a lot of these paywall sites are not all that very robust. They use cookies as their authenticating method, it's very simple to get around them if you want to. WSJ is uses cookies as well but not in the same way.

Comment

BTW, you probably already know this, but if you have Amazon Prime you can get 6 months of the WashPost for free
                                Do you have Amazon Prime?

Comment

Working...
                                X