No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Anendment jurisprudence is an excellent template for the 2nd Amendment. It’d be a great way to build on the entirely correct Heller decision.

Now, DSL can get back to his standard schtick of unserious questions without staking out any definitive position of his own. Kapture’’s meme are like the perfect counterbalance to his Gentry snark.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
      I can

We can first harden schools, hire armed guards.we ha e the ability to lock down certain parts of hospitals, same should be true for schools.

We need the mental health restraining orders that if a family member or someone close to a person presents evidence that they are a threat to themselves or others, they have their guns removed from the house and lose the ability to purchase guns for specified length of time. That time can be extended if those family members have good cause and present for the renewal or extention.

Reform mental health in this country. In the mid 70's we opened the doors of mental institutions and let them all just roam the streets. There needs to be serious reform, the ability to commit people to get the help they need.

Also need to reform the background check system. This guy passed a background check, but with his mental health history he shouldnt have

Increase the age of gun ownership to 21 for non police and military members

Fix the fucking FBI. They have veen tipped of at several of these mass killers and did shit.

Allow conceal carry in schools for those teachers that undergo all the conditions to carry in their state, as well as additional specified training. Allow them to have in the class safe a handgun that unly allows the be unlocked with a combo once a code is entered at the main office alerting of an active shooter. Put signs up that notifies everyone the teachers are ARMED and will use extreme measures to protect students.

The left just wants to ban guns.
      The NRA has already put out a statement that they are vehemently opposed to raising any age limits and they will fight Trump on any proposed changes on that end.

Comment

• Related, but the crazy ass guy who shot two cops in Columbus bought his gun illegally from a straw purchaser. They got the straw purchaser under arrest. He’s facing up to 10 years. I say max it the fuck out.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          First Anendment jurisprudence is an excellent template for the 2nd Amendment. It’d be a great way to build on the entirely correct Heller decision.

Now, DSL can get back to his standard schtick of unserious questions without staking out any definitive position of his own. Kapture’’s meme are like the perfect counterbalance to his Gentry snark.
          And Talent will continue his pretentious schtick of pretending he's the only honest, serious, and objective person in this forum, who's only out for constructive debate and any position that does not align itself with Talent's principles is, by definition, dishonest and non-objective.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            So I can legally purchase an RPG after an exhaustive background check, registering with the ATF, paying a steep tax, and having a local law enforcement officer vouch for me. That's apparently not infringement or a restriction on ownership.

But raising the age to 21 or creating new taxes or lengthier background checks for someone buying an AR-15 WOULD be an infringement?
            Nice strawman, but nobody is talking about RPGs but you.

So sorry but i dont need to ask the government's permission to exercize my god given right to protect myself and family, and yes i do so with a semiautomatic firearm.

Comment

• Well, I answered your question, DSL. I know you don’t understand the answer.

Snark away; burn some strawmen.

Comment

The NRA has already put out a statement that they are vehemently opposed to raising any age limits and they will fight Trump on any proposed changes on that end.
                You say it like I'm a member of the NRA

Comment

Nice strawman, but nobody is talking about RPGs but you.

So sorry but i dont need to ask the government's permission to exercize my god given right to protect myself and family, and yes i do so with a semiautomatic firearm.
                  A waiting period, background check, and requiring a license is also asking for the government's permission.

There, Talent, I didn't phrase it as a question.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    Well, I answered your question, DSL. I know you don?t understand the answer.

Snark away; burn some strawmen.
                    Keep us #GentryProgs honest, Talent. It's the new White's Man's Burden, by God.

Comment

• Will do. You keep up the effete self-loathing and infantalization of all marginalized people.

Comment

• Kap,
                        Thank you for actually engaging. I have a problem with some of your proposals, but the “mental health” restraining order is not a bad one, but what standard do you use and what type of due process is owed?

The standard for committing someone is very high, and I don’t know that this shooter was delusional or lost touch with reality. He was angry. But so are lots of folks. Is it anyone that makes a threat, or what?

And who decides? The local court of jurisdiction? An agency? Sounds like you support universal background checks too and would ban private sales?
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

A waiting period, background check, and requiring a license is also asking for the government's permission.

There, Talent, I didn't phrase it as a question.
                          I dont have a waiting period in my state or need a license lol

And a instant background check isnt asking the governments permission, its "i want to buy that gun" "sure can, first i have to make sure you are not a felon or wife beater"

That's far different than "here's 200 dollars for the consideration of allowing me the oppertunity to own a gun" "ok, we'll get back to you in three to six months"

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                            Kap,
                            Thank you for actually engaging. I have a problem with some of your proposals, but the ?mental health? restraining order is not a bad one, but what standard do you use and what type of due process is owed?

The standard for committing someone is very high, and I don?t know that this shooter was delusional or lost touch with reality. He was angry. But so are lots of folks. Is it anyone that makes a threat, or what?

And who decides? The local court of jurisdiction? An agency? Sounds like you support universal background checks too and would ban private sales?
                            I wouldn't ban private sales. I would perhaps suggest the purchase permit system thast we have for handguns, where unless you have a CPL you need to go down to the county sheriff and have a background check and get a purchase permit to buy privately.

Ive sold several guns privately all to CPL holders so i knew they all had vackground checks, were fingerprinted and had training.

In terms of the violence pervention restraining order, those things need to be hashed out, but one of the major issues is if someone's friends and family are worried, they currently have no recourse.

Comment

I dont have a waiting period in my state or need a license lol

And a instant background check isnt asking the governments permission, its "i want to buy that gun" "sure can, first i have to make sure you are not a felon or wife beater"

That's far different than "here's 200 dollars for the consideration of allowing me the oppertunity to own a gun" "ok, we'll get back to you in three to six months"
                              Well, do you think a license and registration fee, in the localities that have such things, is unconstitutional? I don't. Just so my own position is clearly staked out.

Comment

• Effete #GentryProgressivism in circa 1997 Simpsons, undoubtedly written by a BLM millennial activist under the supervision of a Transgender Lesbian something something. I've always said this was when they jumped the shark.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUTmBcerIYU"]Homer Simpson Buys A Gun YouTube - YouTube[/ame]
                                Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; February 21, 2018, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X