X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• party of science, folks

Comment

• *Yawn*
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Perhaps his oh-so-bright legal team should inform the Shithead-In-Chief that the DOJ is specifically prohibited from considering political affiliation when hiring.
        Yup. He should have said 13 angry progressives, seven of which were Dem donors. The chance of coming up with 13 progressives, if you consider progs to be 50% of the population, is 1 over 2 to the 13th power, something like 1/16,800. It is amazing how bad Trump's luck is. That is not even calculating the percent of the population that gave to the Dems to the seventh power BTW.

As for hiring "guidelines", these 13 were not new hires, and, besides, when has the DOJ followed the law in this matter?

In actual news, the federal government ran a surplus of $219 Billion in April, largest in history. The CBO predicted a large shortfall. So again we see (1) the CBO is a clueless group of progressives and (2) actual data is coming in to show how much the tax cut has increased tax receipts, as supply-siders predicted and as has happened throughout history when taxes were cut.

Comment

• Ah yes, straight from the Washington times. Ha!

The statistic they chose to highlight seems to be one that is ripe for misinterpretation. (imagine that?)

How do receipts in April typically compare to other months? Since folks who owe money on their tax returns will most likely pay in April, it's plausible that April would very often be the month of highest receipts.

How does the trend of April receipts look over many years? Inflation tends to make numbers grow nearly monotonically with time, so very often the latest reported value is the "highest in history."

Government spending is typically fairly flat month to month, and isn't going to see an April bump like receipts would. This will exaggerate the delta between April receipts and expenditures compared to other months.

The April tax receipts are based on the old tax law, so do not reflect the effect of the recent tax cut. Likewise the expenditures are based on the previous "budget"/"continuing resolution" spending authorizations. The most recent spending authorizations (higher) haven't taken effect yet.

Determining whether the report in the times is actually meaningful, or just cherry picking strange statistics, requires more critical analysis than presented in the "Times" article linked.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Comment

• *yawn*

Comment

• Well, CGVT, why have Minnesota, Connecticut, and Utah reported substantial increases in tax receipts which their treasurers attribute to job growth? "Revenue Growth Boosts State Coffers" was an article in the WSJ yesterday, front page. Why would Connecticut cherry-pick statistics?

And the CBO was $ 40 Billion off in their estimates, according to your article in the Times. It seems to me that the CBO should know what the normal ebb and flow is with monthly receipts, and I agree that April might be a high month. But they should have enough information, even more than CGVT, to predict more accurately. Deregulation could be causing the increase in economic activity, as could corporations taking deductions in 2017 to write them off at the 35% rate (thus raising the FIT payable).

I'm still waiting for you progressive geniuses to explain to me why most of Obama's term had negative real interest rates. How did that happen? Dig into your Marxist theology and figure it out, because it actually happened. Why? The answer is not that hard. I'll give you a clue: Over time, the GDP growth rate and the secular interest rate tend to converge.

Easy.

Comment

• Well, CGVT, why have Minnesota, Connecticut, and Utah reported substantial increases in tax receipts which their treasurers attribute to job growth? "Revenue Growth Boosts State Coffers" was an article in the WSJ yesterday, front page. Why would Connecticut cherry-pick statistics?

And the CBO was $ 40 Billion off in their estimates, according to your article in the Times. It seems to me that the CBO should know what the normal ebb and flow is with monthly receipts, and I agree that April might be a high month. But they should have enough information, even more than CGVT, to predict more accurately. Deregulation could be causing the increase in economic activity, as could corporations taking deductions in 2017 to write them off at the 35% rate (thus raising the FIT payable).

I'm still waiting for you progressive geniuses to explain to me why most of Obama's term had negative real interest rates. How did that happen? Dig into your Marxist theology and figure it out, because it actually happened. Why? The answer is not that hard. I'll give you a clue: Over time, the GDP growth rate and the secular interest rate tend to converge.

Easy.

Comment

Easy.

Comment

• haha, fucking loser

Comment

• Comment

• President Douche Bag has just guaranteed that North Korea will stall for time (to further develop its missile technology) and then disregard any treaty (if any) they sign. They clearly see that under Chump's regime, the US can not be trusted in anything we say or sign (re the Paris Climate Accord and the JCPOA). There is no motivation to denuclearize, as any assurances made by the US are worthless.

President Douche Bag, end our National Nightmare by resigning. You are a dark shit stain on the history of our once great nation.
                          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• haha, you're fucking delusional

Comment

• the US can not be trusted in anything we say or sign
                              I didn't realize the "US signed" either of those things. Perhaps if they actually had, you know, gone through the process of building consensus and having the Senate approve an actual TREATY -- then it wouldn't be so remarkably easy for PDJT to do what he pleases.

But, Obama didn't. And his party got waxed in 2014 and then his party lost in 2016. So the idea that guys who waxed his party are bound to follow what he did unilaterally w/o entering a Treaty is total bullshit.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                                President Douche Bag has just guaranteed that North Korea will stall for time (to further develop its missile technology) and then disregard any treaty (if any) they sign. They clearly see that under Chump's regime, the US can not be trusted in anything we say or sign (re the Paris Climate Accord and the JCPOA). There is no motivation to denuclearize, as any assurances made by the US are worthless.

President Douche Bag, end our National Nightmare by resigning. You are a dark shit stain on the history of our once great nation.
                                President Douche Bag's second term ended in 2016 dumbass...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X