Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    He got 45.93% of the vote, the worst performance by a winning candidate in a two-way race since the 19th Century. However, he got the votes where he needed them, which is almost as important under our system. And she barely had better approval than he did. I think there's virtually no question if Obama could've run for a 3rd term, he would've beaten Trump. Surely even you would admit that. The weak Dem candidate played a role.
    I don't care about 3rd party votes, 48.something % vs Hillary.

Case can made that Jill Stein and Evan McFuckstick cost Hillary the presidency.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
      I don't care about 3rd party votes, 48.something % vs Hillary.

Case can made that Jill Stein and Evan McFuckstick cost Hillary the presidency.
      Well, I'm not sure why you'd count it that way, as if there were no third party votes, but that makes the result

Clinton: 51.11%
      Trump: 48.89%

Clinton wins by 2.22 points instead of about 2.1. Yeah, Trump beat his approval rating by 10 points in that circumstance. But so did Clinton. Also by 10 points.

Comment

• The economy is Trump's strongest aspect of his presidency. The economy was in ruinous shape in November 2016, let's all recall. America looked like Hill Valley in the alternative future of 2015.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5xs4vMx-fM"]When Marty Realizes Trump is President - YouTube[/ame]

Trump's approval on govt spending, health care, immigration, race relations...not looking as strong, per Fox

[ame]https://twitter.com/foxnewspoll/status/958492525228109826[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          Well, I'm not sure why you'd count it that way, as if there were no third party votes, but that makes the result

Clinton: 51.11%
          Trump: 48.89%

Clinton wins by 2.22 points instead of about 2.1. Yeah, Trump beat his approval rating by 10 points in that circumstance. But so did Clinton. Also by 10 points.
          That's the way places like CNN do the popular vote count that I've seen. They act like the 3rd party didnt exist, and if they didnt in PA, MI, WI then Hillary would likely be president.

Comment

• Thank God people actually vote on the economy and national security. Wait until the new rates start kicking in :D
            Last edited by Kapture1; January 30, 2018, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• DSL:

Just mulling over an idea. As noted, I still think the Rs get killed nationally. In Ohio it may not happen.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                DSL:

Just mulling over an idea. As noted, I still think the Rs get killed nationally. In Ohio it may not happen.
                The Cook Political report doesn't show a single toss-up race for an Ohio House seat. And nearly everything is solidly one way or the other. Only exception could be Renacci's old seat which is 'only' considered a lean R

Pennsylvania could be a different story. Dunno if the redistricting thing will happen but you've got retirements and sex scandals and very low approval ratings for Trump bogging the Republicans down over there.

Comment

• Only 4 Supreme Court Justices showed up this year. Not a partisan thing either: the two most conservative guys on the bench ain't there. May be time for them to consider not attending altogether, with it having become almost a campaign event.

Comment

• Trump has ordered the Memo to be released immediately after the SOTU.

Comment

• Gearing up for Maxine's response >D

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/GayPatriot/status/958548333357948929[/ame]

Comment

• Haha
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I thought Kennedy gave a powerful, impassioned speech for someone with rabies.

Comment

• Trump sues Palm Beach County AGAIN over their property appraisal for his Jupiter golf course. His lawsuit contends the estimate of $19.7 million is way too high and it's worth $15 M, tops.

In his federal financial disclosure forms he claimed the course was worth "at least" $50M.

Is this typical in real estate, Geezer?

Comment

• The stock market has taken a two day dive and is going to probably go down a bit more today and during the reminder of this week. It will amount to nothing taken in context of it's remarkable rise late last year and this year.

As a measure of the strength of the economy it is not a very good bell-weather. I point this out not to impugn the Trump administration's policy initiatives regarding the economy which I generally support but only to point out that it's rather silly to point to the stock market's rise as solely due to Trump. It's not.

There are some interesting moves afoot involving a joint plan coming from Amazon, JP Morgan and Berkshire Hathaway to collectively enter the health care services market place. The rumors of this yesterday sent Health Care shares tumbling. The market is also showing some volatility because of some uncertainty of what the Fed is going to do with interest rates. Those are the two big factors moving the indices this week. The WH didn't issue new policy to hold back the economy and Donald Trump is no more responsible for the downward trend in the Dow or the S&P this week than he is with it's rise as much as he and his supporters would like to claim it is.
                                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X