Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Unsupportable bullshit is still unsupportable bullshit no matter how many times you repeat it. But that?s textbook #GentryProg rhetoric.
    So you think that the trucker should have stayed in his cab like his company told him and risked freezing to death?
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Best case if a NoKo meeting even takes place.

Advantages Kim: Gains legitimacy by meeting with the POTUS. Kim's ego stroke by having Trump fly thousand of miles to meet in Panmunjom. Kim will claim to his people he brought the US crawling to the table.

Advantages Trump: Pulls a major coup out his burning wreckage Presidency if the NoKo's don't theatrically walk out at some point.

What could a possible agreement look like? NoKo denuclearizes when all sanctions are lifted. The US agrees to leave South Korea. The UN under Chinese flag supervise the destruction of weapons and disposal of fissionable material.

Sticking points: When does denuclearization begin? Before or after sanctions are lifted? Are nuke facilities closed or destroyed? Would the US demand to retain bases but give up military exercises? Who gets the material?

Consequences: US cedes to China dominant influence in the region. NoKo now provides lowest cost labor for exploitation but population no longer starves. Other pariah regimes intensify black market search for nuclear material seeking long term economic gain.

Arguably, removing nukes from a sociopathic tyrant is worth the cost. But what will be the cost?
      Last edited by Ghengis Jon; March 9, 2018, 06:01 PM.
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• So you think that the trucker should have stayed in his cab like his company told him and risked freezing to death?
        Goodness. Is that the basis for your nonsense rhetoric?

I'm happy to discuss the merits of statutory interpretation in this case. In fact, I'll give you credit for actually being interested enough to take the time to read the case. My guess is that you haven't read the case, yet, and are simply parroting back #GentryProg hottakes from the likes of Linda Greenhouse. You'd do well to actually read it and form your own opinion: https://www.ca10.uscourts.gov/opinions/15/15-9504.pdf

I'm happy to talk about the mertis of whether "refuse to operate" means "refuse to not operate". I can certainly see the merits of the majority's opinion and I absolutely understand the merits of Gorsuch's. As an appellate court making determinations of law, I find his concluding point 100% correct:

It might be fair to ask whether TransAm’s decision was a wise or kind one. But it’s not our job to answer questions like that. Our only task is to decide whether the decision was an illegal one.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I'd wait to believe Kennedy is retiring when he announces it himself. Heller's the most endangered Republican in the Senate and may be wishcasting.

Consider that Republicans were telling people that Kennedy was about to retire last summer

He's also already hired 4 law clerks for the term that begins in October. So unless he got some bad health news in the last month, I'd say there's not much suggesting he's about to quit other than Heller's quote.

Comment

• Correct, DSL.

Comment

Goodness. Is that the basis for your nonsense rhetoric?

I'm happy to discuss the merits of statutory interpretation in this case. In fact, I'll give you credit for actually being interested enough to take the time to read the case. My guess is that you haven't read the case, yet, and are simply parroting back #GentryProg hottakes from the likes of Linda Greenhouse. You'd do well to actually read it and form your own opinion: https://www.ca10.uscourts.gov/opinions/15/15-9504.pdf

I'm happy to talk about the mertis of whether "refuse to operate" means "refuse to not operate". I can certainly see the merits of the majority's opinion and I absolutely understand the merits of Gorsuch's. As an appellate court making determinations of law, I find his concluding point 100% correct:
              I have read the case and would discuss the case, but I find the second half of your second paragraph rather condescending. I also find it troubling to what you assume I must have read, because of what position I took. It illustrates an inflexibility of mind.
              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Talent- I finally went back to that link and saw the menu. There is something hilarious about cured salmon gravlax and braised beef with mushroom bordelaise being served in a fancy restaurant while bluegrass is being played by some country boys from Alabama.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Yeah, I doubt you have, Whitley. But if you have then your informed take is awful and dishonest. #GentryProg. Refuse to operate means refuse not to operate. Lol. I don’t blame you for not wanting to defend that with anything other than Prog rhetoric.

AA:

It’s hilarious.
                  Last edited by iam416; March 9, 2018, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• Lol. What’s your basis to doubt that Whitley read it?
                    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Huge jobs growth for February. NK move is modestly encouraging if for only the fact that it?s even less likely that NK goes crazy during talks. I hold out virtually no hope of anything meaningful.

More importantly, Stormy.
                      IMO, Stormy involves more than salacious gossip because potential election law violations took place if the money ultimately came from the Trump campaign to hush her up. Knowing Trump, it probably did, but it's probably unproveable. They likely moved the money from the campaign to the Trump Org to Cohen to Stormy. Or the reimbursement probably took place in reverse.

On a practical level, Trump could publicly announce he wanted DC's best hookers to visit him nightly at the WH and 40% of the country wouldn't be bothered so long as a #GentryProg somewhere was losing his mind.

Comment

• On a more practical note, nothing about Stormy is going to move the needle. You’re right about the 40%. And PDJT could cure cancer and the #GentryProgs would still scream Russia!

Comment

• I am not a #GentryProg.

I am a Mixed Ideology Lover of Freedoms

Call me #GentryMILF

Wait a minute...
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

On a more practical note, nothing about Stormy is going to move the needle. You?re right about the 40%. And PDJT could cure cancer and the #GentryProgs would still scream Russia!
                            I hear Trump's tears cure cancer. Too bad he's never cried.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              I am not a #GentryProg.

I am a Mixed Ideology Lover of Freedoms

Call me #GentryMILF

Wait a minute...
                              If you think the TPS report matters more than the cover sheet, you're a Gentry Prog.

Comment

• Correct

Comment

Working...
                                X