Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    I didn't realize the "US signed" either of those things. Perhaps if they actually had, you know, gone through the process of building consensus and having the Senate approve an actual TREATY -- then it wouldn't be so remarkably easy for PDJT to do what he pleases.

But, Obama didn't. And his party got waxed in 2014 and then his party lost in 2016. So the idea that guys who waxed his party are bound to follow what he did unilaterally w/o entering a Treaty is total bullshit.
    Well, at a minimum, foreign leaders should at least now realize that it's pointless to enter into any agreement with a US President/Executive Branch without ratification by the US Senate. And anything we agree to at the UN is only good so long as the President is in office. But perhaps that's always been the case?

Comment

• I would have thought the Tom Cotton letter laying that out would have been enough for most people.

Can someone explain how this is different than Bush backing out of the NKo deal because they were scumbags? But they were scumbags with nukes not to long after that.
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• "Do you want the US to pull out of the agreement with Iran?"

29% YES

42% NO

28% DON'T KNOW

Surprisingly, support for withdrawal isn't overwhelmingly popular among Republicans either...only 44% said leave

Comment

• Talent- Do you think your boy, Kusinich, can pull the upset over Cordray? Or is your money on that lion of the Bench, Mr. O'Neill?

Comment

• There’s no way Cordray loses.

And, yes, if I were a foreign power I’d understand that non-ratified agreements lack the same permanence as actual treaties.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Unclear how Stormy's lawyer got this info, but all of the following paid into the same account (Essential Consulting, LLC) that Cohen used to pay off Stormy

* Viktor Vekselberg: Russian Oligarch and currently on the sanctions list. Cohen received $500,000 from his US business in 1Q 2017.

* AT&T: Paid Cohen a total of $200,000. in Late 2017/early 2018. AT&T has already admitted that yes, they paid Cohen, but they merely wanted "insight into the administration"

* Novartis: Nearly $400,000 in payments in late 2017. The CEO of Novartis met with Trump in the WH in January 2018. Novartis says: "No comment"

* Korea Aerospace: $150,000

So was Cohen selling favors and influence or what? Sure looks like it. Forget the Russian and Stormy for a moment, I'm as interested in knowing what AT&T and Novartis thought they were purchasing and if this was a Cohen solo operation or...?

Comment

• Fake News. No collusion. Witch Hunt.

Sad!
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Novartis has also now confirmed they paid Cohen but deferred all questions about the purpose to their ex-CEO.

Comment

• Luke Messer of Indiana was one of the 17 Representatives who nominated Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize. He's quitting his position to run for Senate. Todd Rokita brought a cardboard cutout of Trump everywhere he campaigned. Both lost tonight to Mike Braun, a businessman "Washington Outsider" who was apparently a registered Democrat until a few years ago.

Comment

• Cordray and DeWine easy winners. Renacci should win the Senate nomination but this Gibbons guy is running surprisingly strong

Comment

• General comment ......DJT has managed to give the press the impetus to lift up the rock that is covering the roaches, among which Trump may be no better a cockroach or no worse than past presidents and their administrations, involved in American politics.

When I speak of "impetus," I mean the unique circumstances present in social and broadcast media today, not present in the past, that created the uniquely adversarial chemistry between DJT and the press. The press wants to nail him and there are good reasons for that.

Having said that, it has to have become clear to anyone watching Trump and his people that they are dirty on many levels, astoundingly naive as to what they can or cannot get away with above or under the table, equally naive about dealing with allies and foes internationally, and will eventually hang themselves out of their own brazen actions and their inherent stupidity.

Like Jon, I'm tired of watching the embarrassing shit show. Anything positive coming out his presidency to date is erased by the sheer scale of the negative impression he creates for himself, his administration and the bumbling out front people he surrounds himself with that adds to it.

JMO, those of you who support him here will disagree with me. But support for him in the face of the negative picture he creates for himself and those administration officials across the spectrum of all his presidential responsibilities and duties, is feeding the press frenzy, a good deal of which is factual, that will end that support among the American electorate.

Ticktock.
                        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• It’s more than poor optics. His actions erode the norms necessary for a republic to function. (As does the Republican insistence on refusing to govern)
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Rs are governing all over the place. Thankfully.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Cordray won more easily than I expected. But the total number of people who voted in the Dem primary vs the Republican one should be disconcerting to him. I expect that to narrow as most of the outstanding votes are probably in the urban counties but still...as of right now it's a difference of 150,000 votes

The only conundrum DeWine faces is will the Taylor voters come out for him in November if he, well, acts like his genuine self instead of publicly giving Trump blowjobs like they expect him to? IMO he can probably afford to tell the Taylor people to fuck off, because Kasich is still pretty popular, but who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                Rs are governing all over the place. Thankfully.
                                Talent thrilled that Iraq War 2.0 a real possibility now thanks to Republican governance!!

Hi!

Comment

Working...
                                X