No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WH reporters say there are rumblings of more major personnel changes by the end of the week.

Kelly? Could he actually go full nuclear and fire Sessions?

Also the State Dept. spokesperson who contradicted the White House's timeline of Tillerson has now also been fired, LOL

EDIT: I take it back, Goldstein was 4th highest person at State. A Trump appointee. Also fired
    Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; March 13, 2018, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• When AI can render art the way Michaelangelo rendered the celing of the Sistine Chapel, I'll start believing it will play a larger part in the practice of Medicine.
      How about when AI can chauffer you through rush hour traffic?
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Re Tillerson - one less adult in the room. <sigh>
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I'd put it another way ...... medicine is part art and part science. In the diagnosis of a constellation of symptoms, 2+2 does not always equal 4 and AI relies on that kind of mathmatics to perform effectively.

I think actually it's half pitching, half fielding and half hitting.

Comment

• When AI can render art the way Michaelangelo rendered the celing of the Sistine Chapel, I'll start believing it will play a larger part in the practice of Medicine.

I'll just be happy with my phone learning to pronounce compound vowels

Comment

• Lolololololol at Pure Drumpf looking at wall prototypes. I've heard more intelligent babble from guys 2 bottles of old crow deep at the bar. What a complete fucking moron. Lo Lol lolo. I feel embarassed for the news anchors that need to cover and discusss. Wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

When AI can render art the way Michaelangelo rendered the celing of the Sistine Chapel, I'll start believing it will play a larger part in the practice of Medicine.
                I used to say the same thing about grandmaster level chess. There are brilliant, creative, intuitive (for lack of a better word) programs beating grandmasters that I swore would never be possible. What I learned is that human brilliancies can be turned to 1's and 0's once we have enough data points to input.

Also. There are, without a doubt, programs that pass the Turing Test. As far as painting, there is a program now that turns photographs into paintings. A database of a few million interesting themes for the program to capture, compile, emulate, alter, arrange, and change into a painting and it could be done.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• There is already a 12-lead program that is better at dysrhythmia and EKG interpretation than the average cardiologist.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Free to use online neural network photo to painting generator.

Comment

• AA, what do you know bout this joker?
                      [ame]https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/973646893774491648[/ame]

Comment

• It's a huge issue. And it's not just him. Under Alabama law, it's legal. A few counties have fixed the loophole, but not most. They will skate.

Comment

• There is already a 12-lead program that is better at dysrhythmia and EKG interpretation than the average cardiologist.
                          Yeah, these types of applications are coming. And telemedicine. Actual procedures are still many years in the future, but once we start on the up curve it’ll move fast.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Comment

• Follow Jessica Huseman who's been sitting in court watching the ACLU v. Kobach trial in Kansas. Jesse Richman, the guy who did that Old Dominion study upon which the claim of "millions of illegals are voting" is based, testified today. Sounds like he did a "terrific" job. He even admitted that he thinks Kobach has misinterpreted his study. As part of his "analysis", he and a grad student sifted through voter rolls and flagged "foreign-sounding names" as possibly illegal votes. The ACLU lawyer asked him if the name "Carlos Murguia" would've been flagged as a clearly foreign name. Richman said "probably". The ACLU lawyer then informed him that Carlos Murguia was born in Kansas City and is a federal judge for the Kansas District Court.

[ame]https://twitter.com/JessicaHuseman/status/973617125272293376[/ame]
                              Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; March 13, 2018, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• Mike Pompeo will move from Director of the CIA to SEC State. Pompeo is noteworthy as a staunch supporter of Israel and anti-environmentalist. He's been closely tied with DJT for a long time ..... no surprise he was picked to replace Tillerson
                                What is an anti-environmentalist?

Someone who believes in actual science, perchance?

Comment

Working...
                                X