No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is silly... I don't believe that was the intent (maybe I'm wrong) but that if in implementation this is happening, it needs to be changed and the people making the policy need to recognize that need for change.
    Of course that's not happening. Froot is being intentionally specious or woefully ignorant (obviously the former).

If you do believe in legal immigration, you should also want assimilation or adoption of the culture. jmo.
    Correct, but that's not the Prog take, so be careful who you say that to.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Asians (including India). God bless them. They're crushing it.
      The need for certain skills has led companies like the one I work for to invest in HS classes to promote tech and/or computer skills and promote options for the future.
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• And when I say assimilation into the culture... that doesn't mean you shouldn't celebrate St. Patty's day... or Mexican Independence... or holiday's/festivals that celebrate your culture or history. But it does mean living by the rules of the country and not expect that country to bend to your past way of life.

So I'm open immigration... I just believe you have to have a unifying culture or else you're just a bunch of tribes/cultures/regions loosely bound together.

Comment

Keeping burning those straw men. PDJT and the Rs aren't cutting out spouses and children, but good one.

Man, there's no way anyone can be successful unless they're living with their parents, brothers, sisters, cousins, second-cousins, third-cousins-once removed, aunts, uncles, great uncles, and so forth...It's particularly awesome when you pair Chain Migrations (triggered!) with the Lottery. Somebody pulls a number and 37 people are coming over!

BTW, "assimilation" is a microagression per various speech codes including the University of California system. Why are you being such a hateful racist, Froot?
          Yes talent the above it all, nuanced man sees it objectively as any con would. In this post he apes DJT'S false assertion about unlimited chain migration.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
            And when I say assimilation into the culture... that doesn't mean you shouldn't celebrate St. Patty's day... or Mexican Independence... or holiday's/festivals that celebrate your culture or history. But it does mean living by the rules of the country and not expect that country to bend to your past way of life.

So I'm open immigration... I just believe you have to have a unifying culture or else you're just a bunch of tribes/cultures/regions loosely bound together.
            What tribes aren't assimilating in America?

Comment

• The thing with chain migration is that PDJT is going to amnesty a shitload of Dreamers. That's nice and popular. But then each of those Dreamers will get to bring in their entire family. That's one of the reasons PDJT wants to limit chain migration to spouses and minor children.

Further, there's already a waiting list of some 4 million chain migration applicants -- 10-15 years worth. PDJT isn't doing shit about those folks -- if you're on the list you get to stay in line.

What he does want to do is make the rules clear to those who come to our country going forward. That's entirely fair -- there's nothing worse than changing the rules to account for public opinion -- a Prog favorite.

Comment

• froot.. it was a statement on immigration going forward and what I'd view as an important "slippery slope" to avoid

Comment

The need for certain skills has led companies like the one I work for to invest in HS classes to promote tech and/or computer skills and promote options for the future.
                  This is the type of discussion we should be having...how we can do a better job of developing our domestic talent instead of having ridiculous discussions (like the one above) about how to compensate for our shortcoming through immigration. Maximize what we have, and fill in afterwards as needed.

Comment

• Yes talent the above it all, nuanced man sees it objectively as any con would. In this post he apes DJT'S false assertion about unlimited chain migration.
                    Yeah, I intentionally mocked your willful dumbassery with a stupid ass claim. The average immigrant brings 3.45 immigrants to the country via chain migration, not 37. You got me.

Wanna recant your outright LIE? Or you gonna just run the Prog playbook?

Comment

Hopefully the Ds will make immigration a huge issue. Given their overall strategic tendencies, that wouldn't surprise me one bit.
                      You might be right. I didn't say it was a great electioneering strategy. Trump proved that scapegoating immigrants is an effective immigration strategy. Make America Great Again.

Comment

• At multiple universities around the country -- major universities -- it is considered a microaggression to suggest that America is a "melting pot."

#ProgUp

Comment

....... So I'm open immigration... I just believe you have to have a unifying culture or else you're just a bunch of tribes/cultures/regions loosely bound together.
                          Well, that is probably what the trend is. I've not read any scholarly arguments supporting that it is a trend. But the numbers of non-white immigrants past and presently flowing to the US is staggering. It should not surprise anyone that they tend to establish households in enclaves of their same race and culture. Once there, as much as liberals would like to think they do, they don't always assimilate.

Outside the US, France is a perfect example of liberal, open arms immigration policy that has created enclaves of Muslims that have no intention of assimilating France's predominantly Catholic heritage and social culture. They can and have become cauldrons of Islamic extremism and anti-western behaviors.

I can imagine that when Trump speaks of protecting the boarders and he is then labeled as a racist, it is the wish to avoid following France's path to immigration policy that, no matter how you might want to sugar coat it, is dangerous to French identity and security.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                            This is the type of discussion we should be having...how we can do a better job of developing our domestic talent instead of having ridiculous discussions (like the one above) about how to compensate for our shortcoming through immigration. Maximize what we have, and fill in afterwards as needed.

Correct and this strategy is not being talked about at all. I learned more about coding in high school than they are teaching students now as far as I can tell.

Comment

• PDJT certainly showed that Americans care about the ILLEGAL immigrant problem. I mean, if we have rules then they ought to mean something -- but, again, maybe this is antithetical to the Progs.

Comment

At multiple universities around the country -- major universities -- it is considered a microaggression to suggest that America is a "melting pot."

#ProgUp

You might be right, I don't knkw, I don't spend much time on a college campus or devouring NRO.

Comment

Working...
                                X