X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF is a "phone"
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Orrin Hatch is retiring. Almost certainly means Romney will run and probably win. Trump will be displeased.

Comment

• Excellent.

Whatever happened to Jon Huntsman? Wonder if he'd be in the mix for the seat.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          Orrin Hatch is retiring. Almost certainly means Romney will run and probably win. Trump will be displeased.
          just glad it's not going to be McMullin

Comment

• Hey, since you cannot name anything about Islam that is positive to the US (outside of Persian rugs and rape) how about reading this analysis of the ACTUAL Republican issue of 2018.

Tens of thousands of federal employees earn more money than any U.S. governor, according to a new report that reveals some eye-popping stats on government spending for the federal workforce.

Of course, moving the Federal District to someplace like Cheyanne, Wyoming or Albuquerque, NM would actually solve the problem. We could have a historic capitol in DC and a political capital in someplace where the Acela nitwits might have to move and where real property values are sensible. Nothing would get the attention of the collar counties around Washington more than a real estate crash. The loss if equity would target the exact folks who have tried to destroy the country. Can you imagine the "takers" having to take a 2/3 loss on their real estate in order to move to Albuquerque? It is a beautiful thought.

Comment

• NY Post runs with a story based on one anonymous source who was recently called to testify. They complain that there's far too many blacks on Mueller's grand jury (11 out of 20 to be exact, in Washington DC, which is 49% black). Two were even wearing peace t-shirts!!! No way these blacks can be fair to Trump, says the anonymous source (who was also a witness but refused to allow their name to be used for this story)

“The grand jury room looks like a Bernie Sanders rally,” my source said. “Maybe they found these jurors in central casting, or at a Black Lives Matter rally in Berkeley [Calif.]”
              Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; January 2, 2018, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• Nobody can name anything about any religion that's "positive to the US". Tribalism in all its forms is corrosive.

Comment

• Geeze, that Fox report is hideous and should shock the shit out of American taxpayers.

Incidentally that idea of yours (moving the government to Cheyenne, WY) has worked on a smaller scale in Georgia.

When I first came out of PA school I worked in the State Prison System as a repayment option for my scholarship. Like most prison systems of the 60s through maybe the late 90s, they were rife with corruption that cost GA tax payers a bundle. Convicts were slave labor to wardens and higher-up corrections officers. The motivation for signing on as a corrections officer was moving up to get perks.

By the 90s, a spot-light started shining on this stuff and by the end of the decade, the worst of it had been pretty much cleaned up. That's when I entered the system as a state employee. There were still plenty of perks though as those kinds of sysetms are hard to unwind.

While I was practicing, a new sheriff rode into town. The first thing he did was to subcontract medical services so, I started working for another agency. Surprisingly a sub-unit of Medical College of GA. Yep, the corruption continued just at a different level. MCG was getting paid to run the state prison's medical services. They made a pile and continue to do so on the back's of taxpayers.

The GA DOC was located in a 10 story building in down town Atlanta ..... the WHOLE building. There must have been 3000 employees inside that building. Rumor was, 30% of them on any given day didn't show up for work but these were prison administrators who moved up from corrections officers bringing down big salaries.

The new head guy was a retired 3 star Army general. He was brought in to lower the costs of encarcerating GA's law breakers - most of them dope smokers and addicts - stupid but that's another story. Well, he up and moved the DOC HQ to Forsyth GA. Something like Cheyenne, except in the middle of nowhere in GA and for the same purpose. Clear out the dead wood. Only about 30% of the 3000 employees moved there and funny, that's all it took to perform the administrative functions to run GA's prison system.

Saved millions in one fell swoop. It was cool. He lasted about another year. Like I said, it's hard to unwind that kind of shit when it's politically embedded like GA's and probably Texas's too. These two are the biggest and most expensive in the US but by-golly we gonna lock up all those law breakers and keep our people safe.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The Fox report is pretty spun - uses the term "minimum wage" to describe the average salary. Obviously there is bias to unpack there. We should of course be aware of this stuff, but peddling junk science isn't a solution. Concern about corruption should be aimed at the top end. It's classic kleptocrat to crack down on the little bits and ignore the high-value stuff. The president is selling policy outcomes and we're supposed to worry about the rank-and-file being paid according to a scale elected reps can control? That's appalling.

Geography note: the majority of federal workers are not in DC. Only about 20% of them. (http://www.governing.com/gov-data/fe...-by-state.html).
                    Last edited by hack; January 2, 2018, 10:39 PM.

Comment

• Algebra.

This is truly fucking bananas.

[ame]https://twitter.com/mattgertz/status/948358498462650369[/ame]
                      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Trump's nuclear button is much bigger and more beautiful than little Rocket Man's! #MAGA #MERRYCHRISTMASISBACK

Comment

• Is that same guy that denied watching TV?

Fucking dumbass and fucking dumbasses that support him. *sigh*
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Stand by for an important message from the President of the United States

[ame]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/948359545767841792[/ame]

It's an honor just to be nominated

Comment

• Remember folks: he doesn't have time to play golf or watch much tv

[ame]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/948362512315056129[/ame]

Comment

• By my count Trump has tweeted 16 times today (back at work!)

* Warned Iran the US is watching
                                * Calls for Huma Abedin to be jailed
                                * Takes credit for there being no commercial airline crashes anywhere in the world for 2017
                                * Bashes the failing NY Times
                                * Predicts Hispanics will fall in love with Republicans
                                * Tells Palestinians that there will be no more aid unless they sign peace deal with israel
                                * Warns Rocket Man that his button is bigger, more beautiful-- and it works!
                                * Announces a Dishonest Media Award show to be held at 5PM next Monday
                                * Recommends watching Hannity

Several of these tweets were times almost immediately after Fox ran stories about the topics

Comment

Working...
                                X