No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exactly. I watched -or tried to watch- Space Balls on cable a while back. It sucked, badly, but I could see how a 14-year-old me would have liked it.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• A musical interlude

[ame]https://youtu.be/GLmMB2nedT8[/ame]
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I do think Blazing Saddles is his best. There are still some scenes that are really funny, but it's such a crazy ass movie that it needs more than a few laughs to sustain it.

Raising Arizona is crazy ass, but for my tastes, there's way more funny to keep it going.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I tried to like Blazing Saddles but my seed could find no purchase.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Heh. Back in the lab, we have a tech that is basically a human mountain. Lovingly referred to as "Mongo".
            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Your daughter is talented, CG.

Comment

• Thanks
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                  Which? IMO there's an argument for Spaceballs.
                  History of the World. Loved spaceballs as a kid, but saw it not long ago and merely chuckled. Felt bad, then I read some of these other schmuck say the same, so possibly I'm onto something.

Comment

• you mean these haven't aged well.....?? I'm shocked.....

"I see that your Schwartz is as big as mine. Now, let's see how well you handle it."
                    "What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? Chicken?"
                    "On this ship, you are to refer to me as "idiot," not "you captain"! I mean - you know what I mean!"
                    "[Talking on the Winnebago intercom to the passengers] Buckle up back there, we're going into..."Hyperactive"!"
                    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• there are really bad movies that I can't stop watching... 'They Live' falls into that category. Who can resist with dialogue such as..

- Either put on these glasses or start eating that trashcan.
                      - I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass - and I'm all out of bubblegum.
                      - Brother, life's a bitch, and she's back in heat.
                      - Mama don't like tattletales.
                      Last edited by entropy; April 2, 2018, 02:37 PM.
                      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I have a friend who loves High Anxiety

Comment

• Spaceballs is awful. It was awful when it came out. Still very much enjoy Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein. Some of that's nostalgia for the bits, a lot of it's Gene Wilder's brilliance in both movies.

Comment

• Oh I dunno. Spaceballs is still great, IMO. Maybe you have to really love Rick Moranis, which I do. Of course these aren't Coen Bros masterpieces, but film doesn't age well in general. Then again, Airplane holds up better, and that's older than Spaceballs IIRC. History of the World is my pick tho. Holds up just fine.

Comment

• yeah dramas hold up a little better

but movies like trading places /the jerk/animal house/fast times at ridgmont high/ hold up very well

Comment

• Haven't seen History of the World in a long, long time. Will have to check it out. Rick Moranis is by far the best thing in Spaceballs, no doubt.

Comment

Working...
                                X