No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True. I expect things to get very ugly in here. The US is in an inexorable downward spiral to pits of ruin, only in about 700 words instead of 10.

Meanwhile, I much give a flying fuck about Kanye, but I did go a take a look at Candace Owens' YouTube channel as a result of this whole "Black Dude IS A REPUBLICAN ZOMGZOMGZOMG!!!!" thing. I have to say, from what I've seen so far, she's not so bad. A little trolly, but such is life. Overall, would watch again.
    Last edited by iam416; May 2, 2018, 07:55 AM.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Some demands from a BLM Activist from August: https://www.leoweekly.com/2017/08/white-people/

Can't believe I missed this gem.

Comment

• Talent,

The Kentucky Derby is on the horizon. I need to know who you think will win so I can eliminate at least one horse from the field.

Yours in Bill Shoemaker,
        AA

#SmartyJones
        #MasterLockOfTheYear
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          The NYT dedicating much space to how Karl Marx was RIGHT! https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/30/o...influence.html

Unsurprisingly, the National Review (and most rational thinking folks) disagree: https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...ed-in-poverty/

Ah, the paper of record.
          pfff, Ben, that 100,000,000 innocent men women and children dead in the last 100 years wasn't real Marxism. duh.

Comment

• I think he put all his faith on this little thorougbred

This horse is a winner, and I love a winner," the human Gronkowski said in a statement. "When I heard about the racehorse being named after me, I started watching and got really stoked when he started winning. He's won his last three races and is now headed to the Derby. I'm all in: Welcome to the Gronk Family, Gronkowski the Horse!"

unfortunately the horse got an std, ran a fever and was pulled from the derby and his stud fees have plummeted since he started pissing razor blades

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              The US is in an inexorable downward spiral to pits of ruin
              Coincidentally, this is also how Talent began his letter to the school board when he found out Ivanhoe was being removed from his kid's reading list and replaced by Toni Morrison

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                New Arizona poll shows Trump up one though it could be worse for him than that overall.

40% of the respondents said they've already voted and of those, Clinton is winning 52%-42%. Could indicate that unless Trump really turns out the vote on Election Day he could be in trouble.

https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-ins...oll_AZ_102516/
                lol

Comment

Also, Real Clear Politics now considers Texas a toss-up state
                  lolzzz

Comment

• I'M SO CHAGRINED LULZ

Heh, polls can sometimes be wrong and don't accurately measure intent to vote. That stuff was also before Comey announced the FBI was reopening the Clinton investigation 11 days before the Election.

At least I didn't disingenuously defend a child molestor because he was part of "my team". That would be a pretty hard stain to erase!!

Comment

• I like Beloved. I think it's a tad overrated in so far as I don't think it's a top 3 contemporary novel. But it's worth teaching.

Is this where I mock you for not wanting to teach Shakespeare because it was written by a dead white guy?

Of course, only one of these extreme examples actually happens these days.

Comment

Leaked internal Republican polls suggest Florida may be sliding out of Trump's grasp.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/1...florida-230275
                        Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        Cook Political Report now predicting the Dems to pick up 5-7 seats in the Senate

http://cookpolitical.com/story/10113
                        Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                        The fools in my state still think Trump is going to win. "The polls are all fabricated by the dishonest media." "That's what they said about Reagan" "Look at all of the people at the rallies". "It's rigged!"

Local talk radio had a guy that is a "political pundit" on today, a local guy that blogs and writes for a couple of different outlets. He was saying it's over for Trump and that the Repubs should concentrate on the down ballot races to try to be able to stop Hillary. The radio show host was aghast. "But the rallies! The pundit said that they don't matter. Mathematically, the amount of people that attend is insignificant. The host couldn't believe it.

Denial.
                        Trump's campaign has spent more on hats than internal polling

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...an-on-polling/
                        Trump's people apparently think Michigan is close enough to make it worth a quick stop. FOlly? Maybe so, but not more so than Minnesota, probably, or Hillary's visit to Arizona last week.
                        Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                        I bet Trump doesn't get to 200.
                        I believe Trump's ceiling is 264. I do not think he will win Nevada based on the (what I believe is) credible info coming from Jon Ralston about early voting out there. If you give him Maine District 2 plus Ohio, Florida, North Carolina, New Hampshire, and Iowa, he's stuck at that number. And I still think Hillary should prob be favored in Florida. And still has a shot in NC.

Ohio, I fear, is Trumpland. And may head towards electoral irrelevance in the future like Missouri if worst comes to worst.
                        Yeah things not trending well for Trump in Florida at the moment. Lots and lots of SE Florida votes not counted and Clinton's with Huge lead in Orlando; decent one in Tampa.
                        Yeah her lead in the three big Dem counties is currently ahead of Obama in 2012. Maybe Orlando too, I haven't looked back at that one.
                        Trump's running out of places in Florida to add votes. SE Florida still with a huge number of votes outstanding.
                        Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                        Clinton will win FL going away.
                        No matter what happens now we're heading towards an era of protectionism, trade wars, and stock market calamity. Adjust your 401ks tonight if you can.

Rural America has spoken and misery loves company.
                        Stock futures now down 500 points

?\_(ツ)_/?

Comment

• AA...put all your Confederate money on Combatant...50-1...it's a lock...I hear the jockey was once recruited by The Nick as a placekicker...can't miss...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Will do. Thanks, Wiz. You are my favorite crippled ex-small-conference ref who could not sire a son.

And I mean that.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• ...you just made my day...

xoxoxo

Now kindly STFU
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Ty Cobb quits Trump's legal team. Wasn't getting along well with Rogers Hornsby

Comment

Working...
                                X